Kentucky dropped two spots in the AP poll

Troy Taormina | USATSI

Troy Taormina

Troy Taormina

After staying put at No. 14 in the USA Today coaches poll, Kentucky fell two places to No. 16 in the AP.

Here’s a look at that poll:

2-22-poll2

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for Kentucky dropped two spots in the AP poll

1. Blue_Cat75
    2:29 pm February 22, 2016 Permalink

Duke lost and moved up 5 spots, SMH.

• Mathlete
      2:40 pm February 22, 2016 Permalink

Moved up 1 in the Coaches poll too, everything in college hoops must be back to normal.

2. jaws2
    2:43 pm February 22, 2016 Permalink

Funny, my brother predicted the Duke move! Makes you want to puke doesn’t it? He also said a week ago that if Duke won at they’d be a No 1 seed. By the look of things that could happen as well.

3. BUCats
    2:50 pm February 22, 2016 Permalink

I feel pretty confident about March if Louisville is considered the 11th best team in the country.

4. eyebleedblue
    2:54 pm February 22, 2016 Permalink

IF we can get healthy for March, is there a team that would want to play us on a “neutral” court? Because barring a west region assignment, tourney games are more home games than neutral for us. Plus, our team is eerily similar to the 2 UCONN teams with Shabazz and Kemba with us having Tyler and there being no dominant team.

5. secrick
    3:10 pm February 22, 2016 Permalink

Hasn’t l-ville lost 2 out of it’s last four games and ranked 11th and havent we won 4 of the last 5 games. I could be wrong.

6. TerrierCat
    3:18 pm February 22, 2016 Permalink

The Tourney is wide open for the most part. It should be a fun one, but could also be frustrating. If the Cats can get healthy, play some D, and get some boards out of the frontcourt, big things could happen. Similarly, disaster could strike.

Additionally, I hope the refs aren’t as big a storyline in March as they’ve been throughout the season – and not just UK games. They’ve been terrible all-around in many games.

7. 2thepoint
    3:40 pm February 22, 2016 Permalink

I also said that Duke would move up and KY down if UK lost on the road! Losing Willis might have had something to do with some ballots being cast lower. I also doubt we will be seeing Willis until the SEC tourney is then.

8. UKALLDAY1
    3:54 pm February 22, 2016 Permalink

Duke is terrible, I never seen a team FLOP SO MUCH, and then they GET THE FOUL CALL. Grayson Allen falls down like 15 times a game, he literally spends most of the game on the ground. This is going to be a Mercer year for them. They are not good.

9. UKfanman01
    4:34 pm February 22, 2016 Permalink

Don’t see why people get upset. Duke is always given easiest run to championship game. NCAA are gonna make certain Duke is set up come tourney time. I’m willing to say they could lose out the rest of the year and still end up a 4 or 5 seed.

10. Rixter
    9:22 pm February 22, 2016 Permalink

I’d love to know if, in the history of the poll, a team has ever lost a game, and moved up 20% in the rankings.
    Must have been one helluva game, the 2 teams moved up a combined 12 spots!

• Rixter
      9:23 pm February 22, 2016 Permalink

Is there any doubt that Duke will be Top 10 next Monday, win or lose?