Kentucky down to a 2-seed in latest Bracketology

UK Athletics

UK Athletics

UK Athletics

As expected, Kentucky took a tumble in Joe Lunardi’s latest Bracketology, falling from the #1-seed in the South to the #2-seed in the South. Technically, yes, that is a dip, but I’ll take this bracket any day and twice on Sunday:

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 12.40.28 PM

Still get to play the first two rounds in Indy and potentially play Baylor in Memphis? Let’s do it. Print it up right now. Lunardi’s other 1-seeds are Villanova, Gonzaga, and Kansas, meaning that a win over the Jayhawks Saturday would surely boost the Cats up onto the top line.

Still, not a bad bracket.

[ESPN]

11 Comments for Kentucky down to a 2-seed in latest Bracketology

1. Cayyuuuts2
    5:26 pm January 26, 2017 Permalink

I would pay money to have this bracket. Let’s be honest, we will likely have a bracket where we have to play teams like Notre Dame, UL, or UNC before we even crack the Sweet 16.

2. CatBlue in LR
    5:56 pm January 26, 2017 Permalink

I sooo want this. Can we lock this in now?

3. runningunnin.454
    6:10 pm January 26, 2017 Permalink

When is this guy going to just stop? Any one of us could make brackets that would make as much sense as his.

• symphonist41169
      8:05 am January 27, 2017 Permalink

Thank you! Once the Selection Committee starts releasing early #1 seeds Lunardi is going to be even more irrelevant than he already is. I don’t know why anyone gets worked up one way or the other over his “predictions”.

4. tmurphy
    7:24 pm January 26, 2017 Permalink

I would rather be in that bracket as a 2 seed than be a 1 seed and not have it

5. AGSlater
    9:23 pm January 26, 2017 Permalink

Butler could be hardest in thia bracket to beat

• Cayyuuuts2
      1:49 am January 27, 2017 Permalink

Virginia dismantled UL in Louisville. That’s something that we couldn’t do. I see them as being the biggest threat in this bracket. One thing that’s for sure, Baylor is the most overrated 1 seed in America.

6. serdi
    6:59 am January 27, 2017 Permalink

It would be so nice to have a bracket like this. There are really no “gotchas”. No Louisville, West Virginia, North Carolina, Michigan State’s etc that the are mental outs. The brackets presented is a Duke or Kansas bracket

7. 2Dogs
    8:47 am January 27, 2017 Permalink

Why does Lunardi get any attention prior to March? He’s pretty accurate at picking the field but as far seeds and locations does he know any more than the rest of us?