Kentucky/Northern Kentucky will tip off Friday night around 9:30 PM on CBS

17192303_1460635487303193_7930120524122245515_o

Well, it’s going to be a long St. Patrick’s day for all of us. CBS just announced the tip times for Thursday and Friday and Kentucky/Northern Kentucky won’t tip off until about 9:30 p.m., after the conclusion of Dayton/Wichita State. The game will be televised on CBS, with Jim Nantz, Grant Hill, Bill Raftery and Tracy Wolfson on the call.

Here are all the tip times:

NCAA First Four — Tuesday, March 14

Tip (ET) Network Site Game Play-by-Play/Analyst//Reporter
6:40 p.m. truTV Dayton I Mt. Saint Mary’s vs. New Orleans Brian Anderson / Clark Kellogg // Lewis Johnson
After conc. I truTV Dayton II Kansas State vs. Wake Forest Anderson / Kellogg // Johnson

NCAA First Four — Wednesday, March 15

6:40 p.m. truTV Dayton I NC Central vs. UC Davis Spero Dedes / Steve Smith / Len Elmore // Ros Gold-Onwude
After conc. I truTV Dayton II Providence vs. USC Dedes / Smith / Elmore // Gold-Onwude

First Round Games — Thursday Afternoon, March 16 (Noon-6 p.m. ET)

Tip (ET) Network Site Game Play-by-Play/Analyst//Reporter
12:15 p.m. CBS  Buffalo I Notre Dame vs. Princeton Verne Lundquist /Jim Spanarkel // Allie LaForce
12:40 p.m. truTV  Orlando I Virginia vs. UNC-Wilmington Ian Eagle / Steve Lavin // Evan Washburn
1:30 p.m. TNT Milwaukee I Butler vs. Winthrop Carter Blackburn / Mike Gminski / Debbie Antonelli // Lisa Byington
2:00 p.m. TBS Salt Lake City I Gonzaga vs. S. Dakota State Andrew Catalon / Steve Lappas // Jamie Erdahl
After conc. I CBS  Buffalo II West Virginia vs. Bucknell Lundquist / Spanarkel // LaForce
After conc. I truTV Orlando II Florida vs. East Tennessee State University Eagle / Lavin // Washburn
After conc. I TNT Milwaukee II Minnesota vs. Middle Tennessee State Blackburn / Gminski / Antonelli //

Byington

After conc. I TBS Salt Lake City II Northwestern vs. Vanderbilt Catalon / Lappas // Erdahl

First Round Games — Thursday Evening, March 16 (6:30 p.m. ET-Midnight)

Tip (ET) Network Site Game Play-by-Play/Analyst//Reporter
6:50 p.m. TNT  Orlando III Maryland vs. Xavier Eagle / Lavin // Washburn
7:10 p.m. CBS  Buffalo III Villanova vs. Mt. Saint Mary’s/New Orleans Lundquist / Spanarkel // LaForce
7:20 p.m. TBS Salt Lake City III St. Mary’s vs. VCU Catalon / Lappas // Erdahl
7:27 p.m. truTV Milwaukee III Purdue vs. Vermont Blackburn / Gminski / Antonelli //

Byington

After conc. III TNT Orlando IV Florida State vs. Florida Gulf Coast Eagle / Lavin // Washburn
After conc. III CBS  Buffalo IV Wisconsin vs. Virgina Tech Lundquist / Spanarkel // LaForce
After conc. III TBS Salt Lake City IV Arizona vs. North Dakota Catalon / Lappas // Erdahl
After conc. III truTV Milwaukee IV Iowa State vs. Nevada Blackburn / Gminski / Antonelli //

Byington

First Round Games — Friday Afternoon, March 17 (Noon-6 p.m. ET)

Tip (ET) Network Site Game Play-by-Play/Analyst//Reporter
12:15 p.m. CBS  Indianapolis I Michigan vs. Oklahoma State Jim Nantz / Grant Hill / Bill Raftery // Tracy Wolfson
12:40 p.m. truTV  Tulsa I Baylor vs. New Mexico State Kevin Harlan / Reggie Miller / Dan Bonner // Dana Jacobson
1:30 p.m. TNT  Greenville I Arkansas vs. Seton Hall Brian Anderson / Chris Webber // Lewis Johnson
2:00 p.m. TBS  Sacramento I Oregon vs. Iona Spero Dedes / Steve Smith / Len Elmore // Ros Gold-Onwude
After conc. I CBS Indianapolis II Louisville vs. Jacksonville State Nantz / Hill / Raftery // Wolfson
After conc. I truTV Tulsa II SMU vs. Providence / USC Harlan / Miller / Bonner // Jacobson
After conc. I TNT Greenville II UNC vs. Texas Southern Anderson / Webber // Johnson
After conc. I TBS Sacramento II Creighton vs. Rhode Island Dedes / Smith / Elmore // Gold-Onwude

