Kentucky a 5-seed in the latest Bracketology

If the NCAA Tournament started today, what would Kentucky’s seed be? According to Joe Lunardi, Kentucky would be a 5-seed in the South Region, playing its opening round games in Denver:

Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 1.44.33 PM

The South Regional is in Louisville, so I have no problem with this projection.

CBS Sports’ Jerry Palm also has the Cats in the South Regional, but as a 6-seed, playing their opening games in Providence (I’m not sure why Lunardi has Denver as a South site and Palm Spokane):

cbsbracket0118

Denver vs. Spokane…who ya got?

10 Comments for Kentucky a 5-seed in the latest Bracketology

1. OwenCountyCat
    4:05 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

I think it may be possible to improve to a 3 or 4 seed, but I’ll take it.

2. Shawn Kemp
    4:07 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

Well, considering Spokane’s crime rate is higher for both violent and property crime than in 98% of communities in the U.S, I’m going with Denver…

@dallonadams

Source: http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/wa/spokane/crime/

3. deltasig41
    4:14 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

Personally, I’d rather be a 6 than a 5. If you can’t get to the top 3 lines, then I’d rather be a 6, or 7. Why? You avoid the 1 seed early in the tournament. Sure, you’d have the 2 seed to contend with, but the odds are better, obviously. Especially this year. Could end up being one of the wildest, most unpredictable tournaments we’ve seen in years.

Of course, if we’re projected to be a 6, we’ll likely be an 8 and have the 1 seed in the second round.

4. BobKYCats
    4:20 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

To answer your question, Mrs T., the first and second round sites have nothing to do with the locations for the Sweet 16 and Elite 8.

I’d prefer Providence over Denver over Spokane.

• turkeyleg88
      9:30 am January 19, 2016 Permalink

Like he said the first and second round sites don’t have an effect on what region you play in. Also, in the CBS we are projected in Providence not Spokane.

5. AGSlater
    4:34 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

When do they release NIT bracketology? That’s where this team is headed

• UK Big Board Update
      4:37 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

Wrong board. It’s spelled http://www.cardchronicle.com.

Any news on the hooker violations?

• Rixter
      6:27 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

or the FBI investigation?
      or the State Auditor’s audit?
      or the complaints that the school president is racist?

6. Rixter
    6:19 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

I’m sure Lunardi is correct about Duke being in Villanova’s region, but I’m sure that game would be played somewhere in North Carolina

7. plumloopy
    8:03 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

But when we deserve a 5/4 seed, we get an 8 seed.