Kentucky a 4-seed in Lunardi’s latest Bracketology

Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 8.47.10 AM

It’s Monday, which means new bracketology. After dominating wins over Georgia and South Carolina, ESPN’s Joe Lunardi still has Kentucky a four-seed, this time in the East Region, with opening round games in Oklahoma City. Lunardi currently has six SEC teams in: Kentucky (4-seed), Texas A&M (4-seed), LSU (7-seed), South Carolina (7-seed), Florida (9-seed), and Vanderbilt (11-seed).

Meanwhile, CBS Sports’ Jerry Palm has Kentucky as a five-seed in the South Region, playing its opening round games in Denver:

Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 9.17.19 AM
Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 9.17.49 AM

The matchups are meaningless right now, but I’d take either of those brackets right now.

11 Comments for Kentucky a 4-seed in Lunardi’s latest Bracketology

1. somerset bill
    11:16 am February 15, 2016 Permalink

lets hope for the villanova bracket. they have to be among the two or three most consistently overrated teams. dayton on the other hand, would be our second game in the kansas bracket, and they always seem to be tougher than their ranking would suggest.

2. Dusten
    11:16 am February 15, 2016 Permalink

As we get closer to March I’m starting to realize I’m not scared of any team in America. It’s a great feeling, I feel confident that we can get past whatever 1 seed we may get stacked up against in the sweet 16, assuming we wind up a 4 or 5 seed. There’s a deep tournament run a’brewin’!

3. Dusten
    11:20 am February 15, 2016 Permalink

If Derrick Willis continues to give us about 12 points and 8 rebounds a game, Marcus Lee stays out of foul trouble and plays decently, and Alex gets back healthy and comfortable… Man I feel good. Jamal Curry needs to keep his 3 point shot at around 40 percent, and Briscoe needs to be at least a 50 percent free throw shooter, if all that happens, that’s a final four team.

4. UKUKUK1865
    11:20 am February 15, 2016 Permalink

I can’t find UofL in either bracket. I was hoping to catch one of their games in person. They are a fun bunch to party with before games if you have plenty of singles.

5. Jaxson
    11:47 am February 15, 2016 Permalink

Cats looking good. Seems odd that UK has only played two non conference teams this year that are projected to make the tournament.

6. I seriously don’t pay attention to these because they change daily (except I guess he only releases them once a week based on what Tyler says above). I’ll only start paying attention come SEC tourney time, maybe VERY shortly before.

The only thing that irritates me more is the guys who do the constantly changing draft positions. The ABSOLUTE worst is that fact that there are already projections for NEXT year’s draft???!!! SERIOUSLY???!!! It would be nice to at least wait until the ball is thrown up this fall before we see the first one.

7. Kyle
    12:35 pm February 15, 2016 Permalink

I think Villanova is overrated (again) but I don’t necessarily want to play them in Philadelphia (on a court they have played already this year).

Would much rather play Kansas in the Yum! Center where we are 6-1 all-time and would have a home court advantage.

8. Matt
    1:36 pm February 15, 2016 Permalink

This is awesome. I’m ready for March! Also this bracketology is from *Lunardi*

9. RexRox
    1:38 pm February 15, 2016 Permalink

Kansas definitely not scary after we took them to OT while playing 5-on-8. AND while we weren’t hitting our 3’s.

10. meeksfor3
    2:14 pm February 15, 2016 Permalink

I bet Kansas is praying the game is at Allen Field house with Doug Sirmons officiating the game.

11. A_Blue_Wildcat
    2:32 pm February 15, 2016 Permalink

I much prefer the bottom bracket just to avoid Texas and Uconn. Those two teams worry me much more than any other team on either of those brackets.