First Round Games — Friday Evening, March 17 (6:30 PM, ET-Midnight)

Tip (ET) Network Site Game Play-by-Play/Analyst//Reporter
6:50 p.m. TNT Tulsa III Kansas vs. NC Central/UC Davis Harlan / Miller / Bonner // Jacobson
7:10 p.m. CBS Indianapolis III Dayton vs. Wichita State Nantz / Hill / Raftery // Wolfson
7:20 p.m. TBS Greenville III Duke vs. Troy Anderson / Webber // Johnson
7:27 p.m. truTV Sacramento III Cincinnati vs. Kansas State / Wake Forest Dedes / Smith / Elmore // Gold-Onwude
After conc. III TNT Tulsa IV Miami vs. Michigan State Harlan / Miller / Bonner // Jacobson
After conc. III CBS Indianapolis IV Kentucky vs. Northern Kentucky Nantz / Hill / Raftery // Wolfson
After conc. III TBS Greenville IV South Carolina vs. Marquette Anderson / Webber // Johnson
After conc. III truTV Sacramento IV UCLA vs. Kent State Dedes / Smith / Elmore // Gold-Onwude

Irish coffee, anyone?

south-region

18 Comments for Kentucky/Northern Kentucky will tip off Friday night around 9:30 PM on CBS

1. jeffj
    8:58 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

bring it on .

2. Wildcat Sheli
    9:07 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

Any idea if we’ll be the final CBS game on Sunday at 5pm or will we be earlier or another network?

• Catsby80
      7:54 am March 13, 2017 Permalink

If we’re playing Wichita I’d say we’ll be that prime time slot…

3. catsarerunnin
    9:08 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

First 2 days of the tourney are basketball heaven.

• ClutchCargo
      12:12 am March 13, 2017 Permalink

And productivity hell.

4. CVL123
    10:18 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

It’s shitty we have to play NKU
    I’d like to support NKU and wish I could root for them for a game or two. Quit pairing is up with other state schools. Crappy. I hate the NCAA

• ClutchCargo
      12:13 am March 13, 2017 Permalink

It was awesome when Morehead knocked off UofL, but I get what you’re saying.

• nicky
      6:35 am March 13, 2017 Permalink

Yeah…had to play WKU in 2012 too which sucked

5. maximumscott
    11:41 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

Vandy upsets Zags. Probably the only 1 seed they could hang with if they shoot well. KU losses to Iowa St.. Butler upsets UNC. SCAR beats Duke. Nova only 1 seed to make it unscathed.

• Catsby80
      7:55 am March 13, 2017 Permalink

dude south carolina sucks. they’re playing like trash. as much as i’d love to see USC beat Duke, i just can’t imagine that happening. hope i’m wrong, though.

6. kentuck1
    11:56 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

We have to take them one game at a time. Over-confidence can be difficult to contain sometimes. They seem to be playing with a purpose.

7. maximumscott
    12:24 am March 13, 2017 Permalink

I like this teams mentality going forward. Its clear they are playing for each other. No more Monk hero ball anymore. Wichita/Dayton will have to gameplan for Fox/Monk/Briscoe/Bam… each one can and have gone for 20 in a game. Its hard to do that. I think these two games will be good for them to get ready for 16 matchup with UCLA. UK is good enough right now to not have problems with first weekend if they come to play like they did today. If they are growing like they have been then the 16 matchup will be epic following an 8 bout.

8. plumloopy
    1:47 am March 13, 2017 Permalink

I admit, I least wanted to see UCLA and to potentially face them in the round of 16? Even the second round game is going to be way tough. I think I fear UCLA because they beat us when I thought we were flawless. But a lot has changed, and the narrative is not offense on this team anymore, no more Billy Tubbs outscore-’em with no defense style games. So maybe when we actually defend, maybe with some revenge on our minds, we can avenge that loss. Of course, UNC will be thinking the same thing if we make it that far.

It feels like a 2011, 2014 path and yet… wait, we’re a #2 seed?!

• Mathlete
      8:56 am March 13, 2017 Permalink

UCLA doesn’t play much defense, generally when they’ve lost it’s because they were cold from the field. Sounds like UK before February. I’m just hoping our defensive effort stays high, we *could* beat anyone playing this way

9. catsarerunnin
    7:19 am March 13, 2017 Permalink

Big Blue and Green beer. I’m down!

10. runningunnin.454
    8:42 am March 13, 2017 Permalink

What happened to the higher seed playing first?

11. Skeps
    11:28 am March 13, 2017 Permalink

Chris Webber and Len Elmore are back. Hope they don’t get paired together.