Cats and Cards in same region in new Bracketology

pitino-calipari

Joe Lunardi’s new Bracketology is out and it has Kentucky traveling to Indianapolis for its first weekend in the South Region.

And should the Cats run through Texas Southern/Weber State and Iowa State/Princeton as the region’s No. 1 seed, fourth-seeded Louisville would likely await in the Sweet Sixteen.

11-17-bracket

Lunardi’s other three No. 1 seeds? Duke, North Carolina and Villanova, with Duke on the same side of the bracket as Kentucky.

See Lunardi’s entire Bracketology update here.

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for Cats and Cards in same region in new Bracketology

1. Badboy
    1:09 pm November 18, 2016 Permalink

Like this means anything at this point?

He is mostly wrong on both seeds and region placement even at the end of the season, much less the beginning.

I have to hand it to Lunardi, though. He has parleyed useless guesses into a fortune.

• KatsKlaws
      4:04 pm November 18, 2016 Permalink

Here! Here! I second the above post …and raise to to the level of Lunardi being a dumbass!

• UK Big Board Update
      5:31 pm November 18, 2016 Permalink

Man, you all get seriously pissed off about that dude.

• UK Big Board Update
      5:40 pm November 18, 2016 Permalink

So some internet tough guy who lives in La Grange, KY, who by all accounts has never met Joe Lunardi, doesn’t know him personally, or his family and children, finds it easy to refer to him as a dumbass because his occupation is putting together tournament hypotheticals for ESPN?

• KatsKlaws
      6:09 pm November 18, 2016 Permalink

I sure do have an opinion, and I can type mine just as well as every other (let me be nice) person that thinks there thoughts are something the world cares to know…personally I just think it’s dumb to even be talking about tournament brackets in November and that’s how I expressed it….so there!

• UK Big Board Update
      6:22 pm November 18, 2016 Permalink

Damn, you are really angry.

Well, personally I think you’re a dumbass who still doesn’t understand the difference between “there, they’re, and their”… but that’s just me.

2. BigBlueMeade
    1:10 pm November 18, 2016 Permalink

This would be a blessing of a bracket. Sadly it is a long way until we get to March. Probably gonna have UL, IU, and WV in our bracket again. Or try to throw Michigan State in it too as a “rematch”.

• runningunnin.454
      1:26 pm November 18, 2016 Permalink

Very true; so what else is new? I would like to play some different teams for a change. What’s sad, the NCAA thinks the same way he does.

• RealCatsFan
      3:18 pm November 18, 2016 Permalink

You forgot Wisconsin and UConn.

3. J-Dub421
    2:49 pm November 18, 2016 Permalink

Good. I love knocking U of L out of the tournament.

4. onlyone
    2:51 pm November 18, 2016 Permalink

I for one am shocked, has this EVER happened before?

5. RealCatsFan
    3:23 pm November 18, 2016 Permalink

I didn’t bother to click the link to see what the other brackets look like. Since Duke and UNC won’t have the option to play their first round cupcake in their own back yard this year, what did the NCAA do with them. Did they just give them a bye?

6. bluemoonofkentucky
    4:48 pm November 18, 2016 Permalink

the only more ridiculous waste of time than this early speculation is me taking
    my time to type this response.

7. EdC
    5:14 pm November 18, 2016 Permalink

What do the >20 predictors who are better than hack Lunardi have to say. Between the checkered uniform angst and caring what a hack predictor say you guys are just too much sometimes.

8. EdC
    5:15 pm November 18, 2016 Permalink

Here’s where Lunardi ranks with his peers: http://bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html