Kentucky opens as a 10.5-point favorite

The line is out, and the Cats opened as a 10.5-point favorite over the Tar Heels. That’s already up to 11 in most Vegas sports books.

I’m saying cover. #DestroyForPoy

9 Comments for Kentucky opens as a 10.5-point favorite

1. jwsmit3
    2:38 pm December 12, 2014 Permalink

Please write a post detailing the insurance money received if a player gets hurt. I am not sure how that works.

• Kevin C
      2:57 pm December 12, 2014 Permalink

Basically, it’s only for a “career ending” injury. If the insurer has to pay out, Alex could never play BB anywhere on the planet, for pay, ever again. Of course in his case, he likely wasn’t going to have much of a pro career anyway, and was going to use his brains + degree to become a millionaire…so I’d be hoping for a a grim prognosis, if I were him.

• RealCatsFan
      3:02 pm December 12, 2014 Permalink

Kevin C, plenty of guys went in the 3nd round and worked their way up to a good contract. Even if he can’t hang for long, just one year even at a 2nd round salary would be about 5 times what he would expect to make in a year with a typical entry level job, even with a degree. He could also make an excellent living playing overseas, and possibly make some good business connections for when he becomes a future millionaire. Alex is a smart dude – I think he is going to do well for himself no matter what path he takes.

• RealCatsFan
      3:02 pm December 12, 2014 Permalink

Meant to say “2nd round”.

2. Jud
    2:42 pm December 12, 2014 Permalink

We will win by 20. The boys will think of Alex and grit their teeth. They are going to destroy UNC.

• Kevin C
      3:03 pm December 12, 2014 Permalink

I’d love to believe that, but my biggest fear is that all of our stars with the best NBA prospects suddenly tighten up, and stop making the extra-athletic, extra-effort plays…which is a recipe for a disastrous season. When you consider how they inexplicably didn’t show up for most of the game against Columbia, it’s easy to see them not showing up for future games, when they have the fear of a career-ending injury constantly weighing on their minds. I hope I’m way off, and it has nothing but a positive impact on every player on this team…but I’m not betting on it.

• BigBlueBoom
      3:16 pm December 12, 2014 Permalink

Kevin that is just silly. It’s not that they “inexplicably” didn’t show up for Columbia. They just came out flat, prob bored with teams like this and looking forward to the next 3 games. That’s not unusual. People usually call them trap games. Also, Alex got injured all on his own, on a layup, it’s not like he was wrestling around for the ball or doing something exuberant.

3. RealCatsFan
    2:58 pm December 12, 2014 Permalink

What the heck is that huge baby blue thing in the picture?

Here’s hoping that Booker goes on a Tayshawn-like unconscious 3-pt shooting spree and we absolutely bury them. And someone suggested in the show thread that they find a way to let Alex come out and do the Y. That would be awesome – maybe we could get him one of those little foot carts. 😉

If that’s not an option, Derek Anderson would be a great choice, since he is in town anyway and already had to go down the same path as Alex.

4. hatchm022
    3:37 pm December 12, 2014 Permalink

let Alex come out and do the Y……That would set the House to rocking……