Listen to Mitch Barnhart’s interview with KSR

mitch-barnhart

Mitch Barnhart was a guest on this morning’s edition of Kentucky Sports Radio radio to talk about Kentucky’s tournament seed and to provide some insight into the seeding process as a member of the committee.

Barnhart explained how Kentucky ended up in its position and what it is was like to work behind the scenes as the bracket was built. When asked if Kentucky got a fair draw, Mitch said, “Yeah, I think we did,” and then went on to talk about the S-curve method versus the current principles in placing teams.

“Is the South weighted heavily? Yeah, there is at the top,” he added.

Barnhart’s interview begins around the 22:30 mark in the embedded audio below:

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for Listen to Mitch Barnhart’s interview with KSR

1. mj7juice
    2:06 pm March 13, 2017 Permalink

What an idiot

2. henderblue
    2:36 pm March 13, 2017 Permalink

Playing in Indy and Memphis gives us a solid fan base and that helps to make it a little fairer.

3. ClutchCargo
    2:40 pm March 13, 2017 Permalink

Does Mitch even watch basketball? I’m really starting to wonder.

• Fake Donald Trump
      3:41 pm March 13, 2017 Permalink

I’m not even sure he watches football. The football team has been a disaster more often than not on his watch.

But seriously, he was in the room and didn’t do much to help his school’s cause for the draw. The locations are nice but couldn’t try to talk them into switch UCLA/Oregon at the 3 at the very least? I’m not scared of Wichita State or Dayton. It’s been pointed out to death about the Shockers having some weakness happening with their schedule.

• 4everblue
      3:49 pm March 13, 2017 Permalink

Well he is the one who hired Billy G without even calling Cal….that was a wasted two yrs.

• Fake Donald Trump
      3:56 pm March 13, 2017 Permalink

I’m still trying to forget the Billy Clyde tenure.

4. Catlogic15
    3:20 pm March 13, 2017 Permalink

In listening to him, I’m never comfortable that he truly has UK in his best interest. Just the money part, win or lose be damned.

5. ClutchCargo
    3:44 pm March 13, 2017 Permalink

I listened to it and couldn’t stop shaking my head at how he just seemed to be in wide-eyed wonderment that he was being allowed to sit in with the big boys on the selection committee. I’ve never been impressed with this guy, even less so now.

6. BigBlueWest
    4:12 pm March 13, 2017 Permalink

i thank him for at least coming on, he didn’t have to do that. I get all the pc talk he did, it would have been nice to have at least little “fan speak” come out of him when he talked to Matt. The ways things pan out it almost felt like he erred on the side of making things little harder then easier on us so it didn’t seem he took advantage of the position he had, so begs the question why even do it. That or he is trying to get a job somewhere in the ncaa and best way to do that is to step on UK.

7. bluetide
    4:22 pm March 13, 2017 Permalink

I can only hope he was playing the long game and afraid of getting kicked off and losing any future influence if he threw the committee under the bus.

8. Rod Crandler
    4:22 pm March 13, 2017 Permalink

Compare this to what Jurich would have tried to do for UofL if he were on the committee. He would have been buying hookers for everyone for a better draw.

9. nicky
    4:56 pm March 13, 2017 Permalink

Having had to witness MB during the time my daughter was being recruited….he fired the coach right after our visit and the coach went to a different school and built a great team

10. kampus korner
    7:42 pm March 13, 2017 Permalink

I would never want Mitch Barnhart advocating anything for me. After listening to his “mamby pamby” justification for Kentucky’s seeding, it is clear to me that he is more concerned with not making waves with his fellow committee members and its staff than he is fighting for his UK constant poor placement in the NCAA tournament.

Much of Mitch’s interview on KSR this morning was devoted to his sycophantic praise of his fellow committee members and its staff. He waxed on ad nauseum about the “integrity of the the members” and the “process”. Hey Mitch! Wake the F up! During your tenure and long before it, UK has constantly been placed in much tougher brackets than Duke and North Carolina with similar credentials. In doubt? Go back and check the last 20 years of NCAA placement and compare NC, Duke and UK. I will take Duke and NC’s bracket placement every time.

If I am John Calipari, I’m thinking, I’ve gots a total “wuss” as an athletic director. Damn Dude, go get some shots of testosterone and grow a pair! The school that writes your checks needs an advocate not a wimp.