Kentucky still a 4-seed in the latest Bracketology

joeybracketsfetch

We’re entering the final stretch of the regular season, which means Joe Lunardi is a regular fixture on your television. ESPN is doing its best to promote “Joey Brackets,” and no matter how much I hate that nickname, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t interested in where he thinks the Cats will be seeded in the NCAA Tournament.

Lunardi released his latest bracket this morning and still has Kentucky a 4-seed, this time in the Midwest Region, playing its opening round games in Oklahoma City:

Screen Shot 2016-02-25 at 12.02.57 PM

I’m not as big a fan of this bracket as the one from Monday which had Kentucky in the South Region with Virginia as the 1-seed, but it’s not the worst draw.

Kentucky vs. Kansas in the Sweet 16 in Chicago…who ya got?

[ESPN]

8 Comments for Kentucky still a 4-seed in the latest Bracketology

1. kentuckyrld
    3:49 pm February 25, 2016 Permalink

Lunardi would do better to just list the 68 teams he thinks are going to make it into the tournament. He is fairly good at picking the teams but he is really terrible at picking the locations and the seeds. He should leave that to people who actually understand the process.

• Mathlete
      4:12 pm February 25, 2016 Permalink

Lunardi is good at the seeding too usually, but the part where they try to arrange seeds by geography over quality is throwing the the system out of whack.

2. @BallBlog_Chad
    4:09 pm February 25, 2016 Permalink

Would you rather move up to a 3 seed so we can be looking at a 6/2 instead of a 5/1 or be a 4 seed to try to beat a 1 seed and then have their road to the F4 like we did a couple years ago?

3. Mathlete
    4:11 pm February 25, 2016 Permalink

Rematch with the Jayhawks in the tournament on a neutral court? Gimme the Cats ATS on that one.

4. secrick
    4:25 pm February 25, 2016 Permalink

BLUEBOOTS, Go to http://www.sportsyncradio.com for the 16 second delay radio. Sorry i didn’t get back to you earlier.

5. Badboy
    4:31 pm February 25, 2016 Permalink

I never pay any attention to Lunardi. He doesn’t know any more than the next person and always has the teams in the wrong regions and usually the wrong seeds. The only sure thing is that we will be in the hardest region and Puke will be in the easiest.

6. Catsby80
    5:01 pm February 25, 2016 Permalink

I could definitely see the committee putting UK in Kansas’ bracket as a 4 seed, unless we play our way into a 2 or 3 seed… NCAA loves those rematches

7. jonthes
    8:22 pm February 25, 2016 Permalink

I got Witchita St. upsetting Kansas and a great rematch.