Kentucky opens up as 9.5 point favorite at Vandy

John Reed-USA TODAY Sports

John Reed-USA TODAY Sports

Kentucky will need to beat Vanderbilt by 10 tomorrow night to cover the spread for a fifth consecutive game, barring any movement in the line between now and tip-off. The opening line was set at 9.5 points late Monday afternoon, according to VegasInsider.com. The total on the game is 142.5.

Any predictions?

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for Kentucky opens up as 9.5 point favorite at Vandy

1. DelrayCat
    4:50 pm January 28, 2019 Permalink

UK 76
    VU 67

2. bigbluefan11
    4:58 pm January 28, 2019 Permalink

cats by 90

3. RealCatsFan
    5:06 pm January 28, 2019 Permalink

I’m a little bit worried about this one. Vandy took UT to the wire down there, and probably should have won if the ref’s had not handed over the game to the Vols. Look for Vandy to be desperate and fighting mad, and the crowd to be as rowdy as we have ever seen in that weird gym of theirs. Cats will need to have the intensity up at the beginning of this one or they may find themselves in a hole.

• az1006
      5:47 pm January 28, 2019 Permalink

I disagree…The Tennessee game, half the crowd was UT fans, and Vandy just got their doors blown off over the weekend. I’d imagine the loss to UT may have the opposite effect…The wheels are coming off. I’d venture to guess the crowd will be 50% blue, if not more (I know my parents are going with a large group, and they didn’t have much trouble getting tickets).

That may not be the case, but we’re the better team. If we play decent and don’t let them get hot from 3, we should win going away.

4. bigbluebanana
    5:18 pm January 28, 2019 Permalink

Depending on if the recent Cats show up or not, the score will either be 79-58 us, or 67-62 us. Either way, I do t see them beating us. But…it is Vandy, it’s a very tough place to play, and they should e won against the #1 team in the country the other night. We won’t get the calls Tennessee got from the refs.

5. mikeintn
    5:36 pm January 28, 2019 Permalink

I may be wrong and it wouldn’t be the first time, but I don’t think UT is a final four team. I think the ball has just balanced their way a few times. I’m looking forward to playing them, I think we’ve got the better players, and they will take care of business. GO CATS

• az1006
      5:50 pm January 28, 2019 Permalink

It’s hard to say the ball has bounced their way to the tune of one overtime loss against what was, at the time, a top 5 team (they got Kansas at full strength, remember). That being said, I think we do matchup with Tennessee well. Grant Williams vs. Reid Travis will be a heck of a battle. And remember, if PJ didn’t get hurt down there last year, we may have gone on to win that game. And we had the game at Rupp won, and just let it slip away in the final minute. We were “this” close to going 3-0 against the Vols last year.

In any event, those will be two battles I’m looking forward to, but I do think we matchup better against them than we have the last two years.

6. satcheluk
    9:03 am January 29, 2019 Permalink

I see Vandy covering and we win by about 8. I’ll likely tease that up to UK-13.5 and feel pretty comfortable.