Lindy’s Sports College Basketball Preview Magazine ranks the Cats…2nd

lindys

It’s not even September, but the college basketball preview magazines are already rolling out. Last week, we showed you the awesome Athlon Sports cover featuring Alex Poythress and Willie Cauley-Stein, and now, Lindy’s Sports Preseason Magazine is out, with the regional cover pictured above, and a somewhat puzzling top ten:

1. Michigan State

2. Kentucky

3. Duke

4. Kansas

5. North Carolina

6. Ohio State

7. Louisville

8. Florida

9. Oklahoma State

10. Michigan

I know preseason rankings mean absolutely nothing, but really? Clearly Lindy’s favors old school experience over young talent. The Sporting News also released their preseason top ten, which I think you’ll like a little more:

1. Kentucky

2. Michigan State

3. Louisville

4. Duke

5. Arizona

6. Kansas

7. Michigan

8. Syracuse

9. North Carolina

10. Oklahoma State

That’s better.

8 Comments for Lindy’s Sports College Basketball Preview Magazine ranks the Cats…2nd

1. UK BABY ALL THE WAY
    11:06 am August 27, 2013 Permalink

Hate me or not I like Lindy’s because how far he has Louisville

2. Yep
    11:08 am August 27, 2013 Permalink

And this is how you gain free publicity…

3. bigabes4uk
    12:03 pm August 27, 2013 Permalink

Lindy’s has always been garbage…every single year they slight us on these pre-season polls. Will NEVER EVER buy one of their publications…EVER

4. Mrs. Henry Moon
    12:21 pm August 27, 2013 Permalink

Big Abe, you can throw up in my house any ol’ time!

5. Uncle
    1:02 pm August 27, 2013 Permalink

Mag might as well be called Linsey’s instead, that top 10 looks like it was done by my 6 year old niece.

6. Biglaw Dawgin'
    1:16 pm August 27, 2013 Permalink

The #1 or #2 ranking doesn’t matter. We’re going to find out who is the best between those schools VERY early in the season. As in, less than 1 week after the season tips off.

7. Seriously
    1:32 pm August 27, 2013 Permalink

Ok I am as diehard of a fan as they come but why do we always feel sleighted unless EVERYONE says we’re the best…honestly, UK probably will not be the best team in the nation when the season kicks off so it’s not that crazy of a ranking..now by the end of the year UK will be the best after getting more experience and gelling but would it really be that shocking if they lost to msu in november? Even the 2012 team may not have been the nations best during that first month, it takes some time. I’m not opposed to the post but why the f should we be all upset that we’re number 2 in PRESEASON

8. Biglaw Dawgin'
    2:29 pm August 27, 2013 Permalink

7 – I agree with your last statement. I’d rather start out as #10 or so, just so the pressure is not on this young group as much.