LIVE: John Calipari press conference

John Calipari is about to address reporters about tomorrow’s game vs. Missouri and, one would imagine, Yahoo Sports’ report from this morning alleging three former/current Kentucky players met with or accepted money from ASM Sports. Tune in below courtesy of KyWildcatsTV:

39 Comments for LIVE: John Calipari press conference

1. UKBlue1982
    2:48 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Tipton This is a media day. Not a coach day” line set at -1500

2. Ez21
    2:49 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Is it ever gonna start?

3. Kevin C
    2:55 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Nothing to see here folks….just a bunch of idiot journalists asking stupid questions they were told beforehand wouldn’t be answered.

4. Ukgrad2006
    2:56 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

why is cal so sweaty?

5. Han
    2:57 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

For anyone who can’t watch, they made a statement that they already told the media everything they know and will share more when they know more. Then the first 5 or 6 people still asked Cal about it, including if he’d talked to the team yet/is it a distraction and whether Kevin would play. He said he hasn’t seen the team yet and hasn’t thought about it, and as far as they know right now, Kevin will play. Cal mostly just repeated that he knows what the reporters know, ask him about the MIzzou game. Then they started asking questions about Porter, Diallo, etc.

• Rmhall
      3:00 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Yea. Nothing more than we already knew. Does anyone know who the guy was that was also speaking off camera telling the reporters to ask questions about the Missouri game?

• Shagaris Sock Puppet
      3:06 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

That was Dwayne Peevy. Hes director of athletics at UK lol

6. The video didn’t launch until about 1:51 CST in for me, so I don’t know if it started late or if there was too much traffic. I caught the tail end of what Han was referring to and then Cal said “Anyone have any Missouri questions?”

7. GoBigBlue03
    3:02 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Cal was sweaty because he worked out BUT he does look nervous as if he’s about to lose his job. Makes me feel nervous about all of this.

• GoBigBlue03
      3:03 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Especially when he brought in to what seems to be an attorney with him to the press conference

• Shagaris Sock Puppet
      3:05 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

That was Dwayne Peevy lol shows how big of fans you guys are.

• catsarerunnin
      3:06 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Trolls hoping for the worst. Definitely not fans.

• JoeMoney333
      3:07 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

I missed this comment section. The amount of hilariously bad trolls and crazies here is unmatched sometimes!

• 4everUKblue
      3:08 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Guarantee you Cal is not worried about losing his job, he will leave on his own terms and that will be a sad day.

• GoBigBlue03
      3:11 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Didn’t know you had to know all of the staff members to be a fan, sounds almost stalk-ish. I definitely do not hope for the worst, all I am saying is that Cal looked nervous which makes me nervous and for him to bring him out just makes it looks bad

• Rmhall
      4:54 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Shagaris Sock Puppet, not everyone knows every single member of the staff. Especially when they tune in late and cannot see who is off camera speaking. You really struck a nerve questioning my fan status over one question, but that’s ok. I thought we were here to discuss issues and give insight and opinions, not question whether others are fans or not. I would venture to say we have cleared the air that I’m am a fan and not a troll. Let’s forget that lil remark and let the conversations move forward.

8. Shagaris Sock Puppet
    3:04 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Hey im the biggest optimist there is, but that was the first time I ever seen Cal nervous at a presser. Make of that what you will, but he looked very uncomfortable.

• Ukgrad2006
      3:07 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

He really did. Said he just got done working out but if you go back to the beginning of the video he wasn’t sweating. End of the video he was sweating bullets. This doesn’t look promising

• catsarerunnin
      3:07 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Wouldn’t you be nervous? Certainly doesn’t prove Cal knew anything but he knows the scope of this investigation.

• Booby Petrino
      3:09 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

lol well maybe if they had given him a couch and he had sweatpants on he would’ve looked more comfortable to you.

• 4everUKblue
      3:10 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

And he knows as we all do they have been out to get him for years, dating back to UMass. Look what they did to him with NO evidence linking him to either situation.

• abobicesaevior
      3:11 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

He looked fine to me.

9. marion county
    3:09 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

If Kentucky does in fact go on probation, Cal needs to go. Now I know that’s a big if, but I clearly remember 1988 like it was a year ago and all that went with that. If all these one and done kids that schools around the US are recruiting want money upfront, then its time we stop recruiting one and done players. We do not need them. We survived and prospered for years without them. Kentucky basketball is much bigger than any coach or player.
    I only hope and pray that this is somehow wrong information. But saying you didn’t know, doesn’t get it. Rick says he didn’t know at Louisville and we have made fun of him for 3 years now.It can not be OK for Cal to say the same. UK Basketball does not need this and we are better. Clean house if we go on probation. You do not get paid 8 million for the hell of it.

• 4everUKblue
      3:12 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Survived is the key word, we were not relevant for years. Yes lets go back to 4 year players like under Tubby….That was exciting wasn’t it?

