Kevin Knox rises above distractions following Yahoo report

Given the past 48 hours, everyone would have forgiven a bad performance from Kevin Knox; however, the freshman proved that winning’s the only thing on his mind right now, putting up 21 points in 24 minutes in Kentucky’s 87-66 win over Missouri. Knox missed most of the first half due to foul trouble, but John Calipari was thrilled with how he responded in the second, putting up 16 points in 17 minutes.

“He was patient in the second half when he didn’t play much in the first half. He came out and it’s amazing how much in the last three weeks how he’s learned to read screens, where he can bump to to get shots, how he can get in the middle, where he can find PJ, which he did on the baseline. We’re doing this stuff every single day and he needs it badly.”

Knox was among a handful of players named in Yahoo Sports’ report yesterday as meeting with an agent from ASM Sports but after an internal review, was cleared by Kentucky to play tonight. Calipari said he didn’t discuss the allegations with Knox heading into tonight’s game.

“I didn’t. That was all the university dealing with it. I wasn’t involved in any way. But I felt good about it.”

Clearly, Knox was in the right head space tonight.

[mobile_ad]

6 Comments for Kevin Knox rises above distractions following Yahoo report

1. Ridge Runner
    11:17 pm February 24, 2018 Permalink

Of all the things going bad in this FBI fallout… I’m sorry but Kevin or any kid having their name thrown out there over getting a meal paid for as if a felony by Pitino had occurred or criminal act has went down is ridiculous and so over the top. Yes, it’s technically wrong but to the extent this free meal issue has received is stupid beyond explanation.

• justaguyinthebackrow
      11:30 pm February 24, 2018 Permalink

1. None of the incidents involving players with the agent have anything to do with any school or coach and they shouldn’t be talked of like they do.
      2. No context has been given on any of the incidents, like who actually paid for meals, who it was that took loans (student or friend or family member), etc. It’s bad reporting to just throw out names like they’re guilty.
      3. It’s been said that even if a player did receive a meal for a meeting, they can just pay it back. I know Duke has had a couple incidents like this with no repurcussions, but of course they did.

We shall see.

• JTHinton
      6:53 am February 25, 2018 Permalink

Didn’t catch the espn transition from our game to Arizona but I saw the studio update (I think that’s what it’s called) from the duke game tonite tipoff…. did they talk about Knox’s really good game like they did Carter Jr? They acted like he was the best player in the world and how Carter “put ALL of the distractions aside.”

• JTHinton
      6:53 am February 25, 2018 Permalink

*to our tip-off

2. Atg2112
    11:51 pm February 24, 2018 Permalink

Agreed. Unless I have missed something, has anything from Yahoo, or from Schlabagh’s ESPN piece on AZ been proven as a fact? I’m not being naive, I know seedy stuff goes down in the sports world, but it seems like everyone is throwing the book at anyone named and all we have seen or heard is spreadsheets any person could make, or hearsay. Far from a smoking gun yet.

3. 4everUKblue
    6:49 am February 25, 2018 Permalink

Is anyone putting any stock in anything Yahoo sports says? I mean besides BBNDude and CodeRedNeck? I believe Code is BBNDude’s father.