Kentucky Basketball FACE SWAP!

karlanthonycousins

I’ll admit that I’m not totally hip on what’s new and happening with the kids these days, but I do know about SnapChat’s Face Swap feature. It’s pretty much what it sounds like: you and a friend take a selfie and SnapChat swaps your faces. Now, you can also swap faces on pre-existing pictures. It’s not always perfect, but most of the time, it’s good for some laughs.

So, I did what any KSR blogger would do: I spent the day swapping faces of our favorite Cats with other people. How did it turn out? I’ll let you be the judge.

John Calipari and Coach K

IMG_0330 IMG_0331

Each option is disturbing to everyone but Marques Bolden, who has discovered his new dream coach.

John Calipari and Mark Stoops

IMG_0335

John Calipari and Rick Pitino

IMG_0338

Pitinopari looks like Joe Pesci, don’t you think? No, really, he does:

(Original photo by the Herald Leader)

(Original photo by the Herald Leader)

John Calipari and Bill Clinton

IMG_0334

John Calipari and Tom Crean

IMG_0339

Crean’s creepiness dominates both pictures.

John Calipari and Anthony Davis

IMG_0333

Calipari looks pretty sassy with that unibrow.

John Calipari, Anthony Davis, and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

IMG_0343

Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

IMG_0342

Karl Towns, Anthony Davis, and DeMarcus Cousins

karlanthonycousins

I’ll take all three of those guys for my team, please.

DeMarcus Cousins and John Wall

IMG_0344

Devin Booker and Tyler Ulis

IMG_0328IMG_0318

Ulis really resembles Drake in this one:

IMG_0316

Tim Couch and Rich Brooks

IMG_0311

Matt and Tom Crean

IMG_0324

Matt and Bobby Knight

IMG_0325

That could give you nightmares.

Matt, Drew, and Ryan

IMG_0313

Is it just me or does Drew look a lot like John Short here?

Matt, Ryan, Shannon, and Drew

IMG_0347

Pictures like this are when you know it’s time to put down the Face Swap.

18 Comments for Kentucky Basketball FACE SWAP!

1. Broski
    8:54 pm May 10, 2016 Permalink

Top left Cal/K looks like mitt Romney. And briscoe’s face on Tyler looks like an actual person. Also, Matt on Knight looks like a young BK/Old Matt Jones

2. Suffering Fools
    9:03 pm May 10, 2016 Permalink

Good heavens! Coach K with Cal’s face is the late William Schallert!

3. darthblue
    9:16 pm May 10, 2016 Permalink

gracious! it is definitely post-basketball season with limited stuff to report…

4. xSoFine69o
    9:20 pm May 10, 2016 Permalink

Crean’s face on Calipari’s head looks like Pat Forde.

• 25OR624
      5:50 am May 11, 2016 Permalink

Agreed. So does the pic of CAL with Clinton’s face. Both reminded me of Pat Forde.

5. Luether
    10:20 pm May 10, 2016 Permalink

Stupid…

6. Irememberharrylancaster
    10:26 pm May 10, 2016 Permalink

Why??

7. MegatonRange
    11:12 pm May 10, 2016 Permalink

Slow news day, huh? One suggestion, when it’s this slow again, just don’t post.

8. Angelo
    1:10 am May 11, 2016 Permalink

dumb and dumber….

9. CATandMONKEY
    1:35 am May 11, 2016 Permalink

No swap for Andrew and Aarron?

10. cats42301
    2:10 am May 11, 2016 Permalink

I for one am just so sick of people who must lead such a sad depressing life that they think they have to post mean,smart ass, non-provoked comments with the soul purpose of hurting someone else. In the case the comments about this post directed at Tyler. If you don’t like what she posts then don’t read it, move on and get on with your day. Why do you feel it’s necessary to make some comment that serves no purpose than trying to hurt the blogger who posted it. This country has become so hateful in the way we treat each other and I am totally sick of it. Its time for decent people to stand up to these social bullies who apparently make themselves feel good by hurting others. Those of you who posted the smart comments here directed at Tyler, why don’t you stand up and be real men and apologize? I know I can’t be alone, others must get tired of mean spirited, crabby people like I do I hope? I
    Sure I’ll hear from the very people I’m talking about in comments but that’s OK, you’ll just prove who I’m talking about.

