Kerry Blackshear did NOT commit to Kentucky on his visit

© Michael Thomas Shroy | USATSI

© Michael Thomas Shroy | USATSI

Ready for some Kerry Blackshear news? Because we’ve got some.

A source tells KSR that Blackshear did NOT commit to Kentucky during his official visit; however, the visit reportedly went well and the Kentucky coaching staff is confident in its position. That being said, the staff is not aware of a timeline for his decision or whether or not he will take any more visits.

So, we’ll continue to wait.

41 Comments for Kerry Blackshear did NOT commit to Kentucky on his visit

1. mothandras
    12:48 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

I see Blackshear recommitting back to Virginia Tech after he figures out the grass isn’t greener. Maybe VT finds a booster to seal the deal.

• Cokely53
      12:56 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

^what a joke

• runningunnin.454
      12:57 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

He might if he wanted to play for the former Wofford coach with a career winning per cent of 55%.
      The blue grass is definitely greener in Lexington.

• UKinMKY
      1:07 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Possibly the worst take I’ve seen on KSR in a long time.

• Papaw
      2:09 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Longer he waits the further behind the rest of the he gets no matter where he goes

• michaelb
      1:21 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

What a stupid handle too

• Nugget01
      1:30 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

The joke’s on you geeks that actually took this seriously.

• runningunnin.454
      3:22 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

No, the joke’s on you; geeks and nerds rule the world.

2. Cokely53
    12:59 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

“the Kentucky coaching staff is confident in its position.” The most overplayed sentence when it comes to recruiting this site always churns out. I’m sure the staff is still confident in its position with Zion Williamson too if you asked them. I really hope we get him, but I’m done being confident when “the staff still feels confident” that to me has been a negative sign as of late.

3. Smyrna_Cat
    1:00 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

I suggest we do a Blackshear post every hour for the duration.

• runningunnin.454
      1:09 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Let’s all sing “Patience” by Guns n Roses…next post in 28 minutes, ha ha ha.

4. TOMCATS1990
    1:15 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

He wants a chance to win a title and play with PRO’s he will be a Wildcat he doesn’t he won’t

5. bobfromcincy
    1:25 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Honestly I think the kid just enjoys being sought after. He is going to use his max allowed visits and then will announce. He probably knew where he was going before he took his first visit. He just wants to be wined and dined a little. Good for him to put himself in that position.

6. BobbyBlue
    1:26 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

I am so weary with the never ending recruiting drama fueled by the KSR writers as described above by Cokely 53

7. Headhurts
    1:38 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Sources say if Blackshear does’nt panout we’re going after spanky.

• ClutchCargo
      1:46 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

A bit undersized, but stout. Strong leadership qualities, and the other kids look up to him.

• Headhurts
      2:05 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Lol, old school 4 sure.

• Ridge Runner
      3:39 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Nice fellerz… nice!
      Yeah, Petey has the quickness and can turn on a dime! Finding 4 shoes a bit tough.

• runningunnin.454
      2:17 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Didn’t have a three point line when he played; he would have averaged 30 pts/game.
      But alas, he passed away.

• ClutchCargo
      3:07 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Dammit, I guess Spanky is off the board. What about Petey? He is a dog!

• Boman2112
      3:14 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Frankly Alphapha I have to live my own life! I’m off to Keenland with Darla!

8. CoachCalFan
    2:37 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

He has respect for Buzz and going to visit next so I don’t think a public commitment would’ve happened. Like BobfromCinci said, good for him for working to put himself in this position for all of us coming back to KSR and other sites every 10min hoping for an update haha

9. bigblue2284
    2:53 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Seriously? A whole lot of sweating for a lesser Reid Travis. Blackshear is ok but there is a reason after 4 years in the ACC he isn’t on the draft board, he isn’t a game changer. I suppose KSR has to posted about something.

• ohiokatfan
      3:01 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

I tend to agree. Don’t get me wrong, I believe he is a solid player that would absolutely make UK a stronger team. But I also believe the hype is a bit much.

• Nickerbocker05
      3:50 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

The kid single handedly beat duke this past season!?!?!? What do u know about Blackshear anyway?

• nocode96
      3:55 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

I love me some RT, but Blackshear is leaps and bounds better than RT. No way he will be the leader RT was, maybe not even as impactful, but to call him a lesser RT makes me question if you’ve watched him play…ever? He’s good.

• runningunnin.454
      4:22 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

That’s a bad take; agree with nocode96, he will make an immediate impact.

• bigblue2284
      5:40 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Yea he was so dominant he wasnt even looked at in a weak draft. He will contribute but to get excited about him is trying for me, I’ve seen this story too many times.

• bigblue2284
      5:41 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Let’s chat in January and see who’s right lol…

• Cokely53
      10:22 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Louisville troll… just watch. His second account will hop on here soon to defend him.

10. VirginiaCat
    2:56 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

I am a little surprised that his visit was so short. Maybe I am wrong, but I think he came in late Tuesday and was gone Wednesday. Maybe he saw no point sticking around with Cal leaving for the NBA draft. My hope is that the deal was sealed during his brief visit, but only time will tell.

11. jim tom
    3:01 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Be prepared for Blackshear updates every 15 minutes for the next uh well month

12. dave1964
    3:02 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Don’t see this kid coming to Kentucky we will be suck with watching Richards try and catch the ball and have it run down his leg out of bounds or he fouls out in the first five minutes.

13. BBNBRIAN
    3:04 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

It comes down you what HE wants. I said the same thing about Travis last year. Blackshear is a grown ass man, not some kid looking for social media likes. Calm down. He knows his best route to the NBA runs thru Lexington. Relax you bunch of hemroids!

• nocode96
      3:56 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

“Like button”

14. Bluebloodtoo
    3:05 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Maybe the visit was a formality. Does he really need to check out UK? Does anyone really doubt the facilties or the staff? There is plenty of NBA data that proves the process.

15. Ridge Runner
    3:19 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Certainly something has changed from earlier reports we were in the driver seat if he didn’t turn pro.

• Ridge Runner
      3:30 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Makes me wonder if EJ & Nick returning had anything to do with it or is it truly something else. Hmmmm

16. UKinmyblood
    4:12 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Not surprised he didn’t commit on the spot….. he doesn’t need to. We are still the most logical destination however. From previous reports we know he wants a program that has a good shot at the Final Four (check)…..one that has a track record of putting bigs in the league (check)……a place that has best-in-class facilities (check)…..and a place where he can improve his game by being challenged in practice (check).
    We got this.

17. sundanze77
    5:22 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

He committed to UK, but won’t announce till weekend.

18. Bobbum Man
    5:28 pm June 20, 2019 Permalink

Well he didn’t publicly commit… we hear all the time a kid actually committed weeks ago but maybe he wants to do his own thing as far as announcing it