Keldon Johnson in the Top 10 of new ESPN Mock Draft

Believe it or not, mock drafts are already rolling out, and ESPN’s latest includes just two Kentucky Wildcats. Jonathan Givony and Mike Schmitz have Keldon Johnson going 10th to the Orlando Magic and PJ Washington going 20th to the Portland Trail Blazers.

I bet you can guess who’s projected to go number one; in fact, Duke owns the top five, with Zion Williamson at No. 1, RJ Barrett at No. 2, and Cam Reddish at No. 4. North Carolina’s Nassir Little is No. 3, Oregon’s Bol Bol No. 5, and Indiana’s Romeo Langford No. 6.

It’s still early, but Keldon Johnson’s pro potential seems to be one of the few highlights of Kentucky’s season so far.

[ESPN]

[mobile_ad]

16 Comments for Keldon Johnson in the Top 10 of new ESPN Mock Draft

1. Bluebloodtoo
    11:19 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

There is nothing wrong with Kentucky’s season in basketball. This is not that out of the norm for Cal.

• PrincesPalace
      11:37 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Exactly. We’re 6 games in. And I could have told you 6 months ago Duke would “own the top 5.” Cats are coming

• StuckinLville
      11:59 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

This team plays with very little passion and hustle. They are boring to watch just like last year’s team. You’d think with having guys back there’d be more fire under these guys and there just isnt. Part of the problem is not having Quade in the starting line up.

• mashburnfan1
      6:00 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Man that Coach Kdhbdfyobyobbfdhky really puts guys in the NBA, 3 of top 5 plus probably another a bit later.

2. Alex90
    11:43 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Not being a hater but I don’t see an NBA team taking Zion over Barrett. Zion is an elite athlete but I’m not sure how his game translates to the NBA

• ClutchCargo
      11:48 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

I somewhat agree. Zion will kill it in the slam dunk contest, but Barrett has a better all around game. I think they will both do just fine in the NBA.

• Alex90
      1:58 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

I think Zion will still produce in the NabA but I’m not sold on the All Star potential. Gonzaga played him perfectly by playing off him 5ft on jumpers and forcing him right, he still had 20 points mainly from out backs but that is where his athleticism won’t help as much against 7 footers

• TonyMontana
      3:38 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

His game translates and he will be dominate. Do you have eyes? Come on! Everybody said this same crap about him right when he committed to Duke. Oh all he can do is dunk, bla bla bla. And you’re still sleeping! Plus, let’s not forget the butts in seats factor here. He will sell tickets, he’s energetic and charismatic. Barrett looks likes he constantly just woke from a nap. Just google Tryin for Zion.

• JASUN74
      6:34 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

RJ Barrett is on a completely different level than anyone in college basketball. While Zion will get his for sure, RJ will be talked about with Kobe, LeBron, in a few years. As in the best player playing for a championship. Don’t get me wrong, ZION is going to take some team to the playoffs, but he’s not the leader that R.J. will be ,and won’t be talked about as one the best all timers. Anyway, that’s a problem I’d love to have right now. Lol

3. chris43
    12:01 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Sure would be nice to have Bol Bol down low! Why Cal didn’t pick him for the USA team I’ll never know. He was considered a strong UK lean before that and afterwards things changed quickly. But I can’t say that I blame him. If not good enough to make the cut for that team…why play for ya later?

• J-Dub421
      12:05 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

It was not Cal’s decision. A committee chose the team.

• JASUN74
      6:36 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

That’s right J dub.

4. bigblue2284
    12:31 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

No way I’d take Zion over Barrett. Zion is box-office but I’d worry about his weight and shot at the next level. I could make a case for Reddish as well over Zion as a safer bet.

As for Keldon not top ten, I’m not hating but you have to have a reliable jumper to be top ten worthy imo. Keldon has the motor and is a good comparison to MKG who was way over drafted at 2 and should have been in the 10+ range.

5. HashtagNoseWhistle
    12:40 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

I don’t get why they put down the team that would draft them. None of that will be the same after the draft lottery

• JASUN74
      6:37 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

It’s the order as of today I believe. But your right, it will change some by then.

6. michaelb
    1:18 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Maybe some of our other players will take note of this mock and use it as motivation