Kentucky up 12 after ugly first half

cal-miss-st

SEC officiating continues to ruin games in 2017 with another hideous, stop-and-go first half down in Starkville. There were 25 fouls called in the first 20 minutes, yet Kentucky still found away to score almost 50 points through all the nonsense and foul trouble.

The Cats currently lead, 46-34, at the break.

msu-half

Article written by Drew Franklin

6 Comments for Kentucky up 12 after ugly first half

1. UKfanman01
    8:27 pm January 17, 2017 Permalink

SOMEBODY TELL MUSBOOGER THAT IT’S PRONOUNCED ADD-UH-BAY-OH!!!! For God’s sake I’m so sick of this guy saying Addaboyo

2. Aar
    8:49 pm January 17, 2017 Permalink

I know that he frequently contributes only 1 stat per game – a high number of minutes played. Yet, he’s been my favorite Cat for 3.5 years. Dominique Hawkins’ game has really matured this season. In his previous three seasons, Hawkins has obviously been a good individual contributor and full of heart – not to mention his incredible athleticism. Frequently, though, he didn’t look like he was playing within the team. On offense, he’d occasionally get lost and be the one player not in the right place or running the right motion. Defensively, he locked down his man but often was not switching like the rest of the team.

This season is a different story. To me “Dom” looks like he is the player who is always in the right place, running the right motion, locking down his man and switching in sync with the team. In the first half tonight, I loved the way he ran the point. He pushed the pace faster and more consistently than Briscoe, got the team set and executed offense until the mismatch was achieved and made sure the team finished efficiently – whether it was his shot or a teammate’s. Getting back on D was a given for the entire team with him at point. He also often does it with other non-starters. I know he’s not as exciting or fast as our other points but I think Hawkins is our most efficient PG this season.

Yes, he has become more integrated within the more gradually than depicted above but I believe the difference in his play is so much better this year that it deserves recognition. I’d love to see his +/- in comparison to the starting point guards. I suppose that is the only number that can be used to evaluate a guy who doesn’t put up many other numbers.

Let’s hear it for the home state young man who made it 3/4 through his senior year of high school without a D1 offer (did I get that right?) who has been a 4 year contributor for our beloved Wildcats!

3. Luether
    9:19 pm January 17, 2017 Permalink

I predict we’ll be outscored in the 2nd half…

• EdC
      9:33 pm January 17, 2017 Permalink

I didn’t think little brother was playing tonight. Are they keeping score at the stripper party?

• runningunnin.454
      9:34 pm January 17, 2017 Permalink

What do you mean, we…..kemosabe.

• THE William Hill
      11:24 pm January 17, 2017 Permalink

….he predicts, after the game is over….