Kentucky falls to No. 13 and 14 in new polls

cal-lsu

As expected, Kentucky dropped from its top ten ranking in the AP and USA Today coaches polls, following last week’s loss at LSU.

The Cats are now ranked 14th in the AP and 13th in the USA Today, down from the previous ranking of ninth and eighth.

Texas A&M and South Carolina are the only two other representatives from the SEC and Kentucky will play each on the road this season.

1-11-poll

Article written by Drew Franklin

6 Comments for Kentucky falls to No. 13 and 14 in new polls

1. winagain1
    1:58 pm January 11, 2016 Permalink

Yet SMU is undefeated and not ranked? I don’t know about this poll..

• The Rest of the story
      2:24 pm January 11, 2016 Permalink

South Carolina is undefeated too and not ranked. Hmm maybe winning against a bunch of no body’s does you no good huh. Sure SC beat Vandy but that team was way overrated to start with and lost on the road so not that big a deal.

• The Rest of the story
      2:26 pm January 11, 2016 Permalink

Oops my bad there they are at number 15 sorry all you Gamecocks fans. Still have not beaten a ranked team yet.

• Booby Petrino
      2:33 pm January 11, 2016 Permalink

yeah SMU hasn’t played anyone good. And maybe they are taking into account that they cheat and are on a post season ban.

2. KYboy
    2:32 pm January 11, 2016 Permalink

Rankings are overrated! I am talking about team and player rankings.

South Carolina Is a solid team who probably deserves a little more respect. SMU is getting no love and other teams are getting to much but that’s just the way it goes.

How can Skal still be projected in the top 8? Would you draft him on potential alone when as of late he isn’t even getting on the floor. I things start to click with him but don’t think this deep into the season it will. Go Cats

• Sentient Third Eye
      2:59 pm January 11, 2016 Permalink

He may still have sky-is-the-limit potential, but the learning curve is a long one for him because he still has to physically develop and learn to play man-ball. Given that the standard rookie contract is three years, that would scare me if I had a high pick. I wouldn’t want to spend millions developing the kid only to have him go free agent as soon as he’s any good. For that reason, Skal will not be a lottery pick unless he can prove he’s not going to take three years to pay off.