KSR caller Brandi goes all 606 in defense of UK players

We have new radio caller beef on Kentucky Sports Radio after Brandi called in to Monday’s show to defend the players against people like Walkman Man, another KSR caller.

Walkman Man recently told the show he’s too ashamed to wear his UK gear in public, specifically at Disney World, during this down season. His call caught Brandi’s ear and today she dialed up the show to tell Walkman Man and everyone else to be more supportive of the players through their struggles.

“I don’t think it’s right that when a team is down or not doing well, that you stand over the top of them and kick them,” she said. “Your fandom needs to be like a relationship with your friends and family. If your friend was going through a bad time in life and they’re down, do you stand over the top of them and say, you suck, you’re terrible, I’m ashamed of you? No! You grab them by the hand and pick them up.”

Brandi—who, yes, originates from the 606—then asked for Walkman Man’s address so she can send him a prepaid shipping label for him to mail her all of his UK gear.

Go off, Brandi.

Article written by Drew Franklin

21 Comments for KSR caller Brandi goes all 606 in defense of UK players

1. DaaaaCats
    4:32 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

Call of the season, by gawd

2. Catcasey1
    4:44 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

It ain’t about the wins or the losses it’s about the kneeling for most people that make them ashamed about this team but that’s wrong it should all lay in coach Cals lap on that

• Nokneeling
      5:03 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

Yes. Coach “Calamari” is responsible for turning the Cats into Kneel Team Six. Someone will have to deprogram those kids.

• rockyou
      5:24 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

Cal needs to apologize for allowing OUR team to disrespect OUR flag. He should be man enough to do it, but his ego is MUCH to big for that. I don’t care how many losses they’ve had all the years I supported them, I was always backing them. Now, Cal allows this kneeling BS, I no longer have any UK memorabilia, my country and fellow vets come first, bite it Cal.

• mashman 93
      6:25 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

They kneeled once and Cal said they probably should have done something else. smh

3. ballplayerstu
    5:04 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

She’s right folks. I’m guilty of it. She put it in perspective for sure.

4. Axel72
    5:11 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

Sell your gear pal, BBN doesn’t want you or need you. Don’t let the door hit ya…

5. Big Sexy
    5:24 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

She’s not wrong. Brandi, you’re a fine girl!

• trumpetguy
      5:48 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

Big Sexy, 1972 hit by Looking Glass, well done! Most on here, a little before their time though…LOL

• Bluehender
      8:08 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

I remember it. Great song..

• trumpetguy
      9:40 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

BH, want to really annoy folks, back then gas around here was 30 cents/gallon. Brand new Ford Mustang was $3500, and so it goes…….

6. panicpat
    5:30 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

Democrats against kneeling. Democrats who support our veterans

7. Lip Man 1
    5:53 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

For me it goes beyond wins and losses although that certainly plays a part. It’s the bizarre press conferences by Cal, the seemingly condescending attitude toward the fan base that helps pay his monstrous salary, it’s the “secrecy” surrounding injuries the past few years where one day it is this diagnosis, then suddenly the next day its something different.

And its just a tiredness that has set in with four, five, six kids leaving every year “for NBA glory” when half of them never even make it because they aren’t ready. Call it “one and done fatigue.”

I get where Walkman is coming from.

8. ukkatzfan
    5:55 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

I think Brandi takes things too seriously. And she thinks she is getting free uK gear from the one she hates. Hahahahaha.

9. mashman 93
    6:21 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

Never ashamed to wear my Kentucky, but I have complained a lot this season and Cal is right on these kids not getting the full Kentucky experience. The fans are needed at Rupp and that won’t happen until next year. GO CATS!!!

10. KYintheNC
    6:47 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

NoKneeling get the hell over the kids and coaches kneeling. It’s over. Move on.

11. clarks
    7:19 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

Heck yeah, I’m glad somebody said it. We have the worst fans when we lose. Losing hurts me as much as any of us but I’m with the cats no matter what

12. kjd
    8:35 pm February 15, 2021 Permalink

She showed her true colors. Send me free stuff.

13. millertim
    6:10 pm February 16, 2021 Permalink

Most of us fans that have been accused of “not supporting the team” are also the same ones that cheer louder, scream at officials, boo opposing teams and players, proudly buy and wear our UK blue, say hello to complete strangers who happen to be wearing UK gear, remember attending games at Memorial Colliseum, being thrilled EVERY time we walk into Rupp Arena— even for our children’s graduation, send our children to UK, sweat profusely during every game, glory in their victory and agonize in their defeat— but we ALWAYS LOVE OUR BIG BLUE WILDCATS!! No matter where we travel in life’s journey, we’ll always remember our Old Kentucky Home!!