Leave Brad Calipari alone

@phillipshoops

Brad Calipari has become a fashion icon on Kentucky’s bench.

And of course, the Big Blue Nation isn’t happy about it. There has been a lot of grumblings among our fanbase about what Brad wears on the bench.

He has something to tell you.

I couldn’t agree more.

Who cares that he doesn’t wear Kentucky gear on the bench? Does it make him a bad person? No. Does it make him less likely to cheer on his teammates? No. Does hurt our chances of winning the game? No. So, leave him alone.

Brad even took time before the game, in his non-UK outfit, to sign autographs for fans in Florida.

I now look forward to each game for another reason, to see Brad’s outfit.

But my only question is, where did he get that jacket? Because I need it. Brad, if you’re reading this, let me know.

Article written by Kindsey Bernhard

Lover of dogs, sports and beer. @kindseybernhard

72 Comments for Leave Brad Calipari alone

1. CatsfaninFL
    11:03 am February 3, 2019 Permalink

Snowflake fans

2. ukwildcat1991
    11:12 am February 3, 2019 Permalink

I say if you dress like brad dresses then you’re asking for attention. If he doesn’t care then by all means do your thing. Personally o really don’t give a rats @ss about what he where’s or what people say about him. I care if we are winning or not.

• The Big Lebowski
      12:19 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

I know quite a few fashionistas who love to dress stylish, outlandish, loudly, etc yet are near horrified by the attention it brings them. Tattoos are much the same.

I had a guy tell me once that I was dying to tell him about my tats because that is why people got tats. Many shallow people think the world is all about them. They lack imagination and project their own securities on the world in the mindless belief that everyone in the world should live by their stale life ideologies.

No. People who dress differently aren’t just looking for attention. May people do it for themselves and have the confidence to be who they wish to be.

Some folks are cowards who like to blend in because they’re scared people will come to understand that they’re simple, half literate nonces who can’t tell the difference between WHERE and WEAR.

• bigbluebanana
      5:39 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Lebowski…very well said. I walk around with long, nappy hair, a beard, tie-dyed t-shirts, and cargo pants. I wear shoes only if it’s absolutely necessary, lol. I am not a fashionista, nor do I try to be. I just do me. But…I have great respect for anyone who just does what they like, whether I like it or not is irrelevant. I’ve said it before on here, but I’m not a goalie. I’m here to either help and support you, or get out of your way…as long as you’re not hurting anybody, we are good. (Statement does not apply to bigolblue, mashfan, or the amalgamation of their like. I’ll always speak out to those who only look to bash others).

• Rod Crandler
      5:00 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Wow, didn’t realize how many fashion conscience metro sexuals we have in our fan base who are so concerned or even notice what a teenager is wearing on the bench.

3. 4everUKblue
    11:18 am February 3, 2019 Permalink

Good for you Brad! It’s not your job to dress to please anyone but you. You be you.

• Ridge Runner
      1:24 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Amen brother.

• unbridled
      2:31 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

I don’t care what he wears….but three questions

1.) he knows he looks ridiculous right?
      2.) did he lose a bet?
      3.) is he a master Jedi troll and just clowning on us with his teammates?

• J. Did
      4:39 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Here is the deal.

CAL and Ellen permit this.

Which is good – because it’s on him.

In time, he will look back on his ‘HaberDouchery’ and say, precisely what many dude’s with real or fake braids in basketball and/or football will say to themselves ….in time: WTF was I thinking?

• JASUN74
      5:46 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Amen J.Did!!

• unbridled
      11:36 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Jdid that’s hysterical and likely true….but the cynic in me says he HAS to be messing with people.

• unbridled
      11:38 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

There are zero excuses for his wardrobe lately.

4. addyjaxlarkin
    11:23 am February 3, 2019 Permalink

What he wears is his own business doesn’t affect me I’m just wondering……
    Was the jacket earned or given? Or maybe half was earned and half was given. ?

5. clarks
    11:28 am February 3, 2019 Permalink

They just jealous

• J. Did
      4:40 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Love your clogs, bro. Keep making them.

6. BluejayK
    11:36 am February 3, 2019 Permalink

I think he’s fishing for attention honestly. Those who want to blend in, they do.

• Kindsey Bernhard
      1:10 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

So are you saying ever NBA player is fishing for attention before each game? Look at what they wear.

• peaches76
      1:19 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Of course they are.

• BluejayK
      2:05 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Um.. yea.. don’t you see the camera follow them from the parking lot to the locker room? If they didn’t care they would wear jeans and a hoodie. Don’t believe, see what Tom Brady wears tonight as he strolls into the building with cameras shoved in his face. Bet you ain’t Patriots fear.

