KSR Show Thread 11/6: UK Basketball Fall Preview

Who’s ready to talk basketball?

This morning, Matt Jones, Ryan Lemond, Drew Franklin and Shannon the Dude are set to host KSR’s annual UK Basketball Fall Preview show from 10 a.m. to noon.

Today, the KSR crew will break down everything you need to know about Kentucky’s 2020-21 roster, along with several other news tidbits:

• Who are the early standouts on the roster?
  • How good can this team be?
  • Attendance at Rupp Arena and Memorial Coliseum

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

69 Comments for KSR Show Thread 11/6: UK Basketball Fall Preview

1. ClutchCargo
    10:13 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Where everybody at?

10:16 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Behind the at.

10:18 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Uhhnnhhhgggghhhhhhhhhhh

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

10:20 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Why Matt so screechy?

10:23 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Rm, don’t tell us you’re just now noticing that!

10:24 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Trying to sleep on my feet like a horse and he keeps waking me up.

• RealCatsFan
      10:29 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Do horses really sleep like that? I thought that was a legend, like cow tipping. 😉

• ClutchCargo
      10:29 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

I think he must have had a double shot of espresso right before the show.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:15 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Yep, Ryan looks a little bit like Arthur Bremer.

• ClutchCargo
      10:18 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Biden involved in a creepy photo of someone standing behind someone else. Who would have guessed he would be the one in front? 😛

10:20 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

BTW, the Secret Service was once under the Department of the Treasury; now it is under the Dept of Homeland Security.

10:42 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

So, what is the Presidential record for gaffes? I think it may be in danger. (As long as you don’t count twitter).

10:50 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Never understood why people who hate the mean orange guy read all his tweets to get upset. It’s so easy to mute. I was looking at my muted accounts last night, because once the election is settled I can probably unmute some sports friends, and the highlights were every politician and Joe Lunardi, lol.

3. Realme
    10:29 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

What? Matt’s gonna hype up the team before the season starts?

10:35 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Sooo, Matt thinks the 2015 team without Poythress was better than the 2012 team? Hmmm.

• ClutchCargo
      10:36 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

It has taken my entire life up to sometime this year, but I’m finally done believing pre-season hype for any of my favorite sports teams.

10:39 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Same Clutch. I believe we are stacked with talent, but that is not enough to predict a special season. Again.

10:41 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Pretty sure I just got moderated for calling a certain team s t u p i d for beating us in 2015 when trying to reply to RG.

10:44 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

I am convinced that the 2015 team would have won the title, had Poythress not been hurt. Alas.

• ClutchCargo
      10:48 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Should have won it even without him. If even one of a few things had gone our way vs Wisconsin, it surely would have happened.

10:59 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

You mean when Cal tried to kill the clock with five minutes left, and a four point lead?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:18 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

You are correct on all points RG. His clock killing kills me. Similar to Stoops at the end of first halfs.

• ClutchCargo
      11:31 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

That and shot clock violation that wasn’t called, not getting the ball to KAT enough, etc. A lot of it was self-inflicted.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:40 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

The still image of that shot clock violation is burned in my brain man. The ball not even being close to leaving his hand yet and the clock at zero and/or the light is red.

11:43 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

I will be on my deathbed complaining about that game. Not over it 1%.

4. Laker Cat 18
    10:42 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

These guys are really, really building up our basketball team for this season. Very similar to how they did the football team heading into Auburn.

10:44 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Matt does this every year. He just denies that he did it for the teams that weren’t that good. As others have pointed out, firing up KSR nation about an upcoming season is good for the bottom line.

10:49 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Have to admit I’m fired up about this team; just hope we get to play the games.

• ClutchCargo
      10:53 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

I’m trying to not have expectations, but I’m definitely optimistic about this team. We just have to hope the freshmen are as good as advertised.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:17 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

The other day, someone commented on our new commit (I forget his name…don’t @ me) that has the 7 foot long arms. The player was standing beside Jai. Anyway, one comment was “He’s awfully skinny” or some such. Someone replied “Yeah, Jai needs to hit the weights”. I’m sorry but that made me lol.

5. runningunnin.454
    10:50 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Matt is not a Beatles guy; why does that not surprise me?

• ClutchCargo
      10:56 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Mod bot is just savage today. Sheesh.

11:04 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Did you have the audacity to dispute Matt being a connoisseur of music?

• ClutchCargo
      11:21 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

No, I was actually trying to give him a little credit for not acting like everyone else in the world agrees with him.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:34 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

You mean he didn’t actually say “Who listens to The Beatles???” like he’s done with so many other popular shows, bands, etc.?

