Julius Randle to enter the NBA Draft

randle

He’s gone, folks. No more Julius Randle in a Kentucky uniform.

In the least shocking piece of Kentucky basketball news in the last year, Julius Randle announced this afternoon that he will forego his sophomore, junior and senior seasons at UK to enter the NBA Draft. Randle sat in front of the Lexington media in the bowels of Memorial Coliseum to publicly announce his intentions to join the league, or what the kids like to call “get money.” He leaves behind 22 double-doubles and hundreds of bizarre facial expressions from the 2013-14 college basketball season. He will be missed.

More from Randle’s press conference to come in just a bit…

Article written by Drew Franklin

56 Comments for Julius Randle to enter the NBA Draft

1. Morehead Cat
    1:41 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Good luck Julius

2. piedma schwartz
    1:42 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

CHASE DAT PAPER FOR MORE SWANKY SHOES

3. MKG
    1:42 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

No hard feelings here. He had to go. Best of luck to Julius and go Cats…

4. JD Gregory
    1:43 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Happy for him… but why the drama and make us all wait and get our hopes up….

• Rei
      1:44 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Why do old people use so many periods to break up a sentence? One will do.

• Alamo_CatFan
      2:35 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Old people drive slowly in the passing lane too…not everyone wants to be like old ppl…

• Chaz
      2:51 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Old people become old for many reasons…maybe you should investigate. short. choppy. sentences. Just playing around, the intolerance of youth bears upon my sensibilities at times, now excuse me please, I see young people walking across my lawn.

• NotSatire
      3:54 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

That, my friend, is an ellipsis…

5. Ten loss Cal
    1:43 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

just put my 100,000 under my car when you get your first pay check

• L1C6
      1:45 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

yeah bc Cal needs money. You mad bro? I would be too if I was owed by my rival.

• Ten loss Cal
      1:46 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

im a duke fan…look up them number against ten loss cal

• UKBlue1!
      1:48 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

1-7

• L1C6
      1:49 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

wow, even Duke fans are sweating us now? Just when we thought Louisville fans were the most pathetic you Duke fans decide to give them a run? I’ll look up your record against Mercer.

• Mercer Fan
      1:51 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Ten loss Cal – we own you

• RealCatsFan
      1:54 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

A dookie?!? LMFAO!! I guess Coach Buy-a-Vowell will be looking for a stash of jewelry under his car from Jabari. Isn’t that how you guys roll?

You would have been more believable if you’d called yourself a UConn fan.

• mercer college
      1:54 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

hope to see you again next year huge coach K for me

• 1stROUNDkrzyzewski
      2:14 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Sorry to burst your bubble with STATS and FACTS (what most UofL and Duke fans don’t understand), but your beloved Coach K has more 10-loss seasons (9) than Calipari (7) . Also to further enlighten you, Coach K has lost (6) times in the first round of the NCAA or NIT; yes the NIT. Cal only (3); yes one being the infamous Robert Morris game after losing 7/8 of the rotation from a Championship team. Go read a book Dukies!!!

• PhilUK18
      2:18 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

“Look up them number against ten loss Cal”.

Uh, can someone translate this for us?
      But if you’re asking us to compare the programs since Cal got here, we can do that.
      Duke: National title, Sweet 16, First Round loss, Elite 8, First Round loss
      Kentucky: Elite 8, Final 4, National Title, NIT, Runner Up

Now Dookie, you want to tell us which program is doing better recently?

• RealCatsFan
      2:58 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

PhilUK18, the (ahem) “ebonics” alone should tip you off that this troll is not really a dook fan. I smell Crown Royal.

• Musehobo
      3:48 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

And in case you were wondering, UK is 11-9 vs. Duke all-time. Not sure you own any meaningful records against us.

6. BBN 4 LIFE
    1:44 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

ROLL ON BIG BOY……………….GOOD LUCK AND MANY THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. I Sayy
    1:44 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Thank you Julius for one of the greatest runs in college basketball history. I’ll never forget the memories you gave us. I look forward to watching you the next 15 years

8. rahrah
    1:45 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Go get ’em, Big Fella. We’ll be watching. It was a pleasure to watch you wear the blue. #BBNforever

9. Steve
    1:45 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Julius was one of the best to wear Kentucky on his chest!!!

10. Allen
    1:46 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Very happy for him. But I’m completely over the announcements. Where you’re going? When you’re leaving?

11. TD
    1:48 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

All the best Julius. Hope your career in the pros is long, prosperous and that a championship is in your future.

12. Matt Lozier
    1:51 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Maybe he can get drafted by New Orleans and go help AD!

13. Julie
    1:52 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Can’t blame him for leaving. Best of luck to him. I really hope the last 4 we’re waiting to hear from decide to stay,though!

14. C....A.....T.....S....CATS!
    1:53 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Best wishes to you Julius…

Thank you for representing UK Basketball in such a classy manner.

