Kahlil Whitney will sign with Kentucky on May 3

Tipton Edits

Kahlil Whitney will sign his National Letter of Intent on May 3 at his grammar school in Chicago.

“I’ll be going back home near Chicago to sign my commitment to Kentucky at my Grandmother’s old middle school in front of many elementary students,” Whitney told Mass Live. “My ultimate goal by doing that is to give them something inspiring to witness, hopefully.”

Rosselle Catholic suffered their first loss of the season, 75-55 to Norcross (GA) at the Hoophall Classic. Whitney finished with 12 points and 8 rebounds.

That didn’t stop him from speaking very highly of his future coach and school.

“Many people have asked me where I would go if I hadn’t already made my decision,” he said. “Truly, though, Kentucky has always been my dream school, so once I got an offer from them, I went with it.”

“Calipari’s resume speaks for itself since it’s Kentucky basketball. The fans are great; I love the atmosphere. As I was growing up, I watched guys like Anthony Davis and John Wall play inside that arena and it was great. I don’t see any issues with me succeeding on that team.”

[Kentucky commit Kahlil Whitney on choosing a school: ‘Kentucky has always been my dream school’]

Article written by Kindsey Bernhard

Lover of dogs, sports and beer. @kindseybernhard

7 Comments for Kahlil Whitney will sign with Kentucky on May 3

1. Skooms
    12:19 pm January 20, 2019 Permalink

Now the chicken littles can chill out about him not signing yet.

2. Kat4Life
    12:37 pm January 20, 2019 Permalink

Come on down big fella !!!

• trumpetguy
      4:51 pm January 20, 2019 Permalink

Life much easier on the court when one is surrounded by other good players……UK wins because they aren’t dependent on only one or two players. Wise HS potential recruits would do well and recognize that!

3. N-UR-i
    1:11 pm January 20, 2019 Permalink

Welcome aboard!

4. KatsKlaws
    6:50 pm January 20, 2019 Permalink

Who is the idiot that asked where would you go if you hadn’t made your decision? What kind of question is that?

5. JASUN74
    7:59 pm January 20, 2019 Permalink

Kahlil has the best midrange game I’ve seen from a high school player in a long time. Hurt is another kid who has a excellent midrange game, but as far as a pure 7-15 foot game, Kahlil is just unbelievable. I’ve went back and watched a bunch of his highlights, but also some whole games, and he’s money inside the arc! He’s got a pretty nice stroke from outside for sure, but his capability to shot fake and get that 8 to 15 foot shot is like watching a thing a beauty. Lol. He also can take you to the whole and dunk all over you to. Lol.

I’m very excited about this kid! He’s maybe the best defender of the 2,3,4 in high school this year. He is a flat out pest on defense and will get right in the guys face all game long. Wears them out and the best of the best at getting the opposition frustrated and mad. Lol. I’m sure most of you all have saw him and am as excited as I about him coming, but he really is going to be fun to watch. He plays with Soo much heart and hustle and it’s just fun to watch how hard he plays.

He reminds me of liggins with the way he moves on D, but he’s a much better offensive player. That’s about as good and as high praise as it gets, as far as a defensive comparison from me anyway, and this kid absolutely loves shutting you down as much or more than he does dunking on someone. Haha. He’s going to be loved by everyone from the first game on and be a leader like we haven’t had in some time. Although I love what I’m seeing from Hagans right now, I believe Kahlil will come in day one and have this group working together and for each other. MKG with a good offensive game is about what his mentality is and how he plays hard on every play. I will guarantee if this kid is healthy, he will be one of those special kids we all compare and hope other kids play like.

Now I’ve compared him to liggins and MKG. DAMN. I don’t like doing that to kids, and I don’t know if he’ll have the kind of influence like MKG did, but I will say he’ll play hard every second of the game and you’ll never have to worry about him taking a play off. As you’ve read, I’m really high on this kid, haha, ! I know he’s not going to have Anthony Davis with him like MKG did, but he’ll be a great one and we will always have a chance to win the game with him on our team. Thanks guys. Go to YouTube and check out some games. He’s really got a chance to be special here in Coach Cals system.

• j.b.lee
      10:45 pm January 20, 2019 Permalink

Excellent information from last comment. Will enjoy seeing this young man in blue and white. Seems to have his priorities straight. He may be like other players but he will be the first Kahlil Whitney. Will be able to slide right into Keldon Johnson slot next year.