Kentucky is No. 3 seed in East Region in new USA Today projections

wildcat-mascot

Who up, New York!

That is where we will be going should two things happen: the Cats win their first two games in the NCAA Tournament and these new projections from USA Today hold true.

In the new USA Today Bracketology, Kentucky is the No. 3 seed in the East Region. That title comes with two first weekend games in Indianapolis and then a potential trip to the Big Apple for the second weekend of Madness. (Sign me up for that.)

Joining Kentucky in the East Region, you will find (1) Villanova, (2) Florida State, (4) West Virginia and (5) Notre Dame. Those are some of the last teams we want to see in March, but nobody said hanging a ninth banner would be easy.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 10.21.01 AM

Me right now:

ny-jump

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for Kentucky is No. 3 seed in East Region in new USA Today projections

1. Sunny Side
    11:03 am February 15, 2017 Permalink

Wisconsin in the second game ?? No thanks !

2. Cabranton
    11:18 am February 15, 2017 Permalink

Agree Sunny Side. The current number 10 ranked team in the nation as a 6 seed? Even at this teams best that would be an extremely challenging game.

3. binarysolo
    11:30 am February 15, 2017 Permalink

Drew, in your jumping gif, are you “grabbin ya nuts” like Buddy Hield in the photo Anthony Davis took?

4. ncaa is in on it
    12:46 pm February 15, 2017 Permalink

did anyone see Kansas mug their way back against WV? At home they are getting as bad as Duke. I hope were not going back there next year,why would anyone? Maybe we can have 6 players foul out instead of 5.

5. c_a_t_s90
    2:49 pm February 15, 2017 Permalink

Would love the chance to knock Wisconsin out in March. The thought of a young Cats team playing a WVU press heavy team scares me though.

• runningunnin.454
      6:23 pm February 15, 2017 Permalink

We need a good zone press….pressing teams don’t like to be pressed.

6. BBNBRIAN
    3:08 pm February 15, 2017 Permalink

Yep… There’s West Virginia… Most believable bracket I’ve seen. You can bet that if Indiana were making the NCAA tournament they would be on our side of the bracket as well.

• catsarerunnin
      5:39 pm February 15, 2017 Permalink

Indiana will make the tourney. They will be a 1 seed in the NIT.

• runningunnin.454
      6:24 pm February 15, 2017 Permalink

Indiana would probably turn the NIT down; “WE ARE INDIANA”….remember that.

7. CatsfaninFL
    4:01 pm February 15, 2017 Permalink

This is way more favorable to me than anything I’ve seen recently. FSU is a vulnerable 2 seed that relies on athleticism and I’ll take ours over theirs. Wisconsin may *seem* dangerous, but there’s a reason the committee left them out of their top 16 despite being “ranked #10”. They’re a paper tiger. We’d most likely end up with WVU or Villanova after that. Everyone is scared of WVU, and rightly so, but Villanova has the guards to defeat a team like WVU, just like we do. Nothing will be easy this tourny as there are a lot of good teams that have great and bad nights, but I’ll take this bracket any day.

8. Eazy
    4:30 pm February 15, 2017 Permalink

I’d like to be in Baylor region. They might be the weakest one seed ever. I also like our chances in a rematch vs Kansas.