Kentucky is an 8-point favorite tomorrow

(Photo by John Russell/Vanderbilt University)

(Photo by John Russell/Vanderbilt University)

(Photo by John Russell/Vanderbilt University)

Vegas has spoken: the Cats are an 8-point favorite over the ‘Dores tomorrow in Nashville.

Thoughts?  Memorial Magic, I know, but given their super thin roster, it still seems a little low to me.

26 Comments for Kentucky is an 8-point favorite tomorrow

1. NashvilleCat
    4:04 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

Cats by 22.

• We Hang Banners
      4:28 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

For real, somebody is gonna get rich tomorrow! GO CATS!

2. BobKYCats
    4:10 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

I understand their thinking. The ‘Dores are ALWAYS up for us, so I get the low spread.

That said, I say Cats by 14.

• pEEwEE
      5:10 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

Tomorrow around 5PM I’ll post the precise spread…you can bet on it!

3. Catlanta
    4:13 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

If we start the game down 14-3 again, then Cats by 8 sounds about right. If we can actually come out playing well, we win by 20+.

4. raccoon
    4:17 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

That seems about right. I don’t see any way we lose this game, just too one-sided in terms of talent, but I can easily see either another slow start or us getting up by 10-15, letting up, and them closing it to 7 at the end.

5. CATSCATSCATS
    4:18 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

Seems fair to me. I fully expect another close first half but we should run away with it in the second. Cats by 15.

6. Air Raid
    4:19 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

Rumblings that Jason Hatcher may want to transfer to the tards. Appears 3 other Trinity boys are looking to transfer to them as well.

• Rei
      4:25 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

k

• RICK
      4:30 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

What are you talking about?

• RealCatsFan
      5:27 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

cough,cough,bullshitcough,cough…

7. brian
    4:21 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

I’m expecting a close first half, but UK’s talent will be to much in the second half. I look for the Cats to win by 10.

8. Andrew
    4:23 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

Listen I live here in Nashville and go ahead and mark this down!!! UK will beat Vandy by 26. Vanderbilt is horrible!!!! They are worse then horrible. I know a couple of high school teams that could give them a run. If you gamble then you better take that bet!!! It will be the easiest money you will ever make.

• Digger
      4:29 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

LISTEN TO ME! LISTEN TO ME!

9. bigabes4uk
    4:28 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

As horrible as they are– and yes I expect a blow out- I would not be surprised in the least if they play out of their minds and keep it close. It’s just what teams like this do to us. They will have walk-ons coming in and hitting their 1st 3s of their career and crap like that. We bring out the best in everyone.

10. Plenty
    4:34 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

I expect that spread to get larger. I say 83-68 cats.

11. Duece Biggilow
    4:35 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

Ball Hair

12. Bradley
    4:37 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

I gamble. A LOT. Trust me when I say that if a line seems to good to be true you should do 1 of 2 things. Stay the hell away from it or bet against what seems so obvious. I’m not saying we WON’T cover, but Vegas knows at -8 all the action is going to come our way. They aren’t stupid. Buyer beware.

• raccoon
      5:36 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

I gamble a lot as well and I agree with you. Looking at this game I think that the line would have to be -12.5 or 13 to get any interest on Vandy. Hell, at -10 you would see 90% going to Kentucky. At 8 it is like they are trying to get everyone to bet Kentucky with heavier volume.

If you look at the John Wall team, it lost or won by 8 or less in 5/8 SEC road games. The Anthony Davis team 2/8, but can you realistically compare this team to the AD team right now? The other two years under Cal, forget about it, we lost most SEC road games.

This will be the second SEC game, the second road game, and this team still has issues with effort.

That said, I’m taking Kentucky. Vandy is so terrible. Kentucky beat Miss. St. by 22 shooting 4/20 from 3. They will do the same against Vandy. There are no guarantees, but the number of things that have to happen to not cover 8 is enough for me to lay a couple down.

13. Kristen Geil's Abs
    4:42 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

Anybody know a good site where you can bet on games online?

14. B-man
    4:45 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

The Cats should win by 20+ points; however, it will be a very close game. I’m saying Vandy by 4 at halftime, then UK ends up winning by 10.

15. raccoon
    5:53 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

Any reason my comment was deleted or was that just a glitch? I know I didn’t say anything wrong.

• raccoon
      5:54 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

Nevermind. Sometimes the interwebs are hard.

16. Marvb
    8:20 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

Tomorrow we’ll find out if Vegas is rigged. If the Cats can’t beat Vandy by 8 anywhere in the world then they are not a top team and Calipari and refs are cheaters. Bet your house people. Sad, sad, sad. UK vs a terrible Vandy team and the spread is only 8. Get freakin real. Number 1-2 pre season ranking, and now were only favored by 8 against a team with 7 scholarship players and their leading scorer missing. Haha. If you can’t win 500,000 against this spread, then someones cheating.

17. Calogic15
    8:38 pm January 10, 2014 Permalink

Bradley is right. Sucker bet. Beware.

18. Bobby Knight's Shrink
    11:32 am January 11, 2014 Permalink

I would be thrilled with a 1 – point victory !