Kansas students lined up at 6 am for tickets to Kentucky game

@KU_BBallCamping

Students at Kansas began lining up at 6 am yesterday morning for a shot at tickets to the Jayhawks’ upcoming game with Kentucky. While you and the rest of Big Blue Nation were sound asleep in your beds, KU students piled into the Anschutz Sports Pavilion for the ticket lottery.

That environment will be unlike anything the Cats have seen in a long, long time. Allen Fieldhouse is one of the best atmospheres in all of college basketball, and the visiting team is coming in on a three-game win streak against Kansas, including last year’s 32-point blowout and the 2012 National Championship. Not to mention the whole King of College Basketball debate.

It’s going to be rowdy in there.

Article written by Drew Franklin

9 Comments for Kansas students lined up at 6 am for tickets to Kentucky game

1. doobie brother
    4:21 pm January 25, 2016 Permalink

FYI, even though it’s KU it’s the University of Kansas not Kansas University. I know I’m that guy….

2. camara40
    4:33 pm January 25, 2016 Permalink

Apparently they do this for every game, not just this one. They buy tickets in groups and one person from each group has to be in line from now until the game, or else they forfeit their spot. It actually seems like more of a hassle than the way UK does their ticket distribution, which is saying a lot!

3. AirForceOne
    4:42 pm January 25, 2016 Permalink

Like Cal says, we are everybody’s Super Bowl.

4. HeshimuMeansWarrior
    4:44 pm January 25, 2016 Permalink

I hope we don’t get destroyed in this game. Is anyone else feeling less than optimistic? A representative of KSR in attendance doesn’t make me feel any better.

5. Memphis UK Cat
    5:26 pm January 25, 2016 Permalink

Tickets to this game are running around $350 a piece.

6. deltasig41
    5:34 pm January 25, 2016 Permalink

There is no question the place will be rocking at an extremely high level, but I’m not writing it off as a loss just because of that fact. I remember back in January of 2005, we hosted Kansas at Rupp. Both ranked teams. First time they’d been in Rupp in forever…Place was absolutely electric prior to tip off, and during the game. To that point, probably the second-loudest I’d ever heard it in that building. But you know what happened? Kansas beat us. I didn’t think there was any possible way we’d lose that game given the environment, and we did. The guys just have to go in with a mentality that they’re going to win, play well from the outset, and do their best to keep the crowd out of the game. I know there’s no place like Allen Fieldhouse, but it won’t be anything new for us to go into a raucous environment. I think it’ll be a lot closer than many expect.

7. ukufan
    5:56 pm January 25, 2016 Permalink

I’m beyond jacked for this game! A born Kansan, but a UK fan since the early 90’s. I’m just happy to be part of it. We can’t do any worse than our last game in Allen in the Tubby days.

8. bluetide
    11:58 am January 26, 2016 Permalink

BEAT KANSAS.

9. playmorezeppelin
    1:32 pm January 26, 2016 Permalink

Wish we could see a larger student section in Rupp arena. You always see Duke, North Carolina, and Kansas pack their arenas with students and it’s crazy. Kentucky shoves the small group of students that they allow in the lower arena behind one end of the court and it takes them out of half the game. (Puts the large majority of student ticket holders up near the banners). It seems to be an injustice to me that the University doesn’t take more priority in giving the students who attend the college better seats for the game. Rupp is a wonderful place, don’t get me wrong, but it doesn’t have that same college environment that other rival schools have.