It’s time to save the date for a pair of Kentucky basketball games.
Thursday afternoon UK Athletics formally announced the addition of two non-conference basketball games in the 2019-2020 season. Following the Champions Classic duel with Michigan State, the Wildcats will host the Eastern Kentucky Colonels Friday, November 8. Four days later on November 12, the Evansville Purple Aces will travel to Rupp Arena.
It’s a homecoming for each second-year head coach. EKU’s AW Hamilton helped Scott County win a Sweet 16 title in 1998 and a runner-up finish at Rupp Arena in 1999. In McCarty’s playing days, the 6’10” shooter made 40% of his three-pointers and 51.4% of his field goals to average 9.2 points per game. A member of Rick Pitino’s 1996 National Championship team, McCarty’s corner three-pointer in 1994 capped off the Mardi Gras Miracle at LSU.
A look at the 2019-20 Kentucky basketball schedule as we currently know it:
- Michigan State — Tuesday, November 5, Madison Square Garden
- Eastern Kentucky — Friday, November 8, Rupp Arena
- Evansville — Tuesday, November 11, Rupp Arena
- Utah — Wednesday, December 18, Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena
- Ohio State — Saturday, December 21, Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena