Kansas outfitting half the crowd in blue and white tomorrow night

Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 11.14.17 AM

We’ve heard of a black-out, we’ve heard of a white-out; name the color and an opposing team will outfit its entire arena to try to distract the Cats. Fellow blue-blood Kansas is no exception. Kansas is hosting a “Crimson, Blue, and White Out” tomorrow night at Allen Fieldhouse, colorblocking the crowd with free t-shirts so that half will be wearing Kentucky’s colors.

Thanks guys! We’ll take any illusion of a split crowd we can get!

10 Comments for Kansas outfitting half the crowd in blue and white tomorrow night

1. ukjaybrat
    1:45 pm January 29, 2016 Permalink

i know we sometimes give free qdoba shirts to the erupption zone, but have we ever done a color-out for ANY basketball game ?

2. Sentient Third Eye
    1:48 pm January 29, 2016 Permalink

We should do a Mona Lisa out. Give all the crowd specific-colored shirts that would be pixels in living reproduction of da Vinci’s masterpiece!

Nah, that sounds like a Vandy thing to do.

3. serdi
    2:23 pm January 29, 2016 Permalink

We don’t need to an “any” out. We are Kentucky. We have been there…no need to act like we haven’t.
    I hope Kansas does not win because they will storm the court, and how embarrassing would that be for a program of their stature to do that…course they would be defeating the #1 program of all time.
    I am very disappointed that KU would stoop to a Red,White, and Blue out.

• bballfan85
      4:46 pm January 29, 2016 Permalink

You’re completely delusional if you think KU will rush the court if they win.

• CATandMONKEY
      6:07 pm January 29, 2016 Permalink

Actually I think it would depend upon how KU were to win the game, which I hope and think they won’t. If KU is down by 10 with 4 minutes remaining and comes back to win in dramatic fashion, can see them rushing the court. If they were to gain and maintain a lead the entire game I don’t see any court storming.

• UK Big Board Update
      6:18 pm January 29, 2016 Permalink

Get back to work, bballfan85!! That popcorn ain’t gonna butter itself!!

4. ukufan
    2:59 pm January 29, 2016 Permalink

Well I’ll be sporting Kentucky Blue up in that Red Zone #9!

5. jrdh13
    3:21 pm January 29, 2016 Permalink

I wouldn’t mind kentucky doing these things encourages the younger crowd to go. Gets the crowd more into it then currently the oldies sitting on their hands

6. Speaking of what #3 said above, where are we in the all time wins list? I haven’t checked in a while and when I have the only sites I find seem to not update the win totals until the season is over. I’m surprised Jon Scott doesn’t have a ticker at his site (bigbluehistory.net). His site doesn’t seem to get updated as often as it used to. Does anyone know if he’s still maintaining it?

Does anyone know of a site that tracks that in “real time”?

7. huck
    6:25 pm January 29, 2016 Permalink

Are they skaret(scared), afraid blue will get in and don’t want anyone to know?