Kentucky Opens as 3-Point Underdog Against Auburn

The line for Kentucky’s matchup with the Auburn Tigers on Saturday afternoon has been set, and the folks down in Vegas aren’t betting on the Wildcats.

Auburn has opened up as a 3-point favorite to beat Kentucky when the two teams meet down in Alabama at 6 p.m. on ESPN. Both teams are 9-10-0 against the spread. ESPN’s matchup predictor gives the Tigers a 66.7 percent chance to win.

The over/under is set at 110. Gamble wisely.

Article written by Zack Geoghegan

Recruiting reporter for KSR. Follow me on Twitter: @ZGeogheganKSR

16 Comments for Kentucky Opens as 3-Point Underdog Against Auburn

1. JT55
    8:48 pm January 31, 2020 Permalink

I’ll take Auburn. 78-UK69

• 4everUKBlue
      8:12 am February 1, 2020 Permalink

I didn’t realize there were Auburn fans on this site.

2. Rixter
    8:49 pm January 31, 2020 Permalink

Isn’t this the third Saturday in a row the Cats will be an underdog? Whats that record so far?

3. JASUN74
    8:58 pm January 31, 2020 Permalink

Cats: 74
    Auburn: 68

My prediction is it will come down to them having to foul us, we hit our free throws to win it.

This is a big game for the SEC and both teams will be playing hard , it’s going to be a good one folks. Go Cats!!

4. michaelb
    9:12 pm January 31, 2020 Permalink

Both teams will score 70 at least , id take that over on a hefty bet

5. CJKAssassin123
    9:56 pm January 31, 2020 Permalink

This is the one we have to win. I’m taking the under. There will be a ton of fouls called especially with Doug shows and Tony Green as the lead refs for the game, I also see this being a defensive duel. Both teams will barely go over 50. I think Auburn likey wins at home 56-50. I think we go 3-11 from three and Auburn goes 6-12 I really hope I am wrong. We are going to have to win on the glass and shoot 55% or better from inside the 3-point line and shoot 50% or better from 3 to really have a chance. We also need to hit almost every FT tommorow they should have a bunch of FT attempts tommorow with all the fouls there will likely be. We can’t have as many unforced TO’s as we did against Texas Tech and expect to win. We were really lucky we pulled that game out. If we can do all of this we should be fine and walk out of Auburn AL with another massive resume road win. No pressure guys. We owe this team some good old fashioned payback for our loss to Auburn in last years elite 8. Go Cats!!!

• CrystalBall
      10:38 pm January 31, 2020 Permalink

Agree with you on the unforced turnovers. Can’t have them. And 3 pointers. Need at least 6 or 7.

6. kjgouk
    10:23 pm January 31, 2020 Permalink

I have the O/U at 143. I believe that to be more like it. I would bet a lot of money I don’t have it is was 110.

7. Righteous1
    11:45 pm January 31, 2020 Permalink

Bruce Pearl will use the same game plan that he used in the region final last year. Auburn wins by double digits and Billy Clyde Calipari says after the game that he was outcoached.

Now if Calipari gets ejected, UK has a better shot of winning.

• CrystalBall
      12:01 am February 1, 2020 Permalink

That’s the most humerous thing I read all day. Keep the comedy coming. Thanks.

• 4everUKBlue
      8:15 am February 1, 2020 Permalink

Righteous1 you’re getting dumber by the day, you Cal hate is making a fool of you…..wait you were born a fool. You’ll be just a little less miserable if we lose, I really pity you.

• Bluehender
      9:17 am February 1, 2020 Permalink

That’s hilarious Righteous1…really funny. The problem for Bruce will be he doesn’t have the same team he had last year. Their only chance of winning is to foul out Nick Richards. And if the refs they have for the game, are who was named above, it could happen. But I think JASYUN74 prediction above is the most accurate…good luck to you. I know you’ll be pulling for Auburn.

8. dan1965
    12:39 am February 1, 2020 Permalink

Sorry but with Shows refereing I honestly have very little hope. I think its no coincidence Calipari comes out and calls for more consistency from the refs with this game next, kinda think maybe he’s sending a signal….Shows I’m watching you ! Lol

• BluemanGreen
      10:00 am February 1, 2020 Permalink

I agree. Their only chance is fouling out Richards…and with the dumbasses calling the game tonight, I Just don’t trust it won’t happen. Nick gets screwed more than any college player by the refs

9. VirginiaCat
    11:56 am February 1, 2020 Permalink

If we lose today against Auburn, it won’t be because our guys are intimidated. This group of players greets adversity with composure and a desire to win. If the game is well officiated, and that is a big “if,” it will come down to a couple of things. Which coach has the better game plan and makes the best in-game adjustments, and which team makes the biggest plays at critical junctures.

10. jeffj
    2:52 pm February 1, 2020 Permalink

Kentucky is the team Bruce don,t want to play