Just like that, Calipari shoots down the Pelicans rumor

CalStealJoy

John Calipari and his Twitter staff are on the ball today. Less than an hour after The Times Picayune cited sources that said Cal was interested in the Pelicans job, he shot down that rumor on Twitter:

It’s like Cal has other things to do today, like hang out with Jamal Murray.

CalDroppingMic

6 Comments for Just like that, Calipari shoots down the Pelicans rumor

1. Catsby80
    1:32 pm May 19, 2015 Permalink

I can see why the Pelicans job would be appealing with Tyreke and AD, but unless the Pelicans are willing to pay 10 mil a year and give up some ownership opportunities, I don’t think Cal would take it… He would be taking a pay cut as it stands right now, per the writer from that NOLA newspaper.

2. ukblue22
    1:46 pm May 19, 2015 Permalink

Imagine that, a highly touted recruit comes on campus and some how the rumor hits that Cal is going to the NBA. I wonder which sleazeball program would have played that little trick? I also wonder how many other schools have played that card to try and mess with UK’s class this year?

• therealmcb
      2:12 pm May 19, 2015 Permalink

Exactly! The timing was too perfect for this not to come from a rival coach. We all know Cal doesn’t have leaks and a “source” said this.

• BigO
      2:29 pm May 19, 2015 Permalink

I find the coincidence of this “rumor” and Murray’s visit coming at the same time interesting to say the least.

• keiths
      2:34 pm May 19, 2015 Permalink

I can tell you EXACTLY wh is spreading the rumors! Its Jerrance Howard from Kansas. he has been spreading that crap to recruits for 2 years now.I got this from a VERY RELIABLE source

3. Old Henry Man