ON…ON…UofK

15. tom
    1:54 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Thanks fo the memories Julius!

16. Isaac Brock
    1:54 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Let’s all have another Orange Julius.

17. DAKARI STOOPS
    1:54 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Thanks for everything Julius, Your time here was very special to all of us. I wish you the best in the NBA and hope you’re contending for NBA titles and going beast mode in the game’s biggest venues, Big Blue Nation will always be with you.

18. BigCatFan1987
    1:55 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

I can honestly say what you have done in one season with our beloved cats, will last a lifetime in all of our hearts! thanks for everything and just know that the support doesnt stop here! ONCE A WILDCAT, ALWAYS A WILDCAT!!! #BBNFirst

19. bosshogg24
    1:56 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

To the Duke fan, you set at home and watched UK in the championship game how did that feel?

20. brain
    1:56 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

24 dd’s. Good luck Julius. Happy for you, sad for me.

21. Ty e
    1:56 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

That’s ok, better news coming this evening. Good luck Julius, you will definitely be missed!

22. JC
    1:56 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Thank you for coming to Kentucky and giving BBN one of the most memorable basketball seasons ever. Good luck to you and we will be following your career in the NBA.

23. jeffrey
    1:58 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

It was 24 double doubles, not 22

24. George
    1:58 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Wow what a surprise! I thought for sure the reason he came to UK was to get an education and earn a degree. Really shocked by this!!

• L1C6
      2:10 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

He still can continue his education and get a degree. It happens. Jodie Meeks, for example.

25. UKgrad'13
    1:59 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

From “anywhere but Charlotte” to “anywhere but Los Angeles.” What a difference a year makes. Best wishes to Randle and GO CATS!

26. Jayone
    1:59 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

The best of luck young man in your future career. You will be missed but never forgotten. Thanks for the memories, you were in some of the most exciting games in UK history. .

27. WCS Fan
    2:01 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Good Job young man, Very happy for you. Thanks for coming to UK!! GOOD LUCK in the NBA

28. The blur
    2:01 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

No he came to succed and proceed.

29. Mercer's dictionary
    2:10 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Hey Dook fan….Today the word is Dictate……as is when we played and beat you guys, how did our…..
    Dic-tate?

30. Jordan
    2:11 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Randle did a lot for UK this season but sadly what I will remember most about him is him complaining about cramping in the championship game.

• Common Sense
      2:24 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Then you’re either an idiot, one of the most miserable and negative people in BBN, or both.

31. David Sprague
    2:28 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Julius speaks with much class. I wish him the best and will support him in his NBA career. I am puzzled with the press conference to tell us something obvious that we already knew? Did I miss a press conference for James Young? Puzzled; yet, it was really nice to see his smile again.

32. Barbara
    2:29 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

It was so exciting to watch you play. My mom and I even got to walk out of Rupp one night after the game with you and your family. You’re a great player and will be a force to be reckoned with in the NBA! Play strong Randall….we’ll miss you in the BBN!!! Go CATS! 😉

• You had SO much time
      2:34 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

To learn how to spell the man’s name. It’s RANDLE. It’s not hard, I promise

33. chief_cat
    2:41 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Thanks for the memories JR. It was a pleasure to watch you play this season. I hope you have a long and successful career in the NBA. We look forward to your return visits whenever you get the chance.
    #BBN

34. Mr. Obvious
    3:11 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Has anyone given Goodman a heads up that Julius has declared for the draft?

35. Kyreds
    3:14 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

I am glad he is gone!Too much of a Alpha Male!Ballhog & cant do nothing with his right hand ! Bye!!

36. dano ukcat
    3:48 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Im personally happy for JR,,,congrats,, always represent UK for life!!!!,, you deserve this time and all of your hard work is gonna start to pay off financially for him and his family!!!

37. Bonnie
    3:55 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Julius It’s really hard to say goodbye, so soon ! I hope you enjoyed playing at the University of Kentucky and being a Top Cat WILDCAT, just half as much as we have enjoyed you and your great smile, personality, and awesome play! We are going to miss you, but I’m not surprised with your decision to leave us! Sorry but not surprised! I hope you will have a fabulous Career in the NBA ! I hope you will remember us and come home to visit from time to time, We will always be your OLD KENTUCKY HOME ! You are a GREAT WILDCAT and always will be ! Thank you Julius for all the memories you have left us ! It was a great season of Kentucky Basketball ! Maybe you and James will make it on the same team ! Take Care, Julius we will be watching you and your career always,#BBN LOVES JULIUS RANDLE !!! GOD’s BLESSING’S TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY !!

38. BEAUMONT
    4:39 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Go ball out big fella! Best wishes to you and your family! You will always be in the BBN family, and will always have our support! Just another reason for me to watch the NBA! Thank you for the memories!