10. nicky
    3:10 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Thanks for posting Tyler!

11. snoopjdawg
    3:11 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

I would never fire Calipari. I don’t care what happens. Why doesn’t the FBI start working on things that adversely affect lives. Our federal tax dollars fund the bureau and I bet 99% of the population would like to see them taking a group down that matters

12. 502CodeRed
    3:22 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

LOL

I don’t know why I keep on believing you need me
    When you’ve proved so many times that it ain’t true
    And I can’t find one good reason for staying
    Maybe by leaving would be the best for you
    But these rose colored glasses
    That I’m looking through
    Show only the beauty
    ‘Cause they hide all the truth
    And they let me hold on to the good times, good lines
    The ones I used to hear when I held you
    And they keep me from feeling so cheated, defeated
    When reflections in your eyes show me a fool
    These rose colored glasses
    That I’m looking through
    Show only the beauty
    ‘Cause they hide all the truth

• 4everUKblue
      3:33 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Probably got that memorized since you speak from experience. LMAO! And rose is your color after all .

• catsarerunnin
      3:35 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

He’s still has the BannerDown Blues.

• Booby Petrino
      3:47 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

it’s sad for you that you’ve waited for 9 years and this is all you have. Hilarious over here! Still mad about your banner coming down huh? I’ll keep repeating this as many times as you keep repeating your song, lilcode.

13. Rmhall
    3:41 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Dont think anyone can question my fan status based on my not knowing who Peevy was. As a matter of fact I only caught the tail end of the conference and didnt see him until I went back and watched a replay..Thanks

14. Rmhall
    4:07 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Oh and Peevy is DEPUTY Director of UK Athletics He is NOT Mitch Barnhardt!!!. Get your shit straight before you start taking jabs at people, accusing them of being trolls, and questioning their loyalty as a fan. I am 45 years old, and I have better things to do than TROLL anybody!! At the end of the day, I have probably been a Cats fan longer than you have been alive.

• ukcamel
      4:19 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Troll or not, you are getting really worked up for no good reason. At your age, you need less stress and anxiety in your life. I’d suggest yoga and maybe a glass of Bourbon.

• Rmhall
      4:42 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Ukcamel….wiser words have not been spoken. You are correct. I do apologize to all for getting that worked up. A strong glass of bourbon is com8ng soon.

• Rmhall
      4:46 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Can’t swing the yoga though. Lol. I have been a fan since I was a lil kid getting to change the channel for pops and getting threatened with a butt whipping if I so much as spoke during a game. So yea, I do take it a lil personal when that’s questioned, but hey, to each his own. Go Big Blue.

15. UKfan4TwoDecades
    4:21 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

NCAA “investigated” North Carolina like the FBI did Hillary Clinton (not under oath, giving immunity to everyone close to Hillary, allowing Hillary to have her own attorney present who was also a person of interest, and of course there were NO notes taken NO having Hillary sign statements under oath and NO transcriber and the lead investigator had to resign due to his conflict of interest – his wife received $ 700,000.00 from Hillary/DNC – and his emails/texts clearly show the investigation was a farce).
    3,000 students at NC benefited from a fake class and received everything from A pluses to A’s to B pluses) and many were student-athletes and yet the NCAA did nothing of consequence to NC. Truly sickening to yet again seeing those in positions of power/influence/monetary means like Duke and NC never are held to the standards of every other team in the NCAA.
    With all the top recruits Duke has had the only thing they found was that some player may have had a meal. Pathetic.
    Now sadly UK fans are having to deal with this having UK, players, one of our best current players Kevin Knox, being part of an investigation that IF are unsubstantiated will no doubt cause UK great harm. There is a reason why the FBI has an over 98% conviction rate as they go after relatives, friends, girlfriends, etc. and threaten to make them a part of the investigation unless they turn.
    The media has been waiting for years to put the screws to Cal and UK. The FBI has unlimited means. And as many of the documents have proven many people in the highest positions at the FBI were biased for Hillary and something tells me that the FBI/NCAA wants to nab a high profile team/coach and UK/Coach Cal surely meet/exceed these criteria. I have a feeling, as history has shown, they will not relent.
    I hope that UK, Coach Cal, etc. hire the BEST law firms in the nation and vigorously defend themselves. If not then bad things will surely follow.
    Here’s hoping UK closes out the regular season, SEC tourney, with improvement in every aspect and momentum going into the NCAA tournament.

• rabblerabblerabble
      4:52 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Ugh, people like you are the worst.

• catsarerunnin
      5:23 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Oh no it’s the HRC/Cal conspiracy. At least Cal won the big one once.

16. UKfan4TwoDecades
    4:25 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

*** grammar error should have said “IF are substantiated” and not “unsubstantiated”. Come on Grammarly!