Kentucky also a 2-seed in latest ESPN Bracketology

Kentucky’s win over Auburn was enough for CBS Sports’ Jerry Palm to boost the Cats to a two-seed in his Bracketology; ESPN’s Joe Lunardi agrees, putting the Cats at the bottom of the East bracket, opposite…Duke.

Are we over that game yet? My head says yes, but I also just gulped and shuddered a little bit, so maybe not.

Regardless, Lunardi’s other 1-seeds are Virginia (South), Michigan State (West), and Tennessee (Midwest). He has seven SEC teams in as of now: Tennessee (1), Kentucky (2), Auburn (5), LSU (5), Ole Miss (7), Mississippi State (7), and Florida (12).

Check out the entire field at ESPN.com.

[mobile_ad]

12 Comments for Kentucky also a 2-seed in latest ESPN Bracketology

1. az1006
    5:11 pm January 22, 2019 Permalink

Duke is very good, there’s no question. But they haven’t come close to playing as well as they did against us in any game since. They’re not unbeatable, clearly. Realistically, the way we’re playing, we actually match up with them about as well as you could ask. And, you’ve got to think if we ended up seeing them again down the road (which, basketball gods tend to do), our guys would be JACKED to get some payback. I’d take that bracket today.

2. Jpcat15
    5:17 pm January 22, 2019 Permalink

I thought high seeds are supposed to get to play close to home? Shouldn’t UK at a 2 seed be put in the South? I know it is early to even care, but putting them in East without a chance to play in Louisville if they advance to regionals doesn’t make sense to me.

• Ez21
      5:23 pm January 22, 2019 Permalink

They can’t put UT as a 1 there and us as the 2 seed.

3. UKPROF
    5:24 pm January 22, 2019 Permalink

and if they do not lose a single game between now and the NCAA Tournament, I bet we are a 1 seed…ya think?!!

4. bigblue98
    5:48 pm January 22, 2019 Permalink

Dream scenario is we get 1 in South and Duke gets 2, and they come to Louisville. Talking about home court advantage.

5. terwilliger
    6:11 pm January 22, 2019 Permalink

Lol let’s put Dook in a bracket where the 2 and 3 seeds are teams they have already beaten. Smdh.

6. zoupman
    6:43 pm January 22, 2019 Permalink

Who cares? It’s Jan?

7. chief_cat
    6:56 pm January 22, 2019 Permalink

Is this the Lone Star bracket? Six of seventeen teams are from Texas.
    Go CATS!!

8. shelby
    10:19 pm January 22, 2019 Permalink

The committee will do everything humanly possible to put duke in the DC regional. I believe it’s us or UT for the 1 and 2 in the Louisville regional. At least I’m hoping—i have 4 tickets?

9. JaxWildcat
    8:09 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

I would be thrilled to have them here in Jacksonville!

See #BBN in Gainesville next weekend.