Kentucky a 2-seed in ESPN’s latest Bracketology

Kansas-1766 crowd

Kentucky’s loss to Kansas probably eliminates them from consideration for a one-seed, but Joe Lunardi still thinks they’ll be a two-seed. In Lunardi’s latest Bracketology, Kentucky is a two-seed in the South Region, which also includes Baylor (1), UCLA (4), Duke (5), although all three of those squads are in the top half of the region, while Kentucky’s in the bottom half:

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 9.50.39 AM

This is all hypothetical, but Duke vs. UCLA in the round of 32 would be one heck of a game. Also, even having to play Baylor/Duke/UCLA in the Elite Eight doesn’t worry me as much as it probably should. If Kentucky can hang onto a two-seed, that’s huge.

Meanwhile, CBS Sports’ Jerry Palm has Kentucky as a three-seed in the East Region, potentially facing two-seed Louisville in the Sweet Sixteen in Indianapolis:

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 10.06.47 AM

USA Today has Bracketology too now, and Shelby Mast offers the same scenario, just in the South Region:

Right now, that’s getting a big “no, thank you” from me.

8 Comments for Kentucky a 2-seed in ESPN’s latest Bracketology

1. Catsby80
    11:25 am January 30, 2017 Permalink

As it relates to the USA Today bracket, isn’t there a rule that says a team cannot play within 60 miles of its own university? If so, wouldn’t that keep Indiana from playing in Indianapolis? On another note, I’m thinking there’s like a 75% chance at this point that IU doesn’t even make the tournament.

2. secrick
    11:26 am January 30, 2017 Permalink

Like i said in a prev. post. People start talking seeds as soon as the first ball is thrown in the air. Stop worrying so much about seeds and enjoy the basketball season.

• catsarerunnin
      11:50 am January 30, 2017 Permalink

^^^THIS

• symphonist41169
      11:53 am January 30, 2017 Permalink

Agree 100%, secrick. Enjoy the journey, not just the destination. Clowns like Lunardi and Palm are wrong way more than they’re right anyway and both will be even more irrelevant (if that’s possible) once the selection committee starts releasing the tops seeds of each region. I say good riddance to these self-important buffoons.

• UK Big Board Update
      1:49 pm January 30, 2017 Permalink

^ MAN, you are angry about some pretty arbitrary stuff. I bet you are fun at parties. Do you go to parties? Dou know people who throw parties? Do you know what a party actually is?

• symphonist41169
      7:51 am January 31, 2017 Permalink

1) I’m very fun at parties.
      2) I go to parties.
      3) Many of my friends throw parties.
      4) I know what a party is.
      5) Why are you obsessed with my social life?

3. AGSlater