This is not the Kentucky Basketball news you’re waiting for, but the SEC just revealed the home-and-away matchups for each team in the league for the upcoming season.
Kentucky’s permanent home-and-away opponents remain Florida, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt. In the 2019-20 season, the Cats will also play Auburn and Georgia twice in the regular season. They’ll also host Alabama, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Missouri and travel to Arkansas, LSU, South Carolina, and Texas A&M. That’s a little confusing in words, so here it is in a nifty chart courtesy of UK:
|2019-20 SEC Home Games||2019-20 SEC Away Games|
|Mississippi State||South Carolina|
My main takeaway? Thank goodness we only have to play LSU once. Also, this gives me a chance to knock Baton Rouge off my SEC bucket list.
Dates and additional non-conference opponents will be released at a later time. Here’s the non-conference schedule as we know it:
- Nov. 5 – vs. Michigan State | Madison Square Garden | New York | State Farm Champions Classic
- Nov. 8 – Eastern Kentucky| Rupp Arena | Lexington
- Nov. 12 – Evansville | Rupp Arena | Lexington
- Dec. 18 – Utah | T-Mobile Arena | Las Vegas
- Dec. 21 – Ohio State | T-Mobile Arena | Las Vegas | CBS Sports Classic
And a nifty graphic from Craig Pinkerton so you can see each team’s draw.