• J. Did
      4:55 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Most of his teammates are saying: We gotta get you a woman…….

• JASUN74
      5:48 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Ummmm. Yes Kindsey, of course they are!! Is they even a serious question or are you just being sarcastic?

7. bwise
    11:45 am February 3, 2019 Permalink

Bunch of hero’s on this site lol you’re gonna have trolls regardless of what ksr says.

• J. Did
      4:55 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

is the b in bwise short for Brad?

8. RealCatsFan
    12:01 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

I sometimes wonder if Brad ever has any regrets about that tattoo on his chest. Most all of us have done something goofy in our youth, so yeah we should probably not give Brad a break as BBN goes. However, with the nature of social media, it’s going to be tough for him to avoid it.

9. The Big Lebowski
    12:08 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Is he on the team?

He’s Redshirting, yes?

What do regular, no-coaches sons wear when they are redshirting? I’m sure there is a rule about it.

• BBNDan7
      2:48 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

There’s no rule on what you have to wear on the bench lmao

• J. Did
      4:51 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Dude, abide.

10. UKLugo
    12:11 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

He cares. Or he wouldn’t feel the need to say something. He isn’t getting attention on the court so he’s seeking it on the bench. Sorry. Just calling it like I see it. He was doing the same type stuff in the Bahamas with his shorts. He’s looking for attention.

11. UKLugo
    12:13 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Be ready for more. He’s determined to be a distraction. It started in the Bahamas.

• BoogieDMC
      12:18 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

For as cool as Cal is, you’d think he’d coach his kid up a bit. He lets him come across as a real douche.

• 4everUKblue
      12:20 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Takes one to recognize one.

• ibescootch
      2:13 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

He said Cal was cool too. So which is it? Is he a douche or cool, since it takes one to know one? When you get to school tomorrow, ask your homeroom teacher to explain that logic.

• 4everUKblue
      8:13 am February 4, 2019 Permalink

cootch, when I get to school I and you show up for my class I will explain it to your dumb ass.

12. CayutsBy90
    12:20 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

You can like what he wears or not but when he dresses up like he’s in the NBA wearing a couple thousand dollar outfit that Cal bought him he’s making it about him and not supporting the team

• Kindsey Bernhard
      1:12 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

How do you know it’s a couple thousand dollar outfit? For all we know he could of shopped at TJ Maxx

• uk27ncaa
      1:37 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Or the Goodwill, salvation army etc.

• antiquefurnitureandmidgets
      3:14 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Could’ve

• J. Did
      5:00 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Looks home made.

• Take a Deep Breath Please
      10:46 am February 4, 2019 Permalink

My friend and I looked it up. Jacket is $40 at Forever 21

13. terwilliger
    12:21 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

When you wear goofy outfits (like the “night at the roxbury” one he had a couple games ago) then you can’t get butthurt when people laugh at you lol. Those outfits are cheesy when Devin Booker wears them, and he is a multi-millionaire with the game to match. Brad is a bench warming scrub with bangs. If Devin can’t even pull it off, there is no way that you can Brad, lol. It doesn’t make you look cool… it just makes you look like a douche. That said, I didn’t think last nights outfit was outrageous.

• 4everUKblue
      12:50 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

I’ll bet you never wore anything goofy in your youth and you saying that makes you look like a douche.

• ibescootch
      2:10 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

I think we all wore something goofy when we were younger, and looking back, I’m glad someone said to me, “You look like a moron.”

• J. Did
      4:54 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

When I was young, stupid and clueless……..I wore a uavel shirt.

• JASUN74
      5:57 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

My mom has a picture of me about 12 years old, I was wearing camouflaged shorts, a half shirt with tiny holes in it, lmao, and wearing some of those mirror top gun sunglasses!! Ohh, and a head band Hahahahaha. She has showed it to every girl I’ve ever brought home. Lmao. Yes I was macking hard. Hahah.

14. justaregulardude
    12:26 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

You guys are all idiots. UKLogo – Brad is not a douche. He’s a very quiet and down to earth kid. He even autographed the signs making fun of him. He dresses the same way when he’s not on tv. Old shits telling young kids how they should or shouldn’t dress. That’ll go over well.

15. UKDemarcusWall
    12:27 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Brad can wear literally anything as long as he covers up that embarrassing-for-him tattoo. I have nothing against tattoos in general, but his makes him look like he has no self-awareness whatsoever. EARNED NOT GIVEN, give me a break.

16. ukkatzfan
    12:33 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Writer, Why not just come right out and say that you have a crush ?

