KSR’s Jack Pilgrim is joined by Travis Graf and David Sisk of Cats Illustrated for episode 55 of the Sources Say Podcast, where the trio discuss Nolan Hickman’s commitment to Kentucky, UK cutting ties with Brandon Huntley-Hatfield, and the latest with other big-name UK targets.
Then, the brand new Kentucky commitment joins the show with his head coach to break down his surprise announcement, what he hopes to bring to the table in Lexington, and his desire to be the best point guard in the nation.
Before speaking with the special guests, the Sources Say crew starts the show by discussing Hickman’s abrupt commitment and what it means to the program.
- How big of a surprise was the commitment?
- Where should he be ranked? Who is closer to being correct, 247Sports (No. 30) or Rivals (No. 76)? Neither?
- Is Hickman the perfect John Calipari point guard?
- How excited should Kentucky be for his addition?
- Previewing the interviews
Pilgrim, Graf, and Sisk then discuss Kentucky cutting ties with Brandon Huntley-Hatfield, along with other recruiting notes.
- Where did things fall through on both sides? What happened?
- Outside factors leading to the decision
- Frustration on Kentucky’s end
- Where does UK look from here?
- Do they have other options lined up?
- Bryce Hopkins, Hunter Sallis, Daimion Collins, and more
Nolan Hickman and his coach then join the show to discuss the major commitment.
- How did the surprise commitment come to fruition? Who all was in on the surprise?
- Why Kentucky?
- Is Hickman prepared for the UK spotlight?
- Who is he recruiting to join him in Lexington?
- Hickman’s coach compares his game to two former Kentucky stars
- Could he end up being the No. 1 point guard in high school basketball?
- Why rankings don’t matter to him
- What is the newest Wildcat like off the court?
- Who are his favorite characters from The Office?
Watch the entire show – including KSR’s interview with Hickman and his coach – below:
Missed last week’s episode? You can find it, along with all future episodes, by subscribing to the official Sources Say Podcast feed on iTunes right here.
Not on iTunes listener? You can also subscribe to the show on Spotify.