• symphonist41169
      8:13 am May 11, 2016 Permalink

A couple of the reasons “this country has become so hateful in the way we treat each other” are:
      1) Backlash against political correctness run amuck over the past 25-30 years. People have been afraid for far too long to express their honest opinions for fear of being labelled a bigot or chauvinist by the bleeding hearts.
      2) The explosion of “reality” shows like “Jersey Shore”, “Real Housewives”, etc. that thrive on drama so the producers encourage the casts to say the most rude things to each other possible in order to drive up ratings.

• chimichanga
      8:33 am May 11, 2016 Permalink

“People have been afraid for far too long to express their honest opinions for fear of being labelled a bigot or chauvinist by the bleeding hearts.”

And now with the internet gift of anonymity, you guys are free to be the small, cowardly jackasses you long to be without the reprisals you would deservedly receive in real life.

Just be a decent person and respect others. Stop making excuses for your sh*tty behavior.

• symphonist41169
      8:42 am May 11, 2016 Permalink

Respecting others includes respecting others’ opinions they have even if you find it offensive. Most of “us guys” have enough of a sense of decency to keep expressed opinions civil rather than reverting to calling people cowardly jackasses and calling their behavior “sh*tty”.

• chimichanga
      10:45 am May 11, 2016 Permalink

You rationalize hateful behavior when you label it “backlash against political correctness”. I’d say people are angry, depressed, and frustrated, and intent on sharing their misery with others–to me, that’s a much more honest and accurate assessment. Whereas yours is simply shifting blame and getting further from the truth.

While internet comments don’t mean much, in real life there is a cost for letting ignorance flourish unchecked. And that’s a hard switch for some of us to turn off, especially those of us raising and teaching kids.

11. The Original WTF Guy
    3:09 am May 11, 2016 Permalink

Cats42301, while what you say is most definitely true (don’t read it if you don’t like it) there are two issues I will raise. First, just like anything, if those no one ever expresses dissatisfaction (or satisfaction) with things, how will providers know what is and is not demanded? In other words, people need to let MTT, or anyone else, know how worthless a post like this is so they will refrain from doing it in the future. To that point, it’s not so much the post but rather that you have to scroll so long to get used to it. If I wanted to see a bunch of disturbing faces I’d look at a Ted Cruz gallery.

As to MTT, there is a reason you are not up on what the kids are doing these days – you are not one of them. And my guess is that is true of many of us who regularly read this site. I know this place was founded on the premise of covering UK sports in the “most ridiculous manner possible” but there has to be a limit on even that. While I won’t suggest a strong correlation between readers here and callers to the show, it’s pretty obvious callers to the radio show are not “the kids.” I have no idea if there is any research done regarding the demos of who reads the site, but it’s possible they are closer than one might suspect.

Part of the problem, IMHO, was the decision to no longer do the late night summary post. What we have been getting is a late night post but it is generally moving something from earlier in the day to the top or something like this. It’s obvious Matt has moved on from the website and as he and others have I find myself coming over less and less. Would be interesting to see what the numbers say as it’s quite possible I am an outlier.

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      8:21 am May 11, 2016 Permalink

Suppose what you’re saying is true and our demographic skews older these days (I bet it does, especially on the radio show, which can be a totally different audience). That makes targeting a younger demographic with posts like this all the more important. Not that that was my intent with this post — honestly, the Face Swaps are funny to me — but as a business, it is smart to broaden your demographic as much as possible.

Also, for all those complaining about the end of the night posts going away, they aren’t really, they’re just now scheduled for the morning. The thought behind this (Matt’s decision) was to focus on the day ahead instead of recapping all of the news of the day before.

And don’t worry, our numbers are just fine. Thanks for your concern.

12. kjd
    7:38 am May 11, 2016 Permalink

Cats42301: Mrs T is a big girl, she can handle it. Comments of all varieties are to be expected when posting on a blog. I agree civility is quickly disappearing.
    The way you came charging in like a knight in shining armor to defend the fair lady, could you perhaps be sweet on Mrs T?
    No, no Cats. Not being mean. Just trying to inject a little humor.