Kentucky getting its own Kobe 11 PE

@heidiburgett

The University of Kentucky has already gotten its own Nike Free Trainer 5.0 — which sold out in a matter of minutes — and, most recently, the Nike LeBron Soldier 9, released earlier this month.

Now it looks like UK will get its own version of the Nike Kobe 11, along with Michigan State, Duke and Oregon.

The above photo is the only one we can find, but here’s an example of another Kobe 11 for an idea of how UK’s might look.

This new shoe addiction is getting expensive.

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for Kentucky getting its own Kobe 11 PE

1. RealCatsFan
    5:25 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

Hmmm, another low cut basketball shoe – the high-top / low-top debate regarding sprained ankles will rage on. Personally, I prefer a high top with good lateral support. Have dealt with too many high and low ankle sprains.

2. Cat68
    5:38 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

Not a fan of these shoes. Again, Nike running out of ideas.

3. thabeast

Ulis was wearing ky ride Irving’s I believe

5. kenny
    5:50 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

Kyrie

6. SanDiegoCats
    5:52 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

We’re we able to purchase the LBJ shoes? Will we get to buy the Kobe’s? I have the free runs but don’t want to wear them since I paid way more than they’re worth thanks to people buying them in the first 2 seconds and turning around and selling them on eBay for 10x more.

• smackdab
      6:17 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

Yes, we could buy the LBJ, i got my pair for $140. You can actually still by the UK Lebron Zoom Soldier 9’s on nike’s website and a few others, for around $140. I just read that the Kobe’s aren’t going to be available to the public, only players. And yeah, that sucked about the free trainer’s, luckily I got them on the last site KSR people were talking about, academy dot com.

• philthebreeze
      7:06 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

LBJ pair is very comfortable. You can get them on Footlocker, Champs, Eastbay, etc. The Kobe’s with the flyknit look a lot better in person, you can customize your own on Nike’s website.

• sethery
      12:46 am February 25, 2016 Permalink

You can get them for $140. I know that a good portion of the Hibbett Sports stores in the state got a size run of the LBJ Soldier IX PE’s and some of them still have plenty of them. I’d check their if you were trying to get a pair. Footlocker and champs are good options too.

7. No red in a UK blue shoe!

• cayts94
      10:36 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

The red is symbolic for the stitching of Kobe’s Achilles’ tendon.