Kentucky currently at 50-1 odds to win the title

Once considered one of the favorites to win the NCAA tournament, Kentucky’s title odds have fallen all the way to 50/1 as the regular season winds down. The Wildcats opened the season at 7/1 odds, which made them the preseason favorite, along with Duke, which was also at 7/1.

There are now 22 other teams in front of Kentucky on the list, beginning with Villanova at 9/2.

Team Odds Team Odds
North Carolina 25/1 Providence 80/1
Wichita State 25/1 Creighton 80/1
Gonzaga 25/1 Texas 100/1
Florida 33/1 NC State 100/1
Alabama 33/1 Houston 100/1
Oklahoma 40/1 St. John’s 100/1

Do I think Kentucky will win it all? No.

Do I like my return on investment if Kentucky somehow does win it all? Yes.

I’m on it.

Article written by Drew Franklin

25 Comments for Kentucky currently at 50-1 odds to win the title

1. Headhurts
    5:03 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

Well, we were the favorite in 2015……what that get us? 50-1 is a chance to make $$$ in cal I trust.

2. bbnZach
    5:14 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

We’re winning it all.

• syrin23
      10:51 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

Here’s the thing. Right now we are playing championship caliber defense and rebounding which means they will be in every game they play. If we have offensive production of any sort, it is a possibility. This team, unfortunately, hasn’t shown that it can beat 6 quality teams in a row.

• BigBlueNationDude
      11:36 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

Agree syrin

3. brian
    5:18 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

5th best odds in the SEC even…

4. cats646
    5:20 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

We definitely have as good a chance as anyone else. Why not? I think this team will make one heck of a run and hopefully can do something really special and bring us that title.

5. ukcamel
    5:21 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

That’s actually surprising to me. This team is in way better shape than 2014 and if Julius Randle hadn’t gotten hurt I think we beat UConn (of course the 4 wins before that required some end-of-game luck).

Not that we should be 7-1, but closer to 25-1 I’m my opinion. So I took a flier on Bovada.

• ukcamel
      5:23 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

I mean this team is in better shape than 2014 team in late-February. Each team is different and you can’t always find the right “tweak.”

6. Ukcatzfan2
    5:22 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

number 1-2 ranked recruiting and the same odds as st mary…..?????????

7. Catcasey1
    5:31 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

Where would a person go to par ta in something like this wager stuff

8. Rixter
    5:31 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

Thanks. Based on Drew’s recommendation, my wife has agreed to let me put this month’s mortgage $$ on Kentucky to win it all.

9. BigBlueNationDude
    5:56 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

Dont waste your money ppl

10. henderblue
    6:24 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

If Wichita St is 25-1 we should be, oh I don’t know, 10-1.

11. jaws2
    6:46 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

I’ve already placed $100 on this. I like the odds. St Mary’s, really? I’ve seen them play and expect them to be gone in the 1st round if they draw any team worth a damn.

12. billyclydegillispie
    7:02 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

Buddy of mine once said, load up on cayts in this situation. Bet enough against them each round to get initial bet back. can’t lose.

13. wes720
    7:05 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

Where can I? bet this besides Vegas that actually pays the 50-1 odds?

14. King_tucky
    7:27 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

So your saying there’s a chance!!

15. runningunnin.454
    7:29 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

Safe bet is no bet. Not on the bounce of the ball, and the ref’s whistle.

16. 4everUKblue
    7:53 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

Then there is this……..

“This goes a lot deeper in college basketball than four corrupt assistant coaches,” one of Thamel’s sources said. “When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won’t be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated.”

Those 16 teams, in case you were wondering: 1. Virginia 2. Villanova 3. Xavier 4. Purdue 5. Auburn 6. Kansas 7. Duke 8. Cincinnati 9. Clemson 10. Texas Tech 11. Michigan State 12. North Carolina 13. Tennessee 14. Ohio State 15. Arizona 16. Oklahoma.

• BlueDeuce
      10:21 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

LOL! The amount of references to UK and Coach Cal are funny! One thing on that message board that holds true here as well is that if Duke and UNC are part of this, nothing will happen to them!
      That was entertaining…thanks for the link!

17. RexRox
    10:03 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

Not saying the Cats are going to win but definitely an overlay.

18. zielritter
    10:05 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

Someone already beat me to the Dumb and Dumber reference.

19. rcope58
    10:49 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

Thanks for the link 4everUK blue! I must confess that I was a little nervous when the report was released saying that, “if you had a first round pick in the last three years you should be worried.” But I could not believe that KAT would do that. I also don’t believe Cal has to do that.

20. az1006
    11:02 pm February 22, 2018 Permalink

This team is starting to click like the 2011 squad did late…And the landscape of college basketball is similar. We will have as good a chance as anybody else. Keep playing defense and rebounding like this, we will be in every game we play. Move the ball and knock down some shots? We will have a chance to win every game we play. Things have changed a lot in a week’s time.