KSR Show Thread 2/7: LIVE from Southland Christian Church

Who’s ready for another KSR remote LIVE from Lexington?

This morning, Matt Jones and the KSR crew are live from Southland Christian Church on Richmond Road from 10 a.m. to noon. There, they will break down Kentucky’s upcoming matchup against Tennessee in Knoxville on Saturday, along with update fans on a wild day of news in the world of UK Athletics.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

55 Comments for KSR Show Thread 2/7: LIVE from Southland Christian Church

1. J-Dub421
    10:07 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Go Cats! Beat the Vols because “they low down; they dirty, they some snitches!”

2. runningunnin.454
    10:11 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Went to see WKU last night; they would have been a tough out in the tournament if they had not lost Charles Bassey to a season ending injury in their win over Arkansas.
    Last time my friend, WKU grad, and I went to see them, it snowed then, too. On the way, we saw tire tracks leaving the highway; we turned around and a woman’s car was hanging precariously over a ditch full of water. Had to bust a window to get her out. Lucky for her we saw the tracks. Thankfully, no such drama last night.

• Realme
      10:13 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

We will add emergency rescue to your status as a legend of a human. 🙂 Glad you were chose to investigate further and were able to help her out.

• runningunnin.454
      10:17 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Yep, it was a really deep ditch, and you couldn’t see the car from the road. Lucky we noticed the tracks.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:21 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Wow! Way to go man. I was in Mobile for my job a few years ago, and my family traveled with me. After I took care of business, we went to eat at Felix’s down on the Causeway. When we were curving around on the I-65/I-10 interchange, there was an 18 wheeler cab that was hanging about halfway over the right side. Rescue crews and such were already there and hopefully no one got hurt. I suppose the driver just took the curve too fast.

I read an account of a guy who stopped to help when a car had gone into water. The driver had gotten out but wasn’t able to get his grandkids out. The only reason the other guy the kids out was he had a Glock and it fires under water, so he was able to shoot the window out.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:26 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

And apparently I like the word “out”.

3. Realme
    10:11 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Our snow plow people must have been excited to get out the equipment finally. We have a little bit of snow, and they plowed our road like 17 times in the middle of the night.

• ClutchCargo
      10:19 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

I have a snow blade for my garden tractor that hasn’t been out of the shed in like two years. Might end up being at least three years at this rate. My neighborhood is out in the county, so we are low on the totem pole for getting our streets cleared. I just do my own when there is enough to mess with and I have the time.

• Realme
      10:26 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

My brother lives out in the country in Northern Michigan. They have to plow a significant stretch to go anywhere, sometimes starting as early as October. I don’t know why they want to live there, but they like it.

• Realme
      10:27 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

We are lucky to be on a corner on the main stretch in our neighborhood. They don’t plow the whole neighborhood, but they do just that part pretty reliably.

• ClutchCargo
      10:28 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

I’m afraid I would end up like Johnny in The Shining if I was snowed in for that much of the year. I’m coming around to preferring hot weather as time goes on.

• runningunnin.454
      10:30 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

It’s a nice place to visit in the summer; so is Canada; but, I don’t want any part of their winters. My sister-in-law and her family go to Montana every winter for skiing; but, I’m not into that.

• RealCatsFan
      10:39 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

I never could understand why, in places that get really cold like Minnesota and northern Michigan, they still have mosquitoes the size of sparrows in the summer.

• ClutchCargo
      10:44 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

I have been in South Dakota in the summer, and the skeeters are ravenous. And they don’t wait around til evening to start feasting. I guess they figure they have a short mosquito season to get all that biting done.

• Realme
      10:49 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Did y’all know that you can get at least partially immune to the skeeters in your area? I had a horrible episode after a Harrison Co. hayride once, and couldn’t believe how huge and awful the bites were compared to normal ones, and the internet explained it to me.

• ClutchCargo
      10:51 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

The more you know… 🙂

I guess it’s not just the UT players who are going to be eating ass down there, then.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:56 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

The Reader’s Digest once ran one of those “Whatever happened to personal responsibility?” type articles. Some lady built a house up in the mountains of Colorado, and when the first snow fell, she called the county or whoever to ask why her street wasn’t being plowed. The guy said “Didn’t you see the ‘No plowing beyond this point’ sign when you built your house?” She said “Yes, but I thought once I built up here you would do it.”

4. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:16 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Can I post this even though they’re at a church conference? After all, I don’t hate any individual, just certain sports entities. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      10:20 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

That never gets old, ha ha. Roomed with Alabama fan and UT fan in college. They really hated each other’s teams.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:23 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

I’ve posted this before, but when you all get a few minutes watch this follow up to that video. Someone interviews both the interviewer and interviewee from the original video:

5. RealCatsFan
    10:38 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Would it be totally inappropriate to call him Pete Butt, since no one can pronounce his last name? Uh Oh, maybe not!

