Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 4.58.27 PM

Well, it’s almost what we expected. Kentucky is the two-seed in the South Region and will play 15-seed Northern Kentucky in Indianapolis on Friday. North Carolina is the one-seed in the East, UCLA the three-seed, and Butler the four-seed.

The entire East Region:

bracket C6v_DV0WkAEnwqL

25 Comments for Kentucky is a 2-seed in the South Region, plays Northern Kentucky in Indianapolis on Friday

1. catsarerunnin
    6:05 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

I really wanted to be able to root for the Norse. Thanks a lot Selection Committee.

2. UKsuperdave
    6:08 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

Win the last 11 games. Win the outright and tournament championships. Here’s your prize!

3. NcCatFan75
    6:10 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

Wow. Thats a tough bracket. Ucla at 3?

4. 4everblue
    6:11 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

Once again Duke gets a triple bye!

5. AGSlater
    6:12 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

Big suprise. We get arguably the hardest 2 seed path. Bullshit. Gotta beat UCLA and Carolina to even have a shot at final four. They wanted that wichita srate rematch also. Louisville a 2 seed lol. Duke gets the Villanova easy 2 bracket.

• Fake Donald Trump
      6:26 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

you said it man. UL should be a 3-4 at best. Duke gets yet another easy bracket for the 2 line. UK got jobbed in our region.

Wichita State being drawn for a potential second round game doesn’t bother me as much, but as far as our 1 and 3 seeds, it’s a disaster.

Gonzaga first #1 to be tossed. That really doesn’t need saying though, but, I would like one year for UK to match up with them in the tourney to shut them up. They get overrated almost every year, not necessarily this one, but years past they’ve gotten high seeds with little return.

• catsarerunnin
      6:48 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

Don’t be so skeered.

6. dballrb
    6:13 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

Never fails..

7. mikeintn
    6:21 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

Screwed again.

8. catsarerunnin
    6:25 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

I’m not complaining. When I saw UL as a 2 seed I was thinking UK might be a 3. Not because we deserved a 3. I just don’t trust the committee. I want Wichita St.,UCLA and UNC. Bring them on.

9. keiths
    6:32 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

These selection committees are a frigging joke. Good job goober Mitch getting us the toughest path to the FF. I swear i think i could go down to my local VFW and get 6 or 7 drunks out of there and they would do a better job seeding teams and selections

10. nstewart
    6:36 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

Maybe it’s just me but I feel a sharp pain right up KY’s a$$. Oh well Cal’s got this.

11. maximumscott
    6:43 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

We are a better defensive team now than we were against UCLA and UNC. Both teams burned us on PickRoll offense. Plus, we didnt have an emergent Hawkins as a defensive bulldog for opposing PGs. We are much better defensively. UCLa is good though. Will be a good game, but as long as they keep progressing we should be more than ready for them.

12. maximumscott
    6:43 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

We are in Indu and Memphis. Aka Homecourt! Cheer up.

13. UKsuperdave
    6:43 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

Damn shouldn’t the NCAA at least have to take the team to dinner before they do that.

14. WeareBBN
    6:49 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

UCLA is where they deserve….people they were 3rd in their conference and beat easily in their conf tourney. Just cause we lost to them does not mean they are great. UCLA plays no D at all. UNC got easiest draw for 1 seed to get to elite 8. And to gripe about Loserville getting a 2, you know we lost to them and they play in a conference that has many very good teams and they may get Michigan in 2nd game. Agree dUKe seems to have an easy road but really they should be a 1 seed, just beat UL, UNC and ND in 3 days, could we do that?

• maximumscott
      7:47 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

We could if UNC UL and ND pooped the bed in the 2nd half. Duke didnt win any of those games. ND UL amd UNC failed to close them out.

• T-wah
      8:08 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

Very impressed with your objective logic. Very rare for these message boards. I think you are exactly right on all points. I love the BBN and am crazy ’bout my Cats, but let’s shut up and just play ball. We’re not in the bracket selection room, so our speculation and assumptions are just frivolous. Bring on NKU! #letswin6

• catsarerunnin
      8:39 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

Yes please shut up.

15. Ridge Runner
    6:58 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

At first glance, looks like comittee copied and pasted Lunardis from ESPN. Then spent rest of this weekend eating snacks and sh!t…

16. BiasedBigfoot
    7:41 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

Boooo!! Kansas!! Booooo!!! UCLA!!!! Literally the two teams I did not want to face.

17. UKfanman01
    7:41 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

Good Lord above. Duke and Arizona got the graces of the NCAA this year… It doesn’t shock me that UK is in the bracket they are. Guess we’ll have to see what Cal and the Cats learned from the first match this year. At least UK will be able to say, if they cut the nets, they earned a title.

• rosquirto