Karl Towns and Julius Randle had lunch

Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 1.25.16 PM

The Lakers have the second pick in the NBA Draft, and if the Minnesota Timberwolves decide to go with Jahlil Okafor at #1, Karl Towns will be headed to Los Angeles.

Actually, that’s where Karl is right now. TMZ Sports caught Karl eating lunch with former Cat and current Laker Julius Randle at Il Pastaio in Beverly Hills earlier today. When asked if Randle was recruiting him, Karl laughed and said it was just a la familia meal.

“Nah, that’s Kentucky love right there. It’s family,” Towns said. The reporter pressed on and asked Karl how he would feel about playing with Kobe Bryant. His response? “That’s the legend. Of course everyone wants to play with a legend.”

Karl being Karl, he was incredibly polite with the paparazzi. It’s so weird that he has to deal with that now. It feels like only yesterday he was photobombing Cal.

6 Comments for Karl Towns and Julius Randle had lunch

1. CatsBy80
    3:56 pm June 5, 2015 Permalink

that dude with the camera/microphone seems like a douche. no way i could handle being surrounded by that garbage all day everyday. that would get old in a hurry.

sidebar: it would be awesome to see KAT & Julius together.

2. la familia
    4:04 pm June 5, 2015 Permalink

You’re the best writer on this site but I have to ask, Do you own the copyrights to “la familia”? I see it in a lot of your posts

3. Badger
    5:47 pm June 5, 2015 Permalink

Two of the hardest working, most coachable kids in land!

4. Huh
    12:33 pm June 6, 2015 Permalink

Best writer on the site? Serious? She’s a copy and paste master. 99% of her post is just stuff anybody can pull off the internet. This very article Being a perfect example. Not to be rude but from a pure business perspective I can’t understand why Matt pays her. I realize she’s his friend but again, pure business. You could get some college kid from UK to copy and paste all the stuff she does and hell, at least the kid would actually live in Nashville and be somewhat associated with the program other than having to use the google button all day

5. CouchCat
    1:23 pm June 6, 2015 Permalink

Wow!! This “IS” a miserable place. I appreciate you Tyler. Haters gonna hate. Hate hate hate hate

6. luvas
    5:39 pm June 6, 2015 Permalink

The only must read for me on here is Drew, followed by a tie between BTI and Matt, with BTI edging ahead a little more every day. Beisner was the best the site ever had.