• Realme
      10:41 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

I liked Mayor Poot, from the guys on their road trip.

• ClutchCargo
      10:45 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

It’s Booty Judge, right?

• Realme
      10:50 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha, but actually yes. Just say that, not too distinctly, and that’s how it sounds when news people say it.

• StillBP
      10:56 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

there’s a dude in my office whose last name is Butts. When I look at the office duty schedule and it just says Butts I giggle.

• Realme
      11:01 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Never understood why people with that sort of name don’t change it, BP.

• StillBP
      11:06 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

If I were to marry someone w that name I’d just be like “sorry, I’m keeping my name, you can change yours to mine if you’d like”

• Realme
      11:12 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Oh for sure.

• runningunnin.454
      11:12 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

In medieval days, if the woman came from a more wealthy and respected family, the man took her name.

• RealCatsFan
      11:13 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

My niece was married by the Reverend Firmus Dick. I kid you not!

• StillBP
      11:20 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

whoa RCF that’s crazy! I read it as Duck first, so it wasn’t as bad. When I realized what it actually was…..LOL

• RealCatsFan
      12:01 pm February 7, 2020 Permalink

Let’s just say that a lot of people had to bite their lip in church when they read that in the wedding program.

• RealCatsFan
      12:02 pm February 7, 2020 Permalink

After we were married, and Mrs RCF took my last name, her initials became A.S.S. I offered to get her a vanity license plate with her initials on it, but she turned me down. 😉

• ClutchCargo
      12:22 pm February 7, 2020 Permalink

So no monogrammed stuff for Mrs. RCF. Ha!

6. mm40
    10:43 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Ironton requested the cancellation due to illness which was included in the announcement of the cancellation of the game.

7. J-Dub421
    10:44 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

At least we get a good return on the recruiting dollars we spend. Can you imagine spending that much money and being as terrible as Indiana is?

• runningunnin.454
      10:49 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Well, again, IU is pretty good this year. They have a losing record in Big 10; but, the Big 10 is crazy this year. Some sports analyst has the conference getting 11 teams in the tournament. So if we play them in 1st or 2nd game, don’t say you weren’t warned if they beat us.

• ClutchCargo
      10:57 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

IU is slightly better they have been for several years now, and a lot like their football team. Pretty good, and will keep it close to near the end, then find a way to lose. My wife is a recovering IU fan (still a casual fan who watches their games on BTN), so I see quite a bit of them. My son just loves basketball and doesn’t understand that it’s wrong to bleed blue and still like IU.

8. Realme
    10:45 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

I was expecting some derisive interloper comments about Christians or huge churches by now.

• spincr4hire
      11:18 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Six Flags Over Jesus

• Realme
      11:27 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Yes, that classic.

• RealCatsFan
      11:28 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

That is the name that a lot of people apply to SouthEast Christian Church in Louisville. The main campus on Blankenbaker is massive, and now they have about five satellite campuses in the area. I grew up Catholic, so it’s not my speed, but our kids have friends who go there, and they often go to the services that they have for the younger folks. We are just glad that they are still interested in keeping their faith. When I was a teenager, my parents had to drag me into church. I used to have to bring the bulletin home with me to prove to them that I went. I would hand it to them and say, “OK, here’s the receipt.” 🙂

9. J-Dub421
    10:53 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Ryan is wrong. We should just stay on Daylight Saving Time. We’re on it for 8 months out of the year, and off for 5. Just stay on Daylight Saving Time.

• RealCatsFan
      10:56 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

I think there is one part of Indiana that refuses to switch to/from DST. Kind of like the land that time forgot.

• ClutchCargo
      10:59 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Screw Indiana, though. lol I actually do prefer DST. Getting dark early sucks.

10. Realme
    10:54 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

“Do you want to have to go to Rupp at 10:00?” It won’t be 10:00, moron. It will be 9:00, just the same 9:00 as summer.

11. runningunnin.454
    10:55 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

That guy was hilarious; give him the tickets.

12. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:27 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

I missed it. What was the story about the South Carolina signee?

• Realme
      11:28 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

He committed, didn’t sign, committed again (a second full ceremony) and then still didn’t send his LOI, except Matt was wrong and he actually did this time.

• runningunnin.454
      11:31 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

He verbally committed to them twice; first time, he didn’t send in the paperwork; he reopened his recruitment the 1st time, then committed to them again, and Matt thought he still had not sent in the paperwork…but he did.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:44 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Is he related to Jarren Williams?

13. J-Dub421
    11:30 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

A kid had 2 public ceremonies where he committed to South Carolina, then kept not signing with them. He finally sent in his LOI today though.

14. runningunnin.454
    11:45 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

UL had off games against Georgia Tech, Boston College, and Wake Forest. No way they’re the best team in the country.

• RealCatsFan
      11:59 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

ACCheat conference is so bad this year that it’s hard to gauge them.