6. RealCatsFan
    11:01 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Soooo… Didn’t the people selling the boner medicine on the radio warn us that an election lasting more than four days should be considered an emergency? 😉

11:05 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

See if the tiny headphones help.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:15 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Florida 2000 lasted like 30 days. Hmmm…

11:20 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Word of advice, never, ever, never say “tiny”.

11:21 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

*relative to normal headphones!

7. Realme
    11:08 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

SEC schedule…. Oooohhh, I wonder who we will play. 😛

8. RealCatsFan
    11:08 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

I don’t know who the crazy lady is in this video – I just dig the cat dancing to Eminem. 😀

11:13 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

She’s the Presidential spiritual adviser, did she bring out the snakes?

11:15 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Praying for God to make your politician win is like praying for your sports team to win. It’s like you’re too self centered to remember that God loves the other team equally.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:21 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Well, Trump believes in protecting religious freedoms whereas many on the other side do not. However, I don’t know much about her, except…

Do you guys not know who her husband is? She’s married to…

Jonathan Cain of Journey.

• RealCatsFan
      11:30 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Didn’t mean for it to turn into something political, but I guess I should have known better. The religious freedoms issue is a thorny one – on the one hand our nation was indeed founded by people who were largely Christian, and our currency certainly does say “In God We Trust”, but on the other hand our constitution guarantees freedom of religion – all religion, including the right to not worship. And a key part of it is separation of church and state. So I certainly don’t think that prayer of any kind should be disallowed, but it should not be required either. I’m a Christian, but I certainly appreciate the right of Americans who were raised differently than me to worship in whatever creed they choose.

• RealCatsFan
      11:31 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

cg, I just read that about her. Interesting. Like I said, I didn’t know anything about her, but I thought the meme of her chanting with the music and the dancing cat was pretty funny.

• ClutchCargo
      11:34 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Shouldn’t she be doing a rendition of “Don’t Stop Believing”? 🙂

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:35 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

It is funny! I had never seen that.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:37 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

RCF, yes we have freedom of religion, but Obama was forcing pro-life people/organizations to fund things they had moral problems with, even nuns. That’s not freedom of religion. Just my 2 cents.

• RealCatsFan
      11:43 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

I get your point cg, and I actually don’t disagree.

9. Realme
    11:13 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

I’m about to say something crazy. I do not have a fever.

I gotta give Ky Joe credit. He’s a terrible singer, but when only given a few minutes, he is kind of okay at writing funny lyrics.

11:15 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Oh dear, sorry for summoning him.

11:18 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Did you say his name three times? Say “home” three times to escape.

• ClutchCargo
      11:35 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

I’ll admit yesterday’s song was actually pretty funny and entertaining. Part of that had to do that it was about UT Big Hair. I like that guy as a guest.

10. Realme
    11:20 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

This week on the football podcast, Nick and Drew complained about videos auto playing on the ESPN site. Without irony.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:22 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Autoplay is so irritating, especially when you scroll down on the page and it jumps to “pic in pic” and keeps playing when you didn’t realize it had started in the first place.

11. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:24 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

BTW, I’m sorry again I was so salty yesterday. I’m a little better today. Part of it was some work stuff getting to me a little bit, but also the election, and hear me out on this.

You all may remember that I work for a private university that is also my “alma tomater” as some like to say it. Well, if Biden wins, the “free college for all” will probably kill my employer/alma mater and I’ll be looking for work. That’s not a good feeling. I’m not 25 years old.

11:31 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Your “salty” is my nice, I’m sure. Don’t worry, we still have checks, balances, and ineffective morons at every level. Nothing major will change.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:31 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Free PUBLIC college for everybody that is (at least that’s what I understand). The only way that wouldn’t kill us is if the Rs could force some kind of compromise where people can get at least some of that for going to a private school. I dunno.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:32 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

I hope you’re right Realme, but I’m not convinced. If he gets in we’ll see.

• RealCatsFan
      11:33 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

If they botch the public option as some predict, people will still seek out private education. As was said above, with the level of gridlock in Washington these days, I would not worry too much about anything groundshaking to take place.

12. runningunnin.454
    11:32 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Someone has good taste in music, Joe rocks

• RealCatsFan
      11:36 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Great song – gets played at every wedding reception garter toss. 😉

13. runningunnin.454
    11:41 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

Wow, BB and FB; my kind of week.

14. RealCatsFan
    11:41 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

No football or basketball this weekend, so watch our 3rd ranked UK Volleyball Cats – Saturday and Sunday at 4PM vs Auburn. These ladies are fun to watch!

15. Realme
    11:53 am November 6, 2020 Permalink

So… She still thinks there’s a chance.