Kentucky Opens as 1-Point Favorite Over Louisville

Well, this line will make even the most adventurous bettors hesitant to gamble on the Kentucky-Louisville matchup.

According to Vegas, the ‘Cats have opened up as a one-point favorite when they play host to the No. 3 Cardinals in Rupp Arena on Saturday at 3:45 p.m.

I think most Kentucky fans are going to be a bit surprised to see this team as a favorite, especially coming into the matchup on a two-game losing streak. But history in this rivalry has favored UK for basically a decade now. The ‘Cats most recent loss to then-No. 5 Ohio State did showcase some progress, but this team hasn’t looked like a contender for practically the entire season. Saturday’s game is going to be massive for improving Kentucky’s resumè as we inch closer to March.

ESPN’s Basketball Power Index gives Louisville a 51.7 percent chance to win and the Cards are 6-5 against the spread so far this season. Kentucky is 4-6 against the spread.

The over/under is currently set at 131.5.

Good luck with your bets on this one, folks! You’re gonna need it.

Article written by Zack Geoghegan

Covering all things NBA and UK Hoops. Follow me on Twitter: @ZGeogheganKSR

8 Comments for Kentucky Opens as 1-Point Favorite Over Louisville

1. WKY Cat
    7:03 pm December 27, 2019 Permalink

Hilarious

2. J. Did
    7:09 pm December 27, 2019 Permalink

The red team is good. KENTUCKY has much, maybe too much, to work on to get to respectability. Just not there yet; and, I don’t know when or if they will get there. This year. Too many missing components – or, we have the key personnel …..who just have yet to show up. It is inexplicable. But, then it is.

3. JASUN74
    9:53 pm December 27, 2019 Permalink

I’m not really surprised by Kentucky, Who’s Coached by John Calipari, being a one point favorite against anyone, especially our rival!!! Now of course we could lose this game, but we can sure win it also.

It’s not a matter of three point shooting either. I don’t care if we take a three all night, the key to this game and our season is Nick Richard!! Time to shiiit or get off the pot my big brother. It’s just time!! No more playing scared, no more worrying if you may get taken out, no more excuses at all. NONE!!

Nicks got everything inside him to help our team be a top five Team, yet he wants to get out there and not lay everything on the line. When he actually plays with intensity and passion, he’s a difference maker in the game. The thing is, he can do that every single game but he don’t!!

Well my friends, it’s time for him to know that if he wants to play one minute, he needs to bring it!! All he has to do is play hard and hustle!!!! Anyone and everyone can play hard!! He doesn’t have to have 20 and 10, he just needs to play hard and we will look like a team that can play and beat anyone.

Anyway, I’m rooting for him and I pray he will turn it around, honestly, if he don’t try as hard as he can, he don’t even need to be in the game. Come on Big Nick!! It’s time to start playing with some toughness, or just sit!! That’s my opinion on the matter anyway! Thanks and Go Cats

• CrystalBall
      10:49 pm December 27, 2019 Permalink

Right. If his head isn’t in the game, send him to the locker room. He has no business being there.

4. BigBlueFoo42777
    8:15 am December 28, 2019 Permalink

Some of these comments are longer than the articles. LoL

• JASUN74
      3:08 pm December 28, 2019 Permalink

I’ll try to keep u in mind the next time I post something BigFool! Lol. Out of what I wrote, all you had to say was, “ Too many Words“, God love your little heart my friend. Maybe I’ll just make two post, one for you and one for the people who get on here to read and discuss Kentucky Sports. I’m going to fix this right now for you!!

THIS IS FOR BigFool!
      Nick Richards needs to play good.. Go Cats.

There you go buddy.

5. dave1964
    11:00 am December 28, 2019 Permalink

You can improve someone basketball IQ but u can’t give someone a bigger heart, Richards and EJ are soft just can’t wait until this year is over and they both can transfer.

6. J. Did