Kentucky ranked No. 22 in the AP poll

Mark Zerof | USA Today

robic-ulis

Mark Zerof | USA Today

Kentucky is still alive in both polls this week despite suffering a crushing loss at Tennessee.

The Cats dropped two spots to No. 21 in the USA Today Coaches Poll, and fell to No. 22 in the Associated Press poll.

The entire Top 25…

ap-2.8

Article written by Drew Franklin

10 Comments for Kentucky ranked No. 22 in the AP poll

1. A_Blue_Wildcat
    3:18 pm February 8, 2016 Permalink

How is South Carolina not ranked after beating Texas A&M on the road?

• Mathlete
      3:27 pm February 8, 2016 Permalink

They’re narrowly in 26th, 128 points to Wichita State’s 132

• A_Blue_Wildcat
      3:37 pm February 8, 2016 Permalink

Wichita State has no business being ranked

2. jonthes
    3:26 pm February 8, 2016 Permalink

What, no Duke?

• Mathlete
      3:28 pm February 8, 2016 Permalink

30th place, someone STILL thinks Duke deserves votes

3. Bullitt County UK fan
    3:38 pm February 8, 2016 Permalink

There is no way that Maryland is the 2nd best team in the country. They cannot shoot! Only reason Villanova is number one is because of their weak conference. I haven’t even watched them play all year.

• ukbradstith
      3:57 pm February 8, 2016 Permalink

Villanova is in the Big East, which by any measure is the fourth best conference this year. They aren’t the best team in the country, but it’s not because of their conference.

4. Catsby80
    3:43 pm February 8, 2016 Permalink

I think it is safe to say that this tournament is going to be complete anarchy. Could definitely see a “no-name” school winning it this year… I thought UNC was probably the best team in the country, then they went and collapsed on the road this week. Just when you think Oklahoma has it rolling, they get smoked by Kansas State. Going to be interesting to say the least. I try not to be too homer-ish, but this is exactly why I like the Cats’ chances to make a run if they can get any semblance of a post presence.

5. Sublem
    4:09 pm February 8, 2016 Permalink

I’ve been saying you’re going to have 1 seeds with 5 losses this season. Looks like that will happen, hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them has 6.

6. KevinM
    4:16 pm February 8, 2016 Permalink

Looks like we’re the 4th best 6 loss team this week. Had we stayed at 5 losses, we would be 4th best there as well.
    Not a whole lot of diff there IMO.