LIVE: John Calipari previews Winthrop game

Kentucky has a basketball game tomorrow, which means John Calipari will take questions from the media today to preview the game.

You can tune in below:

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for LIVE: John Calipari previews Winthrop game

1. BigolBlue
    2:23 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

Cal deflecting everything about losing Wiseman. He sounds and is defeated

• bigbluebanana
      3:23 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

Dude is a HOF coach, has won national and regional titles, goes to bed every night in a bed that’s more expensive than your car, has a happy and loving family and gets to do it all while making kids dreams come true…yep, his life sucks. Wrap it up boys, bigolblue solved the puzzle.

• Skooms
      4:59 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

Big Blew douche strikes again! He deflects anything about being a Lousyville fan, he sounds and is defeated.

2. BigolBlue
    2:29 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

We aint winning this year and next year looks even worse. UK is a mediocre fringe top 25 program now.

• Skooms
      5:00 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

Your boys in red aren’t even a fringe top 50 team right now.

3. bigblue2284
    2:34 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

Great stuff from Cal, avoided answering the questions about his best teams having superstars. Every successful run has an end and Cal’s is ending. Duke is now what UK was in 2009 – 2014, I just wish Cal had won more titles with all the talent. I think the fan base needs to calibrate the expectations and realize we aren’t the it program anymore and won’t be under Cal moving forward.

• bigbluebanana
      3:25 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

I won’t. Neither will other real fans. I’ll root for our boys and believe in them even if they don’t win a game. There’s a university on I-65 that could use some fans, why don’t you go cheer them on?

• bigblue2284
      3:38 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

Why don’t you give me an argument instead of the “real fan” lecture. You can’t argue anything I said so you go straight there.

4. bigblue2284
    2:36 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

Cal’s prime: 2009-2014

Cal’s decline: 2014 – current

• Underdog
      2:44 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

I’m not sure we’re in decline.

But I seriously wonder how much cheating is going on. If Cal isn’t cheating (I assume he’s not), and programs that are beating us in recruiting are cheating, then what a sad state of affairs.

It’s like trying to run a business that pays all kinds of taxes, while your globalist competition are exempt from taxes. It’s just not a fair fight.

I wonder if we get the Edwards kid if that means we’ll field a team like Bruce Pearl puts out there. A 4-guard lineup would be fast and furious and fun to watch on offense. We’ve never seen that with a Cal team. He’s always had bigs, and we ran more of an inside-out, traditional offense, albeit lots of dribble-drive slashing.

• BigolBlue
      3:19 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

Very true

• bigblue2284
      3:41 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

Cal won’t coach like Pearl, he won’t press or use zone and it’s frustrating. If you question if we are declining go look at the last three classes compared to the first three, couple that with Cal’s coaching style and we have declined.

• Aar
      7:20 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

On the other hand, Underdog, if Cal’s not cheating now and he’s not landing recruits, what was he doing in the past?

I don’t believe he ever did anything nefarious, especially not at UK (yeah, prolly have big blue blinders, so what). When results change, the necessary question is “why”. Most likely the culture has changed but extraneous reasons can exist in all directions.

Also, with the exception of landing a top 5 recruit each season, how much has really changed since 2014?