KSR Show Thread 1/21: Georgia Part Two

KSR is back this morning to talk all things Kentucky basketball and the team’s matchup against the Georgia Bulldogs this evening.

From 10 a.m. to noon, Matt Jones, Ryan Lemond, and the KSR crew will close the book on UK’s victory over Arkansas, preview the Bulldogs, and discuss House Bill 137 on sports gambling with State Representative Adam Koenig, among other topics.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

73 Comments for KSR Show Thread 1/21: Georgia Part Two

1. runningunnin.454
    10:00 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Is everyone excited? Yes, it’s coming…I’ll ask again, are you excited. Tomorrow night it’s ZION’s NBA debut. ESPN is licking themselves all over…ha ha, they canceled showing the Nuggets v Rockets game so they can show the exciting moment.
    Are you excited?

• 4everUKBlue
      10:08 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

All the hype and he’s playing his first game of the season, better watch, might also be his last game of the season at the rate he gets injured.

10:18 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

I’ll be sure to not tune in.

• ClutchCargo
      11:15 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

The Zye-on hype is sickening. Fortunately, ESPN is a fairly small player in the NBA broadcasts if you have the League Pass.

2. J-Dub421
    10:04 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

I just don’t care about Zion, and thought I was going to retch over the weekend because of all the ridiculous hype surrounding him.

• runningunnin.454
      10:07 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Awww, you goin’ to make ESPN cry.

• 4everUKBlue
      10:09 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Haven’t you heard? They changing it to ZSPN.

• runningunnin.454
      10:14 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Hah, that’s hilarious, 4ever.

• 4everUKBlue
      10:23 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Yep all Zion all day, all night.

10:26 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Psalm 2:6 β€œAs for me, I have set my King on Zion, my holy hill.”

Psalm 110:2 β€œThe Lord sends forth from Zion your mighty scepter. Rule in the midst of your enemies!”

• RealCatsFan
      10:34 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

One of my co-workers is a U-6 fan, and he was complaining about the ZSPN article about the game UL had against dook. He said the highlight video made it look like dook won, the way they were salivating all over them. Only at the very end did they say, “Oh, by the way, Louisville won”. I asked him if he was just now noticing the dook bias.

10:38 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

And didn’t the refs try to give the game to Duke? I had the game on, but was busy doing stuff.

• runningunnin.454
      10:45 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Yep, the refs always take care of Dook. And ESPN…I was watching the Saint Louis v Dayton game the other night, and ESPN showed the S Car buzzer beater THREE TIMES…while the game was on.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:12 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Eh, that story about Waylon is not entirely true. Richardson, the Big Bopper, had the flu, and Jennings willingly gave him the seat on the plane.

4. secrick
    10:16 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

4everblue, That is some funny stuff, ZSPN. I wpoldn’t doubt it.

5. secrick
    10:17 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

I wouldn’t doubt it. You know what i meant.

6. Rod Crandler
    10:24 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Best show ever!

7. runningunnin.454
    10:26 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Tonight is a big game; we can’t lose at home to a 1-3 conference team, especially with all the road games coming up.

10:27 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

If we hadn’t stunk it up against SC we would probably be at least top 8 and moving into at least a 2 seed it we stayed there.

• secrick
      10:31 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

We got this. Brooks and Whitney will have big games tonight.

10:37 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

I think you meant Brooks & Juzang. Now, if Whitney has a big game that would be awesome, not just for us as fans but for him personally.

8. Realme
    10:27 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

What is Matt even talking about?

• runningunnin.454
      10:32 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Don’t know; but, I’m hearing the Allman’s Ramblin’ Man in the background.

10:36 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

I did catch the part where he gave his book to a stranger who did not know what he was handing to him or why. Hope ha has it backed up.

10:36 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

I’ve been rollin’ down Highway 41 many times, but I was not born in the back seat of a Greyhound bus.

• RealCatsFan
      10:39 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

That is one of my all time favorite Allman Brothers tunes, although it gets played too much on the radio.

10:41 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

I’ve never understood how a band can have a million albums, and radio plays like 2 songs over and over for decades.

• 4everUKBlue
      10:44 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

I keep hearing Allman Bros “Whipping Post” when I read the comment section with all the negative commenters.

• 4everUKBlue
      10:45 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Sometimes I feel
      Like I’ve been tied
      To the whipping post
      Tied to the whipping post
      Tied to the whipping post
      Good lord I feel like I’m dyin’

10:51 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

I love “Ramblin’ Man”, but I REALLY love “Midnight Rider”.

10:52 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

People down in Georgia come from near and far
      To hear Richard Betts pickin’ on that red guitar

• RealCatsFan
      10:53 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Realme, it’s because nowadays radio stations are all owned by corporations and middle aged dudes in suits make all the decisions on what gets played based on bullshit formulas. It’s all automated. No human element anymore, and that is sad.

• RealCatsFan
      10:55 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

“Ain’t Wastin’ Time No More” is maybe my favorite. But “Melissa” is right up there too. That greatest hits CD always goes in when I go on a road trip, especially when I’m heading “Southbound”.

10:58 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Case in point RCF is iHeart taking away our Sunday Morning Sports Talk!

• 4everUKBlue
      10:58 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

I love Melissa, Midnight Rider was by Gregg Allman off his first solo Album “Laid Back”. My favorite off that one is “Queen of Hearts”

• runningunnin.454
      11:01 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

The Allmans were supposed to be at UK in ’71, and then Skydog was killed in the bike crash. I was devastated.

