Kentucky back to a No. 1 seed in new Bracketology

fox-monk

ESPN’s Joe Lunardi released his tenth Bracketology of the 2016-17 season today and it features Kentucky as one of the four No. 1 seeds for the first time since before the loss to UCLA in early December.

In this one, Lunardi has the Cats in the South region playing the CSU Northridge/New Orleans winner in Indianapolis to start the tournament. A rematch with Michigan State or ninth-seeded Dayton would wait in Round 2 for a spot to advance to the next weekend. After that, Oregon or Xavier would likely be the Sweet Sixteen matchup; then Baylor or North Carolina (as a No. 3 seed) would likely be the final hurdle before the Final Four.

south10

Your thoughts?

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for Kentucky back to a No. 1 seed in new Bracketology

1. catsfan27
    1:08 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

Definitely wouldn’t mind this

2. Blue_Cat75
    1:15 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

This will all change, of course, but I like our chances with this one. A long shot UK/SC matchup would be nice.

3. az1006
    1:41 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

I like it except for two things: 1, possible rematch with Michigan State, who will likely be undervalued regardless of where they’re seeded because of early-season struggles (much like our 2014 squad), and 2, a possible rematch with UNC with a Final Four berth on the line. It took all we had to squeak by them once…Would be really difficult to do it again.

4. kenny
    1:48 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

I’d rather not see unc in kentucky’s bracket. It took an amazing performance to barely win the first game.

5. GuitarHeroLee
    2:01 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

This wouldn’t exactly be the easiest road ever. Izzo in the 2nd round, an Oregon team that just beat UCLA in the sweet 16, and UNC to go to the Final Four? Very tough. The only good thing about this bracket is having Baylor as the 2 seed, but they would never make it past UNC.

6. ukallday69
    2:36 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

LOVE IT

7. CatBlue in LR
    2:41 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

Let’s go to Memphis. I’m ready!

8. jdhays21
    3:37 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

The rest of the brackets are a cake walk compared to this one.

9. RealCatsFan
    3:40 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

I’m good with it, but as others have said, a rematch (and revenge factor) against UNC would be worrisome. I think we would overpower Oregon – not especially worried about them. They caught UCLA overlooking them at home. I also think we could beat MSU again, but UNC would be tough.

Still, at the end of the day, it’s the NCAA tournament – you are going to have to play some really good teams no matter what.

10. tclas
    6:39 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

Sweet!

11. catsarerunnin
    7:01 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

I don’t see UL and they will defiantly put UCLA in our bracket unless both are 1 seeds.