17. BCO
    12:37 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

I thought it was awesome. Reminded me of two face from batman. He shoulda done the pants half and half too

18. KYjellyRoll
    12:47 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Who cares? I see him becoming an assistant when he graduates anyways

• J. Did
      5:05 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Well, back in the day, when I went to school….up hill….in the snow…..with no shoes….. We ALL dressed like “AL Purnell Heeeuuuhh” ….AND WE LIKED IT…….so did Eddie Bauer and J Crew.

19. ORANGE MAN
    12:53 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

It doesn’t matter what he wears or what his reasoning is. Let him be him. The only bad thing that can come from it is if a bunch of fans start acting like its an issue and become douchebags. Save your opinions for something that matters and know when to keep your mouth shut.

20. Realme
    1:06 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

He looked really stupid in the turtleneck and chain, and he could do something more flattering with his hair, but clearly he’s not going for what 42 year old me thinks looks good. He should gain some self awareness as he grows up and eventually be able to laugh at himself and that tattoo. His mom and sisters will keep him humble.

21. StillBP
    1:35 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Of course people are going to talk about the way he dresses. They talk about checkerboards on the unis, shoes the players wear, the UK logo… You name it, BBN will critique it. Take it in stride, does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?

• antiquefurnitureandmidgets
      3:19 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

The funniest part is the number of grown ass men who become fashionistas about their favorite sports teams. Most of whom would laugh at women for doing the same.

22. ukblue22
    1:38 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

When a guy is dressing like that, I usually assume there’s a woman behind it. Either his Mom or a girlfriend has started pushing to dress like the son of the multi-millionaire he is.

Either way. The only one’s making it a thing are a few idiot trolls.

23. satcheluk
    2:16 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

If you want to criticize someone else’s fashion, then you need to post a picture of yourself to prove you have fashion sense yourself. Would I wear a turtle neck with a gold chain? Not now, but I did in 1985 and I also bought parachute pants at Chess King, lol. People don’t always wear thing to get attention. Sometimes in just makes you feel good to wear some “nice”. Of course nice is subjective and I’m sure everyone would love to make fun of all the fashion police hiding behind their keyboards.

• somerset bill
      3:13 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

I was going to say the same thing Satchel — a photo or no opinion. Also, we’ll be needing them to post their age.

Kindsey, you seem to be supportive of Brad, but you aren’t helping his cause with:
      1. “…where did he get that jacket? Because I need it.”
      2. “…Brad’s outfit.” Guys don’t wear outfits. Guys wear clothes, jackets, pants, shirts.

• J. Did
      5:10 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Dude, I got everything from Chess King in H.S.

We dressed like the DOCTORS of DUNK.

Listened to every kind of music known at the time:

Parliament and Funkadelic.

24. BluemanGreen
    3:09 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

He looks like a damn idiot. That is earned, not given.

• Irish son
      4:57 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

I’d like to see what your stupid hick ass wears everyday

25. AllBall
    4:49 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

If people focused half their attention on themselves rather than other people, the world would be a better place.

• J. Did
      5:20 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Today’s reading, brought to you by Father AllBall:

Reading 1, Jeremiah 1:4-5, 17-19
      Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 71:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 15-17
      Gospel, Luke 4:21-30
      Reading 2, First Corinthians 12:31–13:13

26. Tom Bombadil
    5:08 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

Go Brad do you brother!! Haters suck!

27. sp
    5:21 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

If it were any other player besides his own son, Cal wouldnt let them wear whatever they felt like. When people are looking for what oddball outfit Brad is going to wear it’s becoming a distraction. Very suprised Cal allows it.

28. JASUN74
    5:45 pm February 3, 2019 Permalink

You all are the ones writing about him all the time, not “the fan base”. You just said you look forward to seeing what he’s wearing, but yet,” leave him alone”. Poor little boy!!! Who cares what a kid wears but brad absolutely wants to be different than everyone else! He even wanted to roll his shorts up and now trying to dress differently than the team. He’s not stupid!! He does think about this before just putting the stuff on!!! So yes he does care what everyone thinks, And wants attention!! Soo what. It wouldn’t be a thing if you all didn’t write about it, and just because some of it’s not as positive as he wanted, well sorry kid, but you ask for attention, you’ll get it!!

29. michaelb
    12:23 am February 4, 2019 Permalink

Y’all leave Ellen’s kid alone

30. bigbluebg
    8:09 am February 4, 2019 Permalink

I’d like him to wear cats gear while he’s on the bench. I said the same thing about Jarred Vanderbilt. I don’t really care, but the reason I say that is because it takes away from the team by drawing it to oneself. Not a big deal. Plus, I think I could take brad 1-1 game to 24…call it at 6. If I win, he’s gotta wear cats gear on the bench. Lol. If he wins…he ain’t gonna win so it doesn’t matter.

BRING IT BRAD!