Listen to Dino Gaudio rave about the Wildcats

So you heard Jon Rothstein’s report from UK basketball practice and you’re still a little skeptical of his high praise and higher expectations. No worries. Today we followed up with Dino Gaudio of ESPN, who is equally impressed by what he witnessed in the Joe Craft Center.

Gaudio was a guest on Kentucky Sports Radio radio this morning and he said he believes Kentucky is as talented of a team as he has seen in the last decade. And just think, he is seeing them now, in July, without Willie Cauley-Stein and Trey Lyles.

Gaudio also said, with a drastically improved set of twins and an improved Dakari Johnson inside, the Cats will run the table in the SEC this upcoming season. He loves Tyler Ulis and Devin Booker, too.

Hear for yourself:

Or listen to the entire show from Maysville:

Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for Listen to Dino Gaudio rave about the Wildcats

1. Bradley
    1:32 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

He never said it’s the best team he’s seen in 10 years. It’s whatever though.

• Uhh...
      2:28 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

It doesn’t say that in the article either. It says “talented”, and that is what Dino said. It’s whatever though.

2. lexslamman
    1:36 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

40 and…. no. Stop it. The hype is already infectious.

3. gordonm
    1:41 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

Surprised the CDC hasn’t sent a warning about the BBN spreading in the most unlikely of places.

• Ridge Runner
      1:43 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

I hear ya….

4. Ridge Runner
    1:42 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

psssssstttt… weeze gonna be very good this year!

5. M
    1:57 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

What do we hear more?

1) National Media saying UK is going to be undefeated either in conference or total

2) Kentucky fans and KSR saying UK will go undefeated

3) People telling other’s to stop the 40-0 talk

Personally I see a lot more “Stop the undefeated talk” from UK fans, than I actually hear people saying it. I hear some trolls bring it up, but I don’t see a lot of UK fans saying it. I’m sure there’s a small %, but the amount of people telling other’s to stop with the undefeated talk seems like the answer for me.

Based on this, I’d say that those telling other’s to stop with the talk have helped perpetuate the hype.

6. gordonm
    2:08 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

BBN is gonna need a BIGGER bandwagon.

7. Wes
    7:53 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

We went over the salary cap this year. I love prepaid debit cards.

• Wow
      9:09 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

Gosh, what an original and unique post. Are you, like in the entertainment field? Your post is beyond brilliant. Gee, we can only hope you bring your unique talents to this forum often.