Leftovers from Last Night: Kentucky beats down Arkansas

Last night’s win over Arkansas was huge for many reasons. Kentucky recovered from a bad start to not only beat the Razorbacks, but beat them down in what may have been the Cats’ most impressive performance this season. It was so fun we’re going to roll around in the leftovers a little bit longer. Here are some things you might have missed.

Arkansas fans liked that compliment John Calipari gave them so much they put it on signs:

I’ll be honest, I don’t really understand this. Let’s get under Calipari’s skin by holding up signs with a nice thing he said about Bud Walton Arena on them? Whatever.

This sign was much more effective:

Can we get some of those for Rupp?

Did you spot the golden statues behind the basket?

This is also odd and I’m not sure how much it would distract a foul shooter, but I applaud their creativity.

At one point, Sean Farnham and Mike Anderson played with dolls:

ESPN’s tried a lot of weird segments this season and this was definitely one of them. I’ve never missed Jimmy’s Jet more.

PJ’s stank face flex walk may be my favorite thing this season

Despite his own struggles, it was good to see Hami cheering PJ on from the bench:

Poor Sacha Killeya-Jones.

Thankfully, Arkansas didn’t win or this would have gone viral.

Cal was all sorts of disheveled at halftime

That’s a man who is coaching his tail off. My gosh. Cal looks like he just wrapped up a bender in Havana.

This didn’t result in points, but look at that ball movement!

Gorgeous.

It was great to see Kevin Knox showing emotion

Don’t blink or you’ll miss Mike Anderson in the handshake line!

Man, he hates Cal.

[mobile_ad]

10 Comments for Leftovers from Last Night: Kentucky beats down Arkansas

1. runningunnin.454
    1:14 pm February 21, 2018 Permalink

People in the 2nd picture needed a new sign…We Didn’t Expect to Lose.
    Old people make noise…are they talking about flatulence?
    Those gold statues are the dumbest things I’ve seen…only in Arkingsaw.
    Don’t tug on Superman’s cape…Don’t get in PJ’ face when he’s flexing.
    Mike Anderson is a worm.

• UK Big Board Update
      1:49 pm February 21, 2018 Permalink

Arkansas and West Virginia are neck and neck as the two worst states in the country.

2. Mathlete
    1:26 pm February 21, 2018 Permalink

PJ’s flex walk looks like what would happen if Popeye just threw down a 55gal drum of spinach

3. az1006
    2:52 pm February 21, 2018 Permalink

Mike Anderson is probably my least-favorite coach in America. I didn’t like him before, but after the antics of his team in the SEC Tournament last year, I lost any shred of respect for him. He can hate Cal all he wants, but it’s simply because he can’t seem to beat him. Oh, and Malik Monk.

4. That nerd in the pic up top is just glad that the sign got him close to Laura Rutledge…and I can’t blame him. 🙂

5. BigBlueNationDude
    4:18 pm February 21, 2018 Permalink

Kinda looks like PJ is constipated and pushing out a much needes turd.

6. sincitycat
    4:21 pm February 21, 2018 Permalink

And Coach Cal also took Archie Goodwin to Lexington.

7. Alleykat16
    5:34 pm February 21, 2018 Permalink

I’m going to say this Mike Anderson’s hate for Cal will not ever let him beat a Cal coached team because he lets his emotions get in the way of his coaching just a thought

8. somerset bill
    5:35 pm February 21, 2018 Permalink

i laugh at that pj gif every time i look at it. we need to figure out how to get more use out of that stank face. need to stop the other team’s run…? boom, pj stank face. shakes them up a little. need to put pressure on a hot shooter? stank… clank. need to answer a reporter’s question about mike anderson’s sportsmanship after a loss? stank face would be ‘nuf said.

9. somerset bill
    6:06 pm February 21, 2018 Permalink

i just noticed in the hami gif that brad isn’t wearing warm-ups like jonny and dillon, but it isn’t the uniform either.