Kentucky reaches out to Syracuse transfer Quincy Guerrier

(Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)

(Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)

Add another name to the list of transfers John Calipari and the UK coaching staff have reached out to this offseason.

According to ESPN’s Jeff Borzello, Syracuse star transfer Quincy Guerrier has heard from Kentucky since entering the portal on April 30. UK joins the likes of Oregon, Marquette, Georgetown, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Memphis, Texas Tech, Arizona State, Maryland, Creighton, Arkansas, SMU and Western Kentucky to reach out.

Guerrier is also testing the NBA Draft waters as he explores his transfer options.

“I have spent time reflecting on what’s next for me and my career, and I have decided to enter the transfer portal while still testing the waters of the NBA Draft,” Guerrier announced last week. “The decision has definitely not been an easy one, and I cannot thank my family at Syracuse enough for their support the past two years. Thank you to Coach Boeheim for the mentorship, and to my teammates, y’all will always be family.”

In 28 games for the Orange this past season, Guerrier averaged 13.7 points, 8.4 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per contest, along with shooting 49.3% from the field overall and 31.1% from three. The 6-foot-7, 220-pound forward finished in double figures 21 times as a sophomore, including four 20-point performances and eight double-doubles.

The rising junior forward is a native of Montreal, Quebec, suiting up for Thetford Academy (Quebec) leading up to his time at Syracuse.

Check out his sophomore highlights below:

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

22 Comments for Kentucky reaches out to Syracuse transfer Quincy Guerrier

1. kyle macys socks
    5:43 pm May 3, 2021 Permalink

Um… I don’t think he plays PG…

• jim tom
      5:55 pm May 3, 2021 Permalink

Yeah. But remember Cal can develop him !

2. chrisblue
    5:51 pm May 3, 2021 Permalink

Um…. he may have to at this point!! LOL.

3. CatBlue in LR
    5:56 pm May 3, 2021 Permalink

Guess this means Brooks is out the door?

• jim tom
      6:05 pm May 3, 2021 Permalink

I hope not. Need him back

• TBW3011
      7:43 pm May 3, 2021 Permalink

We can barely put a starting lineup on the floor currently. I think there is plenty of room

4. Irish son
    6:16 pm May 3, 2021 Permalink

No one wants to play for this sinking ship

• jim tom
      6:36 pm May 3, 2021 Permalink

Going down with the “Titanic” . LOL !

• neat1ky
      8:36 pm May 3, 2021 Permalink

I guess Duke is in trouble with that smart comment

5. Middy
    6:22 pm May 3, 2021 Permalink

Having gone to UK but grown up in Syracuse, I still keep tabs on the Orange. Regardless of position… if we can get him we absolutely should. He’s a really good physical player but also one of those dudes that just keeps getting better and is set for a big leap. Had he returned to the Cuse he probably would have put up 20 & 10.

6. BlueByYou
    8:02 pm May 3, 2021 Permalink

I know most of the negative posters are trolls or idiots, but it will be interesting to see how quickly they either disappear or jump back on the wagon when we get things worked out. FYI…2 of the best assistants in the country are boarding this ‘sinking ship’, so maybe you ought to take a breath and let things happen.

7. LayTheOdds
    8:16 pm May 3, 2021 Permalink

What about a PG? As a result of Cal’s poor player usage, he’s not signing the right fit of recruits as in the past. He’s been totally exposed as a mediocre game coach and a terrible ‘end of game’ strategist. He doesn’t care about titles, only the NBA draft, and that has now caught up to him. He’s lost much of BBN and with his social justice BS, it’s now become a real sh*t show in Lexington.

• 4everUKBlue
      9:19 pm May 3, 2021 Permalink

LMAO! Funny stuff…You write you own stuff or copy and paste it from another troll on this site?

• LayTheOdds
      12:43 am May 4, 2021 Permalink

Troll? No, the truth. Choked the 2015 Wisconsin game. One title with all that talent and budget. I guess you’re just a Cal loyalist no matter the tournament performances. Remember “the greatest day in UK history” according to Cal….the 5 NBA first round picks? Go ahead and LYAO. I’ll root for championships and be happy for the post-college success of the players whether in pro BB or other careers.

8. VirginiaCat
    9:58 pm May 3, 2021 Permalink

I wish that there was less focus on the ongoing battle between the Chicken Little crowd and the Sunshine Pumpers. Neither extreme is helpful and it takes up space that could be used for objective and intelligent analysis. The vitriol is exhausting.

• Bluehender
      7:02 am May 4, 2021 Permalink

Lol..You’re either a Chicken Little or a Sunshine Pumper in this country these days. That’s a good analogy. Unfortunately there is plenty of “space” for both. And the flogging will continue until morale improves. Which it won’t. But yes, it can be exhausting. That’s when it’s time to back out for a while..

• UKFanSC
      7:05 am May 4, 2021 Permalink

I think there are a few people on the board who are Chicken Pumpers !

• Bluehender
      7:32 am May 4, 2021 Permalink

I think so too!!

• Memphis UK Cat
      7:33 am May 4, 2021 Permalink

I wish the basement dwellers and mom give me free crap people just Shut up. It probably is going to be a tough year again but Cal has recognized change was needed. We have some good coaches coming in to help. The spoiled brats will not be satisfied next year regardless. Cal has earned a chance to rebuild this again coming out of a pandemic and the changes to college basketball landscape. These entitled kids coming out need a new approach and I feel Cal will get it.

• Bluehender