John Calipari’s podcasting career is off to a blazing start. In the premier episode of Cal Cast, Kentucky’s head coach speaks with Charles Barkley.
The podcast begins by explaining his latest endeavor and why he decided to add this to repertoire. Basically, he is the guy in the college basketball coaching equivalent of the guy in the comment section who always proclaims, “FIRST.” Calipari didn’t know what a podcast was, but he wanted to be the first college coach with a podcast.
The meat and potatoes of the podcast is a conversation between Coach Cal and Charles Barkley. A few of the best highlights:
- Sir Charles’ golf game.
- Barkley: “Me and Chuck Person came up there and smacked Bowie and Turpin.”
- Barkley provides extensive compliments for Kentucky fans.
- Cal tells Charles he’s wrong about his Rookie of the Year pick.
- Charles tell Cal he’s going to build him a new weight room for his players.
- The advice from Moses Malone that changed Charles’ life.
Listen to it all here. Subscribe and you’ll receive new episodes each Tuesday. If you’re not an iTunes person, it’s also available on SoundCloud, Google Play and Stitcher.