Kentucky will be an Underdog vs. Michigan State

The first lines for the Champions Classic have been released. As expected, Kentucky will open the season as underdogs for the second-straight season.

No. 1 Michigan State opens as a 2.5-point favorite over the No. 2 Kentucky Wildcats. In the first game of the Champions Classic, No. 3 Kansas is a 4.5-point favorite over No. 4 Duke.

The spread will likely change before the Tuesday night tip-off. As always, wager wisely.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

13 Comments for Kentucky will be an Underdog vs. Michigan State

1. kenny
    11:07 am November 2, 2019 Permalink

Honestly, I think that’s being generous. KY will be rounding into form come February, but there will be some lumps along the way.

2. runningunnin.454
    11:10 am November 2, 2019 Permalink

Celebration time if we hold it to a 2.5 point game, and I’m buyin’.

3. mashman 93
    11:51 am November 2, 2019 Permalink

We should be an underdog and I’m good with that. The sky will not fall if we lose Tuesday night. GO BIG BLUE!!!

4. VirginiaCat
    1:07 pm November 2, 2019 Permalink

Since the 2015-16 season, Cal’s teams have under performed according to AP polls, i.e., finished lower in the AP poll than starting the season. Based on that trend, I agree that 2.5 is generous. Hope I am wrong though. Go Cats.

• bbn606
      3:07 pm November 2, 2019 Permalink

How good us State? They have a starter out and still favored over the number two team.

5. JT55
    1:17 pm November 2, 2019 Permalink

Whatever happens, you can bet everyone will over react to the outcome. If we win, everyone will be ready to crown us. Loose, and alot of people will be ready to jump the cliff. Nature of sports today

• Bluehender
      2:36 pm November 2, 2019 Permalink

Yes. And there’s a knucklehead right above you who will lead the way in jumping the ship.

• Bluehender
      2:38 pm November 2, 2019 Permalink

And looks like there might be one right below you too. And a real loser below that one..it’s already started and the game hasn’t even been played yet.

6. UKFanSC
    1:56 pm November 2, 2019 Permalink

Guys….like it or not we are no where near a #2 team presently, and may never get to such lofty heights unless our front court improves dramatically. We will get better as the year progresses but legit #1 MSU should win by a lot more than 3 points. And we should expect that, and cheer hard for an upset. This one won’t be Duke ugly, but it will be a miracle if we stay within 10.

7. RICKSVD
    2:01 pm November 2, 2019 Permalink

8 losses regular season, a 3 seed, winning streak, excitement, bad loss in the sweet 16.rinse repeat. Second worst team since Cal has been here. If the field opens up as it has the last few years, maybe just an slite 8 letdown.

8. CopenhagenCat
    2:20 pm November 2, 2019 Permalink

I’m not impressed on what I have seen. Our rebounding and block shooting isn’t there. EJ looks awful. I’m hoping they get it together but right now I’m not impressed with this team. Hopefully they get it together and pull out a win.

9. KYjellyRoll
    3:32 pm November 2, 2019 Permalink

This early in the year, a little rustiness should be expected. I’m glad they played less than perfect through the exhibition games so that cal can pinpoint problems. Instead of them playing a terrific mistake free game. Go Cats

10. jaws2
    5:30 pm November 2, 2019 Permalink

Typical Cal team the past few years. Ranked too high early and may get embarrassed a couple of times and a lot of BBN ‘fans’ will jump out of the boat. Fine.
    I don’t know why fans believe that a coach who starts over EVERY year with practically a brand new team, is going to come out of the starting gate as a well oiled machine. It’s a ridiculous notion at best. I truly believe this team is more talented than the past 3. If Richards and Montgomery can give us any competitive minutes repeatably, by February this team could be real difficult come tournament time.
    I’d love to see us beat MI ST but I’m not gonna lose any sleep over getting beat to a solid team with veterans in the first week of November. Have some patience guys.