• 4everUKBlue
      11:11 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

And one year later Duane was killed in a motorcycle accident which became the inspiration for “Eat A Peach”

9. RealCatsFan
    10:37 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

My kids were always in around the 10th to 20th percentage on height. And they went and decided to play a tall person’s sport.

10. RealCatsFan
    10:38 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Matt talking about children is kind of hilarious to me. What would be even more hilarious would be to see him get thrust into parenthood – aka, surprise! Nah, I take that back – no child deserves that!

10:42 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Can you imagine the stories? He would change immensely but also do some really stupid things.

• runningunnin.454
      10:55 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Kid would never learn to talk; would not be able to get a goo-goo, gah gah in edgewise.

10:59 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

I mean, he did better with the cat than I would have expected. Except for the whole pouring the food into the water bowl thing.

• ClutchCargo
      11:20 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

I would definitely want to see video of him changing a diaper for the first time. Ha!

11:25 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

RG, you made me laugh again! Someone needs to tweet that to him. lol

11:26 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

How about the first time the kid says “Dad, you promised to take me to Wendy’s and didn’t come through!” πŸ˜‰

• RealCatsFan
      11:27 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Clutch, he would probably look like one of the dudes in this video. πŸ™‚

11:29 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

I now want Matt to start a family, and for it to be a reality show. This would be epic.

• ClutchCargo
      11:32 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

LMAO, RCF! I have been that guy trying not to barf, especially when they get old enough to start eating solid food.

11:38 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Please tell me his cat water bowl story. I didn’t hear the whole thing.

11:41 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

He thought he would help Rachel by feeding the cat, and poured dry food into a water bowl (the kind with a big water bottle attached), and left it there. She tweeted a photo of all the swelled up soggy cat food.

11:51 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Well, that would have been okay if it was a cat food version of Gravy Train. Is Gravy Train still out there?

• RealCatsFan
      12:32 pm January 21, 2020 Permalink

Clutch, changing diapers might be a reason why I do not like mustard or guacamole.

11. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:57 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Hey RG, I KNOW you remember the ABA. This popped up on my YouTube feed yesterday:

“1972 NBA Vs ABA All Star Game”

I didn’t remember them competing against one another before the ABA folded. I remember the ABA was first to have a 3 point shot and a dunk contest.

• runningunnin.454
      11:08 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Yep, the NBA and ABA played two games; I think the NBA won both; but, they were very close.

12. Realme
    10:57 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

People act like Ware’s injury was the worst of all time. It was super dramatic at the time, but it was a broken leg. He had it so much easier than someone with a torn ligament or tendon.

• RealCatsFan
      11:30 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Yep, but there is something dramatic about a bone sticking out of your leg. However, the recovery is much better than, say, and achilles tear.

11:33 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

He was fine, and back to causing trouble in a relatively short period of time, but people still act like he is some sort of hero for having a freak accident. I think it’s weird.

13. 4everUKBlue
    11:09 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

I was just looking on Amazon and saw they’ve just launched the Rob Gronkowski store. How long before they launch the Zion store? In the words of LBJ “Just a question for the world, cause I wanna know. Let me know.”

14. runningunnin.454
    11:16 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Lord, I was born a “Gamblin’ Man”.

15. Realme
    11:18 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

16. J-Dub421
    11:19 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Churches need to start paying taxes. They’re all nothing but lobbying groups now.

11:21 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

I don’t think that’s true at all. Certainly not in any church I’ve set foot in.

11:22 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

You sing in a church choir. Are they telling you how to vote, and lobbying politicians?

• ClutchCargo
      11:24 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Disagree. Not only are they not all lobbying groups, but where do you draw the line with all the other not for profit organizations?

11:24 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Mine isn’t. In the teachings of the New Testament, all congregations are to be autonomous, not governed by a national or worldwide organization. If my congregation became a lobbying group, I’m gone to one that is not. That doesn’t mean we can’t preach on moral issues however.

11:26 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

I definitely don’t want a portion of my giving at church to go the government to be wasted.

17. runningunnin.454
    11:38 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Tony Barbee with the Vince Lombardi quote, “If we lose, it will be because we run out of time”. I like it.

11:39 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

I thought that was a Bill Hairpiece quote.

• ClutchCargo
      11:46 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Hairpiece was just repeating an old coaches’ saying.

18. J-Dub421
    11:47 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Actually I sing in a secular semi-professional choir, not a church choir. Also, I have been in many different churches, including the one I attended growing up, and yes, they flat out are trying to tell people who to vote for. Representative Koenig just said the Southern Baptists are lobbying against sports gambling. Evangelicals absolutely lobby for Trump, and it’s from the top down.

11:49 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

And there are churches that have literally pass the plate for liberal Democrats (Jesse Jackson for one), so it’s both sides.

11:49 am January 21, 2020 Permalink

Passed…

12:22 pm January 21, 2020 Permalink

It’s unfortunate that some churches out there function that way. But set aside the non profit aspect, and the fact that many many churches are doing it the right way and shouldn’t be punished for the few that are greedy or power hungry. Even a super southern baptist, who is okay with their pastor taking sides… They are voluntarily handing over their own money, which has already been taxed, to the church, to be put to work collectively. It makes no sense to me why some people think that money should be owed to the government.