Kentucky moves up to No. 15 in the AP poll

willie15

The new Associated Press college basketball poll is out and the University of Kentucky Wildcats find themselves at No. 15 this week, up three spots from No. 18. Louisville dropped from No. 6 to No. 14 following the loss to the Cats.

Arizona is still holding down that top spot ahead of Syracuse, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Michigan State.

Florida and Missouri are two other ranked SEC teams at No. 12 and 25, respectively.

Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

21 Comments for Kentucky moves up to No. 15 in the AP poll

1. sammydog
    12:52 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

I thought we would rise more in the polls.

2. Frew Drunklin
    12:56 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

Hmm. Shouldn’t we be ranked 14th and UofL 15th? Ya know, since we just beat them?

3. RealCatsFan
    1:03 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

So let me get this right – we drop 8 spots in a close loss to UNC on their home floor, but only rise 3 spots in a convincing win over an arch-rival, who happens to still be ranked ahead of us? OK, I see, business as usual.

• BBN Dave Grohl
      1:05 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

The press won’t ever do Kentucky any favors, especially with Cal here

4. WildcatNation68
    1:11 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

It’s a good spot for UK right now. They’ll only climb from this point forward. A one seed is not out of the question with this win over UofLoserville.

5. Mark
    1:11 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

Who cares, just poles. As the season goes on, it will change….

6. rnet
    1:11 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

Please put today’s podcast replay up!!!!

7. Jeff-n-Knoxville
    1:13 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

Cat’s never should have been ranked at #18 in the first place. You’re right Frew. Seems like if you beat a team, (without your best player for half the game), you should be ranked above the team you beat.. I see a few teams that have worse losses than UK that are ranked well above the cats. Ohio States best win was against Marquette who is not ranked in the top 30 now. Wichita State: (LOL) Ranked #8? Their best wins were over Tennessee by 9 and Alabama by 5? UK would demolish Wichaita State.

8. David
    1:14 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

Podcast? Fixing to leave for work. Any chance it’s up in next 15mins or so? Thanks.

9. mike wright
    1:18 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

Just makers reporters have another story

10. BurnerTurner5
    1:22 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

No s#@t! UK beats a top 10 team and goes up three spots. Had they lost I’m pretty sure they would have fallen out of the top 25.Just wait until the coaches poll comes out. I’d bet UK didn’t even move up three spots in that garbage poll.

11. Jeff-n-Knoxville
    1:32 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

UKs chances of grabing a #1 seed are slim, considering the only quailty ranked team they have left on their schedule is Florida. Missouri (#25) lost to NC State. In order to move up in the polls, the cats are gonna have to have a few blowouts under their belt in SEC play.

• WatchinginCali
      1:59 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

Good point…except for the fact that Missouri beat NC State…on the road. And, UF will be stronger in the second half of the season once they A) Get healthy and B) Get Walker eligible.

• AnthonyBBN
      2:06 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

Ummm…. Mizzou beat NC State.

12. Chean Bahunen
    1:33 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

well, in their defense, louisville was never actually one of the 10 best teams this year, hahaha

13. Turning Point Media
    1:57 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

It is still somewhat amazing to me the emphasis put on the polls by some. It means nothing even at this point in the year. About half of the top 10 are not top 10 teams. Ohio State has played no one, I mean no one, Wichita State has not as well. When Wisconsin gets out of the state of Wisconsin and beats someone that is ranked in the top 100, I will start paying attention to them. Duke, Oregon, Baylor, and Oklahoma State could all be replaced in the top 10 by teams 11-20. And Kentucky still has a good shot a #1 seed. They do not have a lot of high quality teams left on the schedule, but if you are a #1 seed caliber team then you do not lose more than 1 game in the SEC this year. 2 at the most. I still believe the early losses for this team was a great lesson in their progress this year. And if they continue to grow, they will be pretty darn good come March.

• Mark
      3:56 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

Good Post and I think you are right on!!!

14. TonyWinchester
    3:40 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

Normally, I don’t give a crap about the polls, but gaining 3 spots in a win against UL without our “man-child” in the 2nd half is a crock.

15. Cincy
    4:16 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

If the cats start playing like we know they can then they will soon be in the top ten. This was a huge win against Louisville. I think this is the start of them playing as a team.

16. Obummer
    4:50 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

I see us topping at #6 this year, Cant believe how far UL fell.

17. Seth Davis
    8:13 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

I had UK in